Gran Turismo 6

Console Country!
Rossell

Gran Turismo 6

Postby Rossell » Wed May 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Being unveiled very shortly. LAZAROU WHERE ART THOU?

Adalaar
Augmented

Re: Gran Turismo 6

Postby Adalaar » Wed May 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Please don't do a Gran turismo 5 and have premium cars looking gorgeous and 700 other cars looking meh.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Wed May 15, 2013 2:16 pm

It'll be a different "Brilliant/Meh" ration then GT5 leaning a bit more towards the Brilliant side of things I think. I say at least 200-300 more premiums in the game at least.

So far, Focus ST, new Merc A class, KTM X-Bow, Jaguar XJ220 all confirmed to be premium. And Silverstone is a new track.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-15 ... live-blog/

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 pm

OH MY GOD.

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Wed May 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Aw man, can't wait for 2018 for this to come out!

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Wed May 15, 2013 6:25 pm

Lol. Christmas :)

Papa Lazarou

Postby Papa Lazarou » Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 pm

I'M HERE!

DAY ONE. AMIRITE.

...maybe. Cautiously optimistic - new suspension and tyre model is of interest. From the limited off-screen gameplay I've seen, they appear to have addressed shadow jaggy issues, improved loading, etc. Could be the game GT5 was meant to be.

Still holding out hope for Vita version to be announced at E3. After all, they did say they were asked to hold information back, and they mentioned everything else - tablets, PCs... Vita suspiciously absent.

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Thu May 16, 2013 11:14 pm

If the reveal trailer was just a few seconds of a new more efficient UI, it would pretty much be a instant purchase.

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Fri May 17, 2013 8:52 am

They really need to add some 'grit'. The cars are just plastic boxes that have no real interaction with the track.

I'm wanting full tyre wear simulation in all race modes, damage to the cars (although this may never happen) and an expansion of the strict entry requirement races.

Papa Lazarou

Postby Papa Lazarou » Fri May 17, 2013 12:42 pm

From the limited in-game footage so far...

The new suspension model gives the impression of better track interaction. I'd expect better wear simulation from the new tyre model too.

Damage was in GT5, albeit limited. Minor mechanical damage is appreciated, but significant visual damage is a waste of resources in a sim, as anything spectacular would be terminal and therefore has no benefit to racing - such a crash might as well just fade to black. Of course it would be nice to have it - but it should be a very low priority.

I'd like to know if time of day and weather is going to be on all tracks now, and if they can simulate track evolution over the course of a race - either from changeable weather (varying temps, drying line) or from increasing grip levels on the racing line and decreasing levels off-line from marble build-up.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri May 17, 2013 12:47 pm

That actually looks like the car isnt floating 6 inches above the track! Finally caught up to forza :p
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Fri May 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:Damage was in GT5, albeit limited. Minor mechanical damage is appreciated, but significant visual damage is a waste of resources in a sim, as anything spectacular would be terminal and therefore has no benefit to racing - such a crash might as well just fade to black. Of course it would be nice to have it - but it should be a very low priority.

I'd disagree. Having a prang on the first corner and running the rest of the race with your bodywork flapping/falling off would provide a far better race experience than just bouncing off a barrier.

Or avoiding a first corner pile up, but running over a piece of debris and limping back to the pits with a puncture.

These little events would make races far more memorable than taking a second off your lap time.

Papa Lazarou

Postby Papa Lazarou » Fri May 17, 2013 1:50 pm

In real racing, a prang that results in significant bodywork flapping around would call for an immediate pit stop, because it's either dangerous or having too much of an negative impact on the aero.

Having to avoid small pieces of debris for fear of punctures is a good idea, but again such stuff is cleared up very quickly by marshals... it would be a very elaborate feature to simulate just for that initial realistic avoidance before it has had a chance to be cleared. Something for next-gen perhaps.

I think they need to sort out track evolution first - it is an important part of all track racing, happening in every race in all conditions, whereas debris avoidance is far more random and pretty rare in clean races.

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Fri May 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Thinking how much stuff I would like to see in GT6 is quickly making me realise that I will probably need to wait until GT12 for all my issues to be address :(

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Fri May 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Personally I just want a quick multiplayer race matchmaking lobby like F1 2012 in the Sprint races.

Just something to quickly jump into rather then search for a lobby only to find their doing the whole cop car thing again :(

Next

Return to Consoles & Handhelds