Halo: The Master Chef Collection

Console Country!
Mantis
Admin

Re: Halo: The Master Chef Collection

Postby Mantis » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:27 pm

It would have been sensible of them to let you choose which campaigns you actually want to install so that it wouldn't be quite so taxing on people's available HD space. 65GB is insane if your only intention is to replay Halo 1 and play some multiplayer.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 pm

343 have come out and said it wasn't practical to have the Master Chief Collection on two discs as it is meant to run as one single unified product.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Which is balls because all games have to be installed before they run so it would always need only one disc....
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:23 pm

eVoL wrote:Which is balls because all games have to be installed before they run so it would always need only one disc....
Exactly. An install only disk should be totally fine.
Such a weird way to go about this. I'm betting it's either Microsoft neglecting to implement that feature or not wanting to splash out on making custom cases just yet. It's got to be something dumb like that.

I'd be interested in hearing how functional the game is if you don't take the patch.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm pretty sure it won't work without the patch.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi little timmy, we got you Halo for your Christmas! Have fun playing.....
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:25 pm

There's no way. Something's got to happen if you put the disk in and the console isn't online. There's no way they'd lock you out of the game until you've downloaded a fuck-off huge patch... right?!
It'll be like a DLC or something the game downloads in the background.

Actually, looking about, it sounds like the disk will give you access to all the SP components, and the patch for MP. You fannies are such pessimists. :lol:

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:08 pm

eVoL wrote:Which is balls because all games have to be installed before they run so it would always need only one disc....

The comments from the developer completely ignore the installation disc possibility, which suggests to me that either the XBox One OS can't handle it, or they simply don't want to pay for a second disc.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am

A video of gameplay from everyone's favourite people. :)

Halo: CE looks very pretty and Halo 4 looks stunning for a game that was made on the 360.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Not even going to give them the pleasure of a click.
I'm more than capable of forming my own opinion without needing the voice over from smug, snarky pricks. :P

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:54 am

Subway Diet

Re: Xbox One! Launched!

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:55 am

Been dabbling in this on and off.
Honestly, the amount of content is staggering and I just can't bring myself to commit to it yet. Well, that, and the weird glitches the servers issues are causing. Stuff like losing single player progress and such.

I'm also pretty uncertain about the the MP side of things. The worst part of having the servers being wonky is that the only people dedicated enough to try and play it at the moment are the real savant-like hardcore. It's absolutely no fun to play with these MLG guys. The sooner things get sorted and they can go off and play in their own little hyper-competitive corner, the better.

I'm actually shocked that the online stuff is in such a shambles that the rest of Xbox live was going wonky for a couple of days there. I figured this would have been the one game to not underestimate their server load, but apparently they did and things are now pretty busted. :(
Last edited by Subway Diet on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 pm

That losing single player progress has been a problem since 3, whole sections of the game disappear forcing you to replay from scratch. A royal Edwin when your going for the Legendary completion :evil:

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Hmm... Hmm!
I'm contemplating doing a solo Legendary run on Halo: CE. It'll all end in tears, no doubt.
Sure, I did legendary solo on Halo 3, ODST and Reach, but they're a bit more considerate when it comes to difficulty.

And, for what it's worth, I've yet to try the MP side of things so I can't comment on how busted it is. :?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:10 am

Doubt you guys have been following the debacle all that closely, if at all. Essentially, the game is pretty much broken at the moment. Multiplayer barely works and the server issues and glitches are encroaching on the single player side of things.

To make matters worse, the devs had been talking about a large patch that should fix a lot of the problems. That patch hit last night and, if the official forums are to be believed, it only made things worse somehow.
You're not dealing with politely frustrated Driveclub users here. We're talking the jacked up on Mountain Dew MLG FPS crowd. Discontent escalated wildly. The word on the street is that Halo is now dead. Games are being taken back to stores, Xbox Ones are being sold off en masse. Master Chief and Arbiter living together! MASS HYSTERIA!

Seriously, though, it goes without saying that I'm disappointed with the product. Not sure how much longer, if at all, my patience is going to last with it.
I had bought it with confidence as there hadn't been any inkling that the game would be this much of a mess. The series never had a reputation of being rotten with bugs, the reviews had been hugely positive, the game was used for big multiplayer events at various conventions and the pre-release build up was very promising.

Urgh. Well, that's my fault for digitally pre-ordering the game. I'm just "lucky" that I've plenty of other games to play while it's being fixed. And that's assuming there's anyone left playing should it work properly.

PreviousNext

Return to Consoles & Handhelds