GO Astros!!

They think its all over... got cancelled.

Asherons

GO Astros!!

Postby Asherons » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Not a huge sports fan but gotta give a shout out to the stros.

I'm originally from Houston and so naturally any sport teams from Houston are my goto.

This is their 2nd world series appearance, and they got stomped by the white sox last time.

Currently down 2 games of the 7 game series so it may be they get stomped yet again, but i'm hoping they can pull a few wins this time around.

DjchunKfunK

Re: GO Astros!!

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:06 pm

It's tied at 1-1 isn't it? The Astros are nominally my baseball team as my friend and I adopted them as our team when we first visited the US many years ago. I'm not a big baseball fan though, American Football is more my American sport of choice.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:07 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:It's tied at 1-1 isn't it? The Astros are nominally my baseball team as my friend and I adopted them as our team when we first visited the US many years ago. I'm not a big baseball fan though, American Football is more my American sport of choice.

lol yeah your right, i went to bed before the game ended and read some texts from my brother implying they lost lol

Dang it went out to 11 innings, shoulda stayed and finished watching it

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:12 pm

Is this the one that's like rounders or the one that's like rugby but with plate armour?

Kidding ;)
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:29 pm

I think its the rounders one. The one that lasts like 48 hours and the managers dress up like the players.

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 pm

hah yeah its the running around the bases sport. and they can go on forever if its a tie game, think the longest ever game went about 20+ innings and they are supposed to only go 9. ill admit they can be kinda boring to watch but with beer they get better

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:52 am

:D

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:13 am

Medicine Man wrote:

:D

Homer is a true poet. I hope that Astros can nail a couple homers tonight

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:29 am

Fuck! Lost big time tonight

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:35 am

I think we have jinxed you. Sorry about that.

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:48 pm

Stros are up 3-2 in the world series!! All they need is one win outta the last two match ups and will Houstons first world series victory! Was just in Houston over the weekend and signs all over the place supporting the team. Hope they can pull a W! Pretty sure last two games are at dodgers hometown so gonna be going against the current

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:35 am

Woo! They did it!
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:Woo! They did it!

hell yeah they did, i watched the first two innings and then dipped out of where i was but i got to see all 5 of the runs they made, its awesome they won

Going to have to throw some money at getting some Astros gear now !

ASTROS #1!!!!

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:42 am

Baseball is a funny one. I worked in LA for a few months, and it became kinda a thing for us to go and watch the Dodgers play whenever we could. I wasn't really fussed about the sport, but loved the atmosphere of thousands upon thousands of American families out enjoying themselves, the interaction with various things that happened during the game, it had a really nice party atmosphere.

It compared very favourably with the much less pleasant atmosphere at an English football match!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:52 am

Snowy wrote:Baseball is a funny one. I worked in LA for a few months, and it became kinda a thing for us to go and watch the Dodgers play whenever we could. I wasn't really fussed about the sport, but loved the atmosphere of thousands upon thousands of American families out enjoying themselves, the interaction with various things that happened during the game, it had a really nice party atmosphere.

It compared very favourably with the much less pleasant atmosphere at an English football match!

Oh, sure, all it takes is one fan trying to assault a player using his own child as a weapon and you say football fans are animals:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... eeper.html

:lol:
My face is tired.

Next

Return to A Question of Sport