It'sa me!

Console Country!
Medicine Man

Re: It'sa me!

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:26 pm

eVoL wrote:At its best, galaxy is better ;)

That do? -_-

That sounds like a satisfactory compromise. I forgive you. :)

I think I'm just overly sensitive because I refuse to buy a Switch for Odyssey. £300+ for some already outdated, backwards hardware and Super Mario Sunshine 2, no thanks.

I'm not raging, oh no not in the slightest. :D

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:51 pm

Well I did just spend £300 on it! Fml. Not even anything else I want to play on it either!

I want MK but I can’t justify £40+ for a game I already own and played the shit out of.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:14 am

Did I just murder that rabbit?

It always seemed so innocuous when a 2D sprite blinked out of existence.
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:32 am

This is really good so far, it's like the great level design of Mario 64 crossed with the unique move-set of Mario Sunshine. The first proper world you get to is very reminiscent of the first world in Mario 64.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 pm

eVoL wrote:Well I did just spend £300 on it! Fml. Not even anything else I want to play on it either!

I want MK but I can’t justify £40+ for a game I already own and played the shit out of.

Sounds like we're the same person except the timeline has split at the point the Nintendo Switch was introduced.

I've been moaning to the wife about not having Mario (the first Mario game I haven't had at launch) and the ridiculous cost of the Switch. I think I may have overdone it as I get the feeling she's looking into getting one.
This was most definitely not my intention I feel years of raising children has made her susceptible to reverse psychology even though that was never my intention and I was being 100% honest about not wanting one.

It's a confusing time.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:11 pm

Give me 20-30hours and maybe I’ll have one for sale :lol:

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:50 pm

I've really been enjoying Odyssey; it's extremely non-linear and it's rare that you find yourself doing the same thing for more than a couple of minutes at a time, which works for the most part but I'll occasionally come across something I'd rather do more of. It *is* very easy to begin with, I'm told that it gets much more challenging after you've finished the story, which is an approach I don't particularly like, but I understand why they do it that way.

I ended up liking the Metro Kingdom (New Donk City) much more than I expected given my dislike of the mixed art styles. With it being a fairly dense area, it has a lot of good platforming bits which are sadly lacking so far in other kingdoms.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:20 pm

It’s rather good fun. The stuff that can only be done via motion controls are an affront though!

As an aside, this is the first Nintendo hardware I’ve ever thought felt kind of flimsy, mostly the joycons. It’s definately not the build quality of old! Also way less comfy than the WiiU but I guess that can’t be helped in keeping it thin.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Less comfy than the WiiU?! Offtt. That's me definitely out on the Switch then.

The WiiU has given me wrists of a chronic masturbator. Or at least a much older chronic masturbator.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:07 pm

It's arguably less comfortable than the WiiU pad in handheld mode, partially down to the weight, but it doesn't have the luxury of sculpted handles and big triggers. But in that case you're comparing a home console to a handheld, if the Switch is docked the separate joycon are much nicer to use because you don't need to keep your hands together, it's the most laid back console experience you can have. I love them.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:09 am

The only move that requires motion controls that you need is the spin attack, everything else can be done using buttons.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Asherons

Postby Asherons » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:43 pm

So bought Mario Odyssey the morning it came out, finished the main story line earlier today and I'd have to say I think its probably my favorite Mario, at first I felt a little skeptical as I played through the first zone but the more I played it the more I really liked what they did. It's got great and intuitive controls , I play it as a hand held so haven't tried the motion controls at all.

Like the throwback parts where it goes 2d along the walls, seems like you really need to explore everything to get all the power moon things.

Feel like is Jump is slightly weaker then in other games but I assumed it was to make the cap powers more relevant .

All around great game and there are still hours left of play if I want to get All of the moons going back through every level

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Some of my favourite photos from the food kingdom.

Previous

Return to Consoles & Handhelds