The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Console Country!
Wrathbone

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Postby Wrathbone » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 pm

I've seen a couple from a distance and I have a quest specifically to deal with one of them but I'm too scared to attempt it yet! I too am enjoying exploring with few specific aims in mind. It's fun to scale a mountain, find a shrine or tower in the distance and simply head off in that direction.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:10 pm

I've only done a couple of them, but they were both really creative and entertaining. I don't think they truly replace dungeons because they're quite short, but they have a very different feel to the shrines. I don't want to say too much for risk of spoiling the surprises, but the final parts of each do feel like classic Zelda.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Finally did my first divine beast last night. It was great. So much of this game is beyond my expectations - not because I thought it would be bad but because I have no Zelda reference point, and in my mind I was expecting a sort of arcadey Skyrim. It's so, so much more than that. In a way I feel lucky that this is my first Zelda game as my knowledge of the world and characters is minimal, and the snippets of things I recognise from cultural exposure are being given meaning as I play, much like how (minor spoiler maybe but not really) Link recovers his memories of the world throughout the game.

The 10/10 scores aren't an exaggeration, at least not from my experience of the game. It's already up there with the likes of Witcher 3 and BG2 as one of my favourite games of all time.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:23 pm

The game's been patched to give better frame rates in certain areas.

Typical really, the biggest problem area for me was surrounding the Master Sword... which I finally obtained yesterday and have no reason to go back there so far.

Previous

Return to Consoles & Handhelds