Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:09 pm

for bite size gaming - its OK. I mean I would not pick this up for more than £4
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: New Indie/Quirky Games to Look Out For

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:19 am

This looks lovely.

“The hero of Yonder will explore the island, uncovering its secrets and the mysteries within them self as they embarks on a journey of self-discovery, while saving Gemea and its people. On the quest to become the island’s champion, he or she will join forces with natives and Sprites, ethereal creatures whom are the only thing capable of dispersing the murk.

"The towns of Gemea are filled with kind-hearted residents who have faced many difficulties since the arrival of the murk. By contributing to the island through talents like farming, crafting, cooking, fishing and brewing, relationships can be built with the locals, who offer everything from resources to a new farm as rewards.”

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/0 ... ore-434451
My face is tired.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Co zelda ugh

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:55 am

another one

Katana Zero

and this one is literally Prince Of Persia redone.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:20 am

I see Rainworld is finally out soon.

It still looks good, but I can't figure out if it's going to be any fun to play. A puzzle platformer with weighty, lumpy looking procedurally animated controls? I don't know.

Another game that's coming soon that I'm looking forward to but unsure about the controls:

End of an Era

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Battle Brothers is now out of Early Access. Not played the full version yet, but I put dozens of hours into the EA version.

It's really good!
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: New Indie/Quirky Games to Look Out For in 2016

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:31 am

Sly Boots wrote:Did anyone else play Expeditions Conquistador a while back? I quite enjoyed it fwiw.

Anyway, they're about to release a viking-themed followup:

Expeditions: Viking, a historical strategy-RPG about leading a fledgling clan of Vikings to power and glory, was originally announced in May 2015 as a sequel to Expeditions: Conquistador. Today, nearly two years later, developer Logic Artists announced that it will be turned loose upon the world on April 24.

As the newly-appointed chieftain of a small Norse village, you must consolidate your power base against rival neighbors, establish trade routes and alliances, and send raiding expeditions to the wealthy British Isles. But this is not an eye-in-the-sky strategy game: Your ax will serve you well, but the power of your words will be just as important.

"Expeditions: Viking features a branching dialogue system that allows the game to manage and react to player choices," Expeditions: Viking producer Ali Emek said. "We initially estimated a word count of 200,000, but we’ve decided to increase it by an additional 80,000 words to provide players with more content and give them more options and choices on how they progress through the story."

Ahead of its release, Expeditions: Viking will be on display at the PC Gamer Weekender, which runs February 18-19 at the Olympia in London. More information about the game is up at expeditionsseries.com.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-historical-s ... -in-april/

This was released on Steam yesterday, getting very good user reviews.

Waiting for it to release on Gog, though (for some reason it's still 'coming soon'), which is where I got the first one from. Very much enjoyed the last one, so looking forward to this.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri May 12, 2017 7:43 pm

I know RPGMaker games tend to turn people off immediately, but this is a new one from one of the people behind the excellent To The Moon, Laura Shigihura, who you may also remember did the Plants v Zombies song.

I've not played it, but it sounds like if you enjoyed TTM you'll probably enjoy this, and John Walker has been raving about it on RPS:

Rakuen

http://store.steampowered.com/app/559210/Rakuen/
My face is tired.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Black The Fall

The Station

Previous

Return to General Gaming & PW Steam Group