Microtransactions

Steamz and moar.
Tank

Re: Microtransactions

Postby Tank » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 pm

I am assuming your referring to Battlefront 2 because whilst CoD WW2 wasn't earth shattering it wasn't bad as such.

Not Battlefront 2 bad anyway.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Battlefront 2 physical sales in the UK were way down too, but then physical sales really don't mean anywhere near as much as they did even a couple of years ago.

EA are still down nearly 10% from the peak they'd reached at the beginning of November prior to the Battlefront controversy. That has to be a huge blow for them; the release of such a hyped franchise right before the next movie comes out should have given them a massive bump in share value. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal as they're still riding all time highs compared with a few years ago, but you've got to think there's some key shareholders and board members somewhere in the US whose blood is boiling at this cock up.

Of course, it won't stop them from continuing down the 'MTX' service path.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:21 pm

:lol:

Tank

Postby Tank » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 pm

It's worth pointing out that's a screenshot from their free-to-play mobile game, so it's not quite as offensive as it could be.

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group