Medicine Man

Re: Diablo III & Reaper of Souls

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:13 pm

Yeah! Click that shit.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:22 pm

So I've been playing a hardcore seasonal Demon Hunter for the last week or two. Seasonal characters are given a set of class-specific set armour for completing three achievements as part of the season journey (reach level 70, kill a minor boss in one of the Torment difficulties, complete a level 20 greater rift by yourself; each gives two pieces of the set). The Demon Hunter gets this. It allows you to equip a melee weapon for 600% extra damage, makes Shadow Power (a really nice cooldown ability that usually lasts 5 seconds) permanent, and then makes Impale (knife throwing) do 40,000% extra damage. That's not a typo. I'm doing five billion damage on crits. I can one-shot pretty much anything, bosses included.

Demons rise out of the ground and then get vaporised as I, apparently, throw a knife at relativistic speeds directly through their skull, and presumably onwards to bore a hole straight through Mount Arreat. Azmodan, Lord of Sin, can't even get a taunting remark about the inevitable fall of mankind off before his colossal body disintegrates, leaving behind nothing but a blood smear and a box of gems. Health-Linked mobs explode into vapour because one of their brothers accidentally got in the way of a simple throwing knife that if aimed at the ground, would split the world asunder and turn the eternal battlefield into a collection of pieces of Sanctuary.

So yeah, I'm enjoying my Demon Hunter. It's some of the finest clicking I've had.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:34 pm

Sounds a bit OP.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:35 pm

It's almost game-breakingly OP. The only reason I don't stick it straight up to Torment XII is because I occasionally run out of hatred.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:36 am

Damm that armour is going to mess up my AOE build.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Obviously it's optional, there are other nice DH sets to choose from. And while it's not quite a multishot build, I've got some fairly nice equipment that lets me take on groups without any issue:

Sorry it's in 21:9. I show my equipment and skills at the end. Basically my primary is Bola, with the rune that generates 7 hatred and does lightning damage. This procs two legendary effects, causing enemies to pulse with lightning, and causes me to throw lightning around the place like Palpatine after one too many rum shots. I've got so much health on hit and health per second that I recharge most of my lost health with every attack.

Bonus: Zoltan Kulle is our favourite loot pinata. We don't think he likes us.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:27 pm

Thought I'd reinstall this to have a play and blessed if I can remember where it installs from. Not steam, not origin.
edit: Ah, just thought. It's a Blizzard thing. Need to go to my blizzard account.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Lol that Zoltan video is so siily.

I currently have Chakrams as my primary attack as I have a buff that gets them to gain hatred so I can just spam them, then I have mines on my other MB. It's the sentries that do most of the damage though as I can get five out at a time right now.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Yeah, I used the sentries for quite a while to deal with rare and named mobs, but after getting the set bonus, they simply weren't necessary as nothing lives for long enough to make them worthwhile. I did use the traps for quite a while as I found a weapon effect that taunted lesser mobs towards them, which was helpful when my AoE capability was pretty awful.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:36 pm

I quite like the seasonal gear that you can get. I ran a monk on the last season and some of the stuff just makes scaling drop off a hill. I was spamming primary attacks at about 300% speed and doing ridiculous crit and lifestyle damage with chained lightning. It certainly makes the game a whole lot more fun when eventually your grinding is rewarded by simply being able to massacre everything.

Might have to roll a new character for this season.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:48 pm

For clarification, you do actually get these reward sets as regular drops. I think I've had 5 pieces of the same set drop from various sources, though 3 of them were torsos. It's a nice benefit of the season journey system, but it's not compulsory.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm

I got the set this afternoon and the game is now trivial :P

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:45 am

Don't think of it as making the game trivial, think of it as giving you the opportunity to try harder difficulties!

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Okay, getting back into this, what's this season thing all about? Do I want to do it?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing