Postby Me » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:51 am

I've cracked and bought it off CDKeys. Unlocks in less than an hour ^_^

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:12 am

Impressions from the first 25 hours (review to come):

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-de ... -progress/

Sounds good gameplay wise, a bit buggy but not sure if he's been playing with the massive 25gb day one patch which may well sort some of the issues he's been having.
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 am

Working from home today so I can get an hour in at lunch. :D
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:03 am

Yeah I bought it also will try it tonight and see what's what.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 am

Seeing a lot of the early reviews popping up are mentioning bugs and performance issues. I really hope the day one patch addresses at least some of the issues.

From what I've read, it's not a Witcher 3 beater or anything close, however it does sound like a unique and interesting experience, so trying to view it as such. A bit of jankiness didn't stop me enjoying the Gothic games a lot.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 am

My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 am

Hmmm. Not exactly glowing is it.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 am

Jez wrote:Hmmm. Not exactly glowing is it.

No, it's not. Steam user reviews are currently sitting at 69% positive as well after 50-odd reviews.

My key from Instant Gaming still hasn't arrived and have spent the last hour debating whether to cancel my pre-order... it's been a long while since I took this sort of punt at this sort of price.

But I'm really curious to play it. If another patch or two sorts out the issues I still think it has the potential to be great.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 am

Welp, downloading now... in for a penny, in for £30 as they might say. :)
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 am

Keep in mind that some of the Steam reviews are likely negative because of the backlash against one of the lead devs who has been accused of racism and Gamergate shite. Frankly I couldn't care less - art should be separated from artist, and a lot of the accusations hardly seem thorough or well informed.

Photos!

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 am

Thank you, Preys World canaries. Your services are invaluable.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 am

A few tips for beginners, some very minor early game spoilers:

https://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-de ... ers-guide/
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 pm

This review on Steam... :lol:

on my first quest i was told to get some tools back from the town drunk.

i broke into his house to try to steal them back, but the chest was locked.

i tried to find the guy who sells lockpicks but gave up on that and decided to try a different way.

i went back and just started punching the man, and was forced to run for my life after realizing he has the hands.

i went to some womans home and knocked her unconscious and stole her onions, then sold the onions to buy charcoal for my father.

i then used the rest of the gold to go to the tavern and get drunk, thinking that it would up my speech enough to convince my fellow drunk to give the tools back.

i did not take into account that people do not want to talk after you punch them, and he quickly ran to a guard and i was thrown into jail.

i then burned to death in jail and had to restart.

this was the tutorial.
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm

:lol:

That is where I think I'm heading at the moment. I've only had about 40 mins on it so these are very early impressions:

- Performance wise it seems okay, comparable to Fallout 4 in that most of the time it's buttery smooth but certain areas cause a substantial drop in FPS. It's still playable when it drops, just a niggle (for reference I've got a GTX 1080, i5 4690k, 8GB RAM, running everything at max settings at 1440p).

- The scenery is gorgeous, some items less so. In a game with some strikingly beautiful graphics in places, it's weird how one of the first things I saw was a hexagonal apple.

- The dialogue is written fine so far. The voice acting is a comedic mixed bag ranging from pretty good to Gothic levels of mid-European attempts at English. It's set in Bohemia, so it's kind of appropriate in a slightly distracting way.

- There appear to be loads of wonderfully detailed systems for things like haggling, persuasion, lockpicking, etc. The 'basic' details you get for persuasion, for instance, covers everything from how you dress, your reputation, playing to your strengths (e.g. don't try to strongarm someone who's clearly beefier than you), how drunk you are, and several other things. It's not so much an intimidating overload of information as exciting at the prospect of how much detail is taken into consideration.

- Fighting is hard. I got into the same fistfight as the guy in the Steam review and got my arse handed to me. I think the trick to it is patience - randomly flailing without knowing what you're doing doesn't work. I'm also undecided if a controller is the optimal way to do combat - I'll have to experiment.

- The sheer amount of ways you can complete quests or use the in-game systems to create interesting and unique circumstances seems fascinating. Remember when the first Deus Ex came out and you quickly realised there is no 'right' way to do anything? It's exactly that.

On the whole, I'm very excited to play more. It's rough around the edges, and I haven't even seen any bugs yet, but if you can forgive or accept its quirks then it looks like there is a hell of a lot to enjoy. I think the key to getting the most out of it is not to try and metagame it - roleplaying it properly and accepting failure looks like a big part of the concept.
Last edited by Wrathbone on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos!

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 pm

The tutorial section is pretty long too, I think I'm just about at the part where it opens up.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing