Nintendo Switch!

Console Country!
Subway Diet

Re: The Nintendo NX

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:51 pm

It's just odd to go so tight lipped after a reveal. It's almost like something they did simply to try and impress their shareholders, you know?

I mean, what do I know about marketing? Just figured a constant forward momentum would be a better compared to going as quiet as possible. Ah well. We shall see what the conversation is like a few months down the line.
End of an Era

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Why would Nintendo want people talking about the specs when they're almost certainly going to be considerably lower than its competitors? My guess is that they want people to talk about the possibilities and potential experience of using the console, not the raw numbers. The list of developers on-board was the only real consolation, but only to head off the inevitable "Let's hope they've got the third party support this time!" comments that Nintendo consoles always receive.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Ths is exactly how the WiiU rollout went and third parties ditched them quick so that really means little.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Oh yeah, I'm not actually expecting anything different this time around. It's presumably going to be awkward to develop for as nobody is expecting the Switch's performance to match the other two consoles, meaning that their games aren't going to look as good.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:27 am

Raid wrote:Oh yeah, I'm not actually expecting anything different this time around. It's presumably going to be awkward to develop for as nobody is expecting the Switch's performance to match the other two consoles, meaning that their games aren't going to look as good.

Nintendo stopped talking about specs a long time ago, they never really said much about the Gamecube, so I wouldn't take their silence as proof that the console is significantly less powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One.

In a world where developers are going to have to start scaling console games for the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio, adding in another console wouldn't be a huge ask. So In the end it doesn't really matter if it isn't as powerful, the support will only stay around if it is a success.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:44 pm

I'm not using Nintendo's silence as an indicator of that, I'm using the fact that it's a gaming tablet with battery life and portability to be concerned about versus home consoles that are only really limited by price. That Nintendo isn't talking specs is largely just common sense - it would only serve to steer the conversation negatively.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:12 pm

The conversation is going to get steered negatively when they go complete radio silent and it's nothing but leaks about dev kits and documents. They either get in front of it or let the message get out of control.

While I don't see Nintendo rolling out a detailed spec list, but that doesn't mean can't still talk about the system. I mean, they're not even letting Bethesda or 2K talk about the games they showed in the trailer.

Like I said, you'd think they wanted a rolling momentum, not a false start, then a mad rush into March. Meanwhile, a bunch of bawbags reddit and GAF have been winding themselves up into a spiteful frenzy the whole time. :p
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:49 am

Subway Diet wrote:The conversation is going to get steered negatively when they go complete radio silent and it's nothing but leaks about dev kits and documents. They either get in front of it or let the message get out of control.

While I don't see Nintendo rolling out a detailed spec list, but that doesn't mean can't still talk about the system. I mean, they're not even letting Bethesda or 2K talk about the games they showed in the trailer.

Like I said, you'd think they wanted a rolling momentum, not a false start, then a mad rush into March. Meanwhile, a bunch of bawbags reddit and GAF have been winding themselves up into a spiteful frenzy the whole time. :p

Idiots on Gaf and reddit are going to wind themselves up into a frenzy whatever Nintendo do as was most of the gaming media to be honest. If they had come out with more details people would have just found another thing to moan about like price or the games. It was unlikely that they were going to dump all the info now and whilst they could have perhaps said a few more things I don't think any of the speculation is going to damage the system in the long run. Look at the PS4 Pro for instance, there were loads of rumors surrounding that before E3 and Sony didn't even mention in there which did nothing to harm the system when it was announced in September.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 am

I dunno, I think the Pro has been a bit of a fuckup marketing wise.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:11 am

It has been in that Sony haven't explained why you need one, but that is more down to the product itself rather than the gap between the system leaking and Sony announcing it.

DjchunKfunK

Re: Nintendo Switch!

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:05 am

January the 12th Nintendo will hold an event where they will detail the price, release date and the software line-up for the Switch.

I'm hoping for £250, but with the way the pound is right now I can see it creeping over that to maybe £270.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 am

If it breaks 299.99, I'm out.
End of an Era

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:02 am

I have a suspicion that it will be £300. A year ago it could have been £250, but the pound is so incredibly weak at the moment and the yen is fairly strong.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:13 am

If it's £300 it needs to have a game packed in I think in order to be attractive to people outside the die-hard fan base. £300 with Zelda and I would jump in, but £300 on its own and I think I would wait until Christmas.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:20 pm

Eurogamer are saying the Switch has a 6.2" 720p multi-touch screen.

That seems a bit small to me, but will be better for battery life. Not sure how a touch screen works with a system you have to stick in a dock.

PreviousNext

Return to Consoles & Handhelds