Trump

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: Trump

Postby Raid » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 pm

I know May has made it abundantly clear that she wants a government-controlled firewall, but I've not seen mention of ISP-controlled fast lanes here.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:26 pm

It'll happen within the next 3 years.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:55 am

Regarding net neutrality, a number of States have signed up to sue over this so it's not a done deal yet.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:08 pm

I don't think we can have the same problems as the Americans because over there a lot of the infrastructure in some areas is controlled by one company. So if Verizon decides to throttle internet speeds there isn't an option to switch supplier. Here all it would take is one company to say "we won't throttle any websites" and they'd win a huge amount of customers.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:52 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42424666

Children have more maturity than these fucking clowns #-o

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Saw an article regarding them re-evaluating their policy on use of nuclear weapons too, the basic gist being that there are talks in place regarding the possibility of using them outside of responses to other nuclear threats.

Trump is a bully through and through, it seems that this is translating pretty well into US policies. I hope their constant alienation of other nations on the world stage winds up being a disaster for them and it ruins them economically.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:38 pm

I really do hope the other members of the UN vote against this, every one of them (well except Israel obviously), just as a big fuck you to Trump.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Well, the US government is going to hold the UN to ransom over the vote.

Trump's a businessman, he's viewing his country's foreign aid as a business transaction and doesn't think he's getting a good deal, so why not explicitly use it to buy political capital?

Can there be any clearer evidence for why a businessman should not be running a country? What an absolutely disgusting attitude.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:42 am

He isn't a businessman, he is just a Edwin.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 pm

“I will be announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR on Monday at 5:00 o’clock. Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media. Stay tuned!“

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 5767841792

Love this guy! :lol:
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Jesus, that can't be real :lol: :lol:

Who am I kidding, of course it's real. His earlier tweet at Kim saying his nuclear button was bigger was also comedy gold.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:31 am

I'd laugh if the whole situation wasn't so horrific.
Trying not to despair as much about the state of things this year but ughhhh!
End of an Era

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:23 am

There's a book coming out in a few days time about the Trump White House, with contributions from hundreds of staffers including former chief strategist and all-round horrible person Steve Bannon. Obviously, because the Trump White House seems to be an absolute clusterfuck, the WHite House has condemned Bannon saying that he's broken confidentiality agreements, and allegations made in the book are rubbish. The most entertaining allegations include:

- Melania was in tears after it looked like Trump was going to win the election, and the two were seen fighting on inauguration day.
- Trump holds Rupert Murdoch in high regard. Rupert Murdoch thinks Trump is an idiot.
- Daughter Ivanka both mocks her Dad's hair and wants to run for president herself.
- Steve Bannon thinks meetings between Russian officials and Trump Jr. were treasonous.

Frankly I wouldn't put it past Bannon to tell lies to damage Trump's position, it's pretty much what he does for a living, but it's quite funny that one of the campaign's key people is already lashing out at the administration less than a year after leaving it.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:27 am

Raid wrote:There's a book coming out in a few days time about the Trump White House, with contributions from hundreds of staffers including former chief strategist and all-round horrible person Steve Bannon. Obviously, because the Trump White House seems to be an absolute clusterfuck, the WHite House has condemned Bannon saying that he's broken confidentiality agreements, and allegations made in the book are rubbish. The most entertaining allegations include:

- Melania was in tears after it looked like Trump was going to win the election, and the two were seen fighting on inauguration day.
- Trump holds Rupert Murdoch in high regard. Rupert Murdoch thinks Trump is an idiot.
- Daughter Ivanka both mocks her Dad's hair and wants to run for president herself.
- Steve Bannon thinks meetings between Russian officials and Trump Jr. were treasonous.

Frankly I wouldn't put it past Bannon to tell lies to damage Trump's position, it's pretty much what he does for a living, but it's quite funny that one of the campaign's key people is already lashing out at the administration less than a year after leaving it.

I think the Edwin is lining up his own presidential campaign personally...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:40 am

That's certainly possible, but to me he seems like he wants to be the guy pulling the strings, not the one in the spotlight.

I forgot the allegation that's most relevant to the UK; the book claims that Tony Blair is the one that told Trump that GCHQ was spying on him, and that he was trying to be named as Trump's envoy to the middle-east. I know Blair's struggling to stay relevant, but given Trump's "bull in a china shop" method of dealing with the region, that's hilariously optimistic if true.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World