Mobile Gaming Thread 2016

Console Country!
Prey
Admin

Mobile Gaming Thread 2016

Postby Prey » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Right so I've only recently even begun to delve into the many wonders of mobile gaming and am constantly being surprised by just how good some of the games I download are whether they be free or paid for.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is one of the finest examples of what mobile gaming can offer thanks to its Tegra leanings and varied included graphical settings.
Cost: 10p

Secondly the android version of the much loved Colin Mcrae Rally has taken me back 20 years to when I was completely addicted to it on my PSX and looks even better than I remember and plays just as well thanks to some very tight touch screen controls.

Cost: 89p

What are you guys playing on the go? :)
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

eVoL

Re: Mobile Gaming Thread 2016

Postby eVoL » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:01 am

Ive played an absolute tonne of Clash Royale lately. Its kind of a 3min PVP RTS/TD. Its a gid little game that seems rotten with overpriced microtransactions till you realise you really dont need to spend a penny to remain competitive. Upgrades to units are so fast for the first few levels and so slow later on - even if you pay - that the incremental increase means very little. The game is about counters and a level 1 Bomber will wipe out a level 10 Barbarian squad every time. If you get into the rhythm of opening the free chests you get more than enough imo. Some units seem OP like Sparky but as soon as you know how to counter them the dread of seeing one deployed is way less and if anything its joy because you get to crush a sparky player! ¬_¬
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:40 am

The last thing I played was Reigns, which is basically a rougelike RPG version of Tinder. It's pretty well written and amusing, although it's so heavily based on random chance that you're not so much employing any sort of skill in playing. Managed to have one of my monarchs survive to be 80 something years old and die of old age which I considered to be that I'd beaten the game and so stopped playing. A good laugh though.

Other than that I really don't play mobile games at all anymore. Most of them are just time wasters that offer nothing of real value and those are the exact kind of games that I try to avoid nowadays.

I did play Pokemon Go for a while, because Pokemon. But when the nostalgia wears off you realise how much of a pile of wank the actual game is.

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 pm

The other Go games are pretty good. Hitman, Lara Croft and Deus Ex Go offer great turn based puzzles for quite a cheap asking price. Even cheaper when its on sale. Steven Universe: Attack the Light offers a charming little distraction, its the usual dungeon crawler but doesn't outstay it's welcome.
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath works well with the touchpad and PS3 pad. Good to get some more life out of my old Xperia Z.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:43 pm

Nintendo have announced the price and release date for Super Mario Run, $9.99 and the 15th of December. That seems rather steep for what is essentially an endless runner.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:46 am

So Mario is out and it's soooooooo boring! They might make it more exciting later but the demo is a right snoozer, sadly.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Reviews I've read seem to suggest that world 2 is when it really starts to get going.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Return to Consoles & Handhelds