World of Warships

The strategy of playing ones role.
gpa-gone-west

Re: World of Warships

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:05 am

Arizona could be pretty good in Ranked. I have a hate - hate relationship with the Warspite. No idea why. I haven't used my Leander in a very long time. You got to use its stealth abilities to the full, and being stealthy isn't my strongest area of gaming in WoWs.

Wish I had kept my New Mexico and Bayern, as I would take them for a spin. I have a Dunkerque, which is pretty good in the right circumstances. Not sure ranked is right for it though.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:18 am

Leader will be useful for smoking. What don't you like about the Warspite? It's had it turrets speeded up a month or so ago and it does have the best accuracy where it's at.

Oddly Flamu doesn't like the New Mex for Ranked even though he recommends the Arizona.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:32 am

Me wrote:What don't you like about the Warspite?

Fucking everything. :lol:

Don't ask why because I don't know. It just bugs the hell out of me. I hate the dam thing. Cant explain it, I really cant. :?

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 pm

There's stats floating around the low tier RN BBs, Bellapone looks quite a monster at that level. Fastest BB and has a range of 15km 0_0 Also batting a 1.8 sigma, Kawachi she ain't. Looks like the KGV is getting 15inch guns only.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Yeh I heard KGV was getting 15" guns. I can understand that, if they cant get the 14" to work/balance correctly at T8. As long as it retains its 4x2x4, I for one wont mind.

The Bellapone really does look like a monster if those stats are true.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Latest update has taken off the conqs 18inch guns and replaced them with 4x3 16.5 inchers, which means its the same as all the others now. Also the Bissy 2ndies have been weakened, less damage and less chance of starting a fire. Still hit out to 10.6 km though.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 pm

I did wonder if the Conq's 18" guns would go. After all they have constantly said that nothing will out do the Yamato, so it surprised me they put 18" guns on it in the first place. Should still be pretty punchy. But I am slightly disappointed it will look just like all the others.

On the Bizzy. I am slightly concerned at them nerfing its secondary guns. At T8 its 15" guns are adequate, but that's all they are. Every other BB it meets out punches it, so having great secondary guns was a unique part of its appeal.

On the subject of the current season of ranked. I haven't played much of it. I cant get into T6, no idea why. It just leaves me a little cold. I guess I played T6 enough when I was grinding the Fuso/Bayern/New Mexico etc, that I just cant be bothered.

Think I will wait until the RN BB's are finally out, and jump on them. I am looking forward to the lower tier ones.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:39 am

gpa-gone-west wrote:I did wonder if the Conq's 18" guns would go. After all they have constantly said that nothing will out do the Yamato, so it surprised me they put 18" guns on it in the first place.

Subtle but large difference, the yammy has 18.1 inchers and the conq had 18imchers. That .1 allows the yammy to pen through the bow of other battleships while the 18 cannot.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:23 pm

The Atlanta is on sale today. If you've already got one and buy it you'll get the doubloons instead which works out at half price for them. £15 for 9000 instead of £29. They've had a different ship on sale everyday this week.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:52 pm

I have always been tempted, but I don't think it will suit me. I almost bought Prinz Eugen yesterday. Always wanted it, but decided to hold off. I would only be buying it because of its name.

There are strong rumours going around that a new RN BB premium will be popped out when the full line is released. Cant see it myself, but lets see.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:46 am

The thought was that the Monarch, which is the KGV with 14inchers, would appear at tier 7 as a premium.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:25 am

Me wrote:The thought was that the Monarch, which is the KGV with 14inchers, would appear at tier 7 as a premium.

A KGV in its original layout with 14" guns, will be far to tempting to ignore. But surely they would call it Prince of Wales, or Duke of York? It would fly out of the shop.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:09 am

Yeah Monarch is just a test name, the Monarch was actually an ex-KGV of the old type so the name works well, since its the old test version of the ship.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 am

Monarch now has 3x3 61 inchers, which makes it a bit like all the other ships in that format. Conq now has its 18incher back.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Its gone shit now. Nelson is premium, KVG is tier 7 and a KGV with 3x3 16inchers is tier 8.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing