Ghost Recon: Wildlands (2016)

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Ghost Recon: Wildlands (2016)

Postby Jez » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:47 pm

They can do in real life if that's what your asking.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:55 pm

I was more wondering about the game ^_^
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Quietman wrote:
Snowy wrote:I will be on for a little while this evening, but have to go out to collect the Mrs from the airport so won't be on late.

Add me on uPlay if you haven't already mate.

Helo controls are an acquired taste on Wildlands. On the one hand, you can fly like an absolute ninja once you get your eye in - I took Peaver and Prey on a flat out flight inches above the undulating terrain the other night which had both of them waiting for the crash that never came (unusual for me). On the other, the plain weird mechanics make any front-facing mounted weapons completely pointless, as pointing the nose at anything is a waste of effort.

Do the blackhawk style helos have user operated side guns on them?

They do, but quite a limited field of fire.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:25 am

New The Division inspired costume and weapon DLC has just been released to all free of charge. You must own both games to get it though which no doubt you do.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/29/ghost- ... ult-rifle/
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:16 am

Not too fussed by that, happy with my current look.

Peaver and I will be on tonight from around 6pm with luck.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm

I shall be on around 6.

BTW Ubisoft have thrown down the gauntlet to co-op squads such as ourselves to complete one of the hardest bases in the game on extreme difficulty...

PRO CHALLENGE #1: MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY
PLAY AT MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY. TRY TO COMPLETE A HARD MISSION WITH YOUR TEAM BY TAKING DOWN A FORTIFIED CARTEL BASE LOCATED IN A 5 SKULL REGION. WILL YOU SUCCEED? OR WILL YOU BE KIA?

My current favourite GRW Youtuber OperatorDrewski who Ubisoft have just sponsored took on the challenge a day or so ago himself...

I don't have the specific coordinates for just where the base is on the map but I'm sure I can locate it before tonights session and we can see what we are truly made of as a squad. :mrgreen:
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Works for me :)

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:45 pm

I won't be around tonight after 8:30, I'm casting a HotS league game :( but might be after?
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Unlikely I will still be there, but others may

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Prey wrote:I shall be on around 6.

BTW Ubisoft have thrown down the gauntlet to co-op squads such as ourselves to complete one of the hardest bases in the game on extreme difficulty...

PRO CHALLENGE #1: MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY
PLAY AT MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY. TRY TO COMPLETE A HARD MISSION WITH YOUR TEAM BY TAKING DOWN A FORTIFIED CARTEL BASE LOCATED IN A 5 SKULL REGION. WILL YOU SUCCEED? OR WILL YOU BE KIA?

My current favourite GRW Youtuber OperatorDrewski who Ubisoft have just sponsored took on the challenge a day or so ago himself...

I don't have the specific coordinates for just where the base is on the map but I'm sure I can locate it before tonights session and we can see what we are truly made of as a squad. :mrgreen:

It is in Flor D'Oro in the southeast corner - not opened that sector up yet but a short helo ride will do so.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:12 pm

Make sure you do a write up Ian. I may not play this but I like the after-action reports.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:51 am

I left the group around seven so did you try this uber hard mission? WE struggled with a couple of Unidad squads.

And I died twice underneath a spawned vehicle. Not sure if deliberate....
And those SAM missiles..jeez.

And I turned off the game and went into my newly downloaded Razer driver thingy and the first checkbox I see ticked is the 'mute mic' button. So I could have had voice comms last night. Typical.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:27 am

Jez wrote:Make sure you do a write up Ian. I may not play this but I like the after-action reports.

Happy to oblige Jezmond.

PW Ghosts - Bolivia mission summary, 30 March 2017 - Strictly Confidential

The Ghosts assembled earlier than usual, initially with just myself (Sgt Snowy) and Private Rusty, the newest recruit to our elite force, present. Despite Pvt Rusty having comms issues, his training was clear, and the first mission of the day - to capture and interrogate a mid-ranking Sicario lieutenant, went by the numbers. We sneaked into the enemy compound, a salt processing plant on the edge of the salt flats. Moving silently from cover to cover, we efficiently cleared the base of enemy presence, whittling down the opponents in an ever tightening ring around the primary target until he was the only one left, upon which we moved in and interrogated him. On the back of the information we received, we exfiltrated and began to move to the next mission.

Our interrogation had revealed the coded transmission necessary to bring a higher ranking Sicario to a secret meeting point out on the salt flats. As we moved out we saw Cpl Peaver report for duty, and so the three of us jumped into the helo and headed off.

The meeting point on the salt flats looked, from the air, to have almost no cover, however on landing some small humps of mined salt and a general saline haze to the air helped our approach remain undetected. Our elite training showed, as once again the camp was cleared of enemy activity without the alert being sounded. I accessed the computer at the site and called in the enemy captain. Cpl Peaver had appropriated an enemy technical that had a minigun mounted on the back, so I took the gunnery position while Pvt Rusty got into cover and broke out an LMG. Cpl Peaver kept the technical behind an old corrugated iron shed in order to keep out of sight, and when the enemy helo came within range backed it out to allow the minigun to be used. As well as the enemy helo, the Sicario officer had a convoy of ground vehicles in support that came racing in across the salt flats, but the preparation of the Ghosts was too meticulous and they were all destroyed in short order. Mission complete.

Unfortunately, some exuberant flying from me and the subsequent battle had caused a significant amount of damage to our helicopter, so I decided to call upon our rebel friends to supply a replacement. Sadly here Private Rusty's shiny new uniform was clearly his undoing, the rebels must have thought his gleaming buttons were some kind of marker. "Ooh look" he said, "there is something right overhead, what could it be?". He peered up at the object, exclaiming that it seemed to be getting bigger, and continued to do so until our newly delivered helicopter landed square on his head, killing him stone dead on the spot.

After magically resurrecting Private Rusty, we moved on to our next objective - to scout out the 'railroad graveyard' on the very edge of the salt flats. The day seemed sunnier and brighter all around as we were joined by the highly decorated General Prey. Here we experienced out first mission failure - entirely unrelated? You decide. The graveyard turned out to be swarming with Sicario troops, and a careless shot alerted the enemy to our presence. The target we had to capture and interrogate bolted, and we quickly reacted jumping into two vehicles to give chase. I was a little ahead, and managed to catch the fleeing target and began ramming his SUV (in a tactical way, of course) to persuade him to stop. Pvt Rusty and Cpl Peaver came hammering up behind, however it seemed that the paramilitaries of Unidad had learned of General Prey being in the area - as I chased down the enemy a Unidad attack helicopter came roaring over the brow of a nearby hill. The target, having fouled himself at the rapidly approaching glimmer of General Prey's rows of medals and gold braid (as well as a rather ostentatious dress sword), decamped from SUV, the S of which now standing for Shit-drenched. Sgt Snowy heroically ran to him and commenced the interrogation, however bravery may have eclipsed intellect briefly here, as interrogating an enemy while a heavily armed helicopter gunship attacks may not be the approved means of handling such a situation. We all died.

Retrying the mission, we abandoned the stealthy approach, instead having the rebels drop us an armoured truck with mounted minigun. "Ooh look" breathed Private Rusty excitedly, "there is something right overhead, what could it be?"...

After pulling the mangled remains of Private Rusty from under the truck and patching him up, we unleashed a fury of gunfire from the only road out from the trainyard. Sure enough, the target panicked, having caught a glimmer (one of many) from General Prey's medals. An almighty anal detonation echoed across the salt-flats as he ran for his SUV, leaving his troops choking on the faecal stench in his wake. The ambush on the target went like clockwork, with the target captured and interrogated. Once again we were spotted by Unidad, but this time were prepared.

Once again I availed my self of the rebels resupply facility to get us a helicopter. "Ooh look" muttered Private Rusty, face screwed up as though experiencing some form of deja vu, "there is something right overhead, what could it be?"... Gen Prey raced across and tackled Pvt Rusty, dragging him to one side (with a clatter of medals and a clank of dress sword) as the helicopter crashed to the ground where they had been but a moment earlier.

The team piled into the helicopter, Cpl Peaver remarking that it looked different without 50 Shades of Rusty smeared across the underside, and took off to their next objective. On arrival, Pvt Rusty querulously pointed out that he had a leave pass to "go visit his girl". Gen Prey's heavily waxed moustache fairly bristled at this, and Pvt Rusty was dispatched to clean the head. As he wandered off dejectedly, he was heard to mutter "Ooh look"...

Right, that'll do you for now. If I get time later I will regale you with tales of the mission from hell - the "photograph the documents without being detected" mission.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:45 am

facebook style /like

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:03 am

Fine words there Ian

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action