World of Warships

The strategy of playing ones role.
Me
He's so not aard

Re: World of Warships

Postby Me » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:06 pm

You'll have alot of fun getting through the RN BB's. Just got the Lion now.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:44 am

The Lion is a bit of a monster.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:36 am

Some big changes to this recently. Firing from smoke is now detectable, with the detectability range varying by ship and gun size. Mainly it's to stop battleships and heavy cruisers from using smoke too much. Also the US cruiser line spilt has been confirmed, Cleveland will have its nerfs removed and move up to tier 8 in the new line. Correspondingly all the cruisers below Des Moine will move down a tier to compensate and a new tier 9 is being introduced. All the buffs on the Pensicola, New Orleans and Baltimore will be removed as they drop down a tier with the Pensicola taking the Clevelands place at tier 6.

French BBs have been show off, lots of quad mounts and very high speeds. Also the pan aisaian DDs are coming out soon with deep water torps that cant hit DDs.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 pm

I think the firing from smoke was needed. How well it will be received by the campers who just sit in smoke is another thing.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Got myself a Marblehead for 1 euro. Well technically 99 cents. I had £1.50 left in my paypal account, so went onto loot-boy and bought a tactical loot pack, which had the Marblehead in it. Very nice, thank you very much. :D

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Lucky man. also nice to get a cheap premium. you gotten any further down the RN Bb tree yet gpa? Don't forget to keep hold ov the cleveland for the cruiser split next year.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 pm

Havent played much WoWs in a while. Decided to give it a break and do something else. I am only just starting to get back into it again.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 pm

Me wrote:Lucky man. also nice to get a cheap premium. you gotten any further down the RN Bb tree yet gpa? Don't forget to keep hold ov the cleveland for the cruiser split next year.

Ok so what will happen with my Cleveland? I assume it will become a tier 9 CL? But what about the tier 6 CA. Will I have to re-grind it? Or will I get that as well?

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:08 pm

The Cleveland will go to tier 8 and you should get the replacement tier 6 where the Cleveland was. I heard someone say the XP stays at the tier though so your tier 8 cleveland will have no XP and the pensacola you'd get free will have all the XP the Cleveland used to have. If you already had a Pensacola as well you'd get the New Orleans for free instead.

I'm at the balti so if I keep that I'll get the new tier 9 for free and keep the balti, which should will give me two ships to sell when I unlock the Des Moine. When the Russian and Jap DD split happened I ended up with a free mid tier DD in each line. One of the free ones actaully ended up being much hgher tier than any of my other DDs.

Have you seen the French BBs yet GPA? The tier 7 has 16 guns! 4x4 mounts.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Me wrote:Have you seen the French BBs yet GPA? The tier 7 has 16 guns! 4x4 mounts.

Nope, but I like the sound of that.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Had a few games of the new/current PvE operation, with both my Algerie and Myoko. Had a blast I don't mind saying. Two, 3 stars and 2 loses. The 2 loses both had carriers in the team. That just doesn't work on that scenario.

Also unlocked and bought the Iron Duke.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:36 pm

OK, its taken me a long time to get around to buying this. But the reason I started playing WoWs in the first place way back in open beta, was for the chance to play the Scharnhorst. The Germans certainly knew how to make a ship look attractive, because dam she looks fine. (Not sure about the container XP though :shock: )

First game out, not a bad result. :)

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:31 pm

Good going Gpa, its very fun ship plus ytou can use the captain from the bissy on it happily. Watch out for all those Pan-Asian DDs though!

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:56 am

I also unlocked and bought the Pensacola. So come the USN cruiser split everything will shuffle nicely.

People are saying come the split, my Cleveland captain will end up in the Pensacola. Cant see that happening if I already have it. But just in case, I just need to remember to send my Cleveland captain to the reserve before the split.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:59 pm

I managed to 5 star the Pensacola in the new operation. Its fully unlocked now. Captain isnt up to much yet. My good USN captain is setup for the Cleveland.

I want to try and 5 star my Algerie next. Love the guns, agile, but bugger me its fragile.

I see HMAS Vampire missions are up. They all look very do-able. Assuming my shifts at work are ok.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing