Sony Playstation Computer Consoles By Sony

Console Country!
Subway Diet

Re: Sony Playstation Computer Consoles By Sony

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:57 am

I'm gearing up to get a PS4 next month becasue Gravity Rush 2 and Persona 5 have sent me silly. Been scraping together pennies and potential Christmas money. :P

Still torn on the slim vs pro debate, though. Future-proofing vs 100 quid less with bundled games. How does one decide?
Haha, I think we all know which way I'm leaning. In the end it's only money, right? Dangerous precedent to set, but a month or so later and the cost won't have mattered either way. I'd rather have potentially smoother gameplay.

Still considering an Xbox One S as an alternative, but I'll just hold out for the Scorpio. That'd be the best time to get back on the XO train, I'd wager. Once consoles are more powerful than my PC again. :o
End of an Era

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:02 am

Pro is £300 at very if you use their 0% credit account.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:27 am

A cool deal, but probably for the best I don't start messing with credit. :-k
End of an Era

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:50 pm

You can pay it off as soon as you take it but yeah, maybe for the best ;)

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:31 pm

And the punch line is that I decided to go through with it anyway. Went straight from the basket, through the checkout, placed the order and... I think the offer must have ended yesterday?

Oh well. Full price PS4 Pro on credit! I'm now part of the problem.
End of an Era

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:30 pm

IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:36 pm

There would probably have been new year deals if you'd have waited a bit. :P

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Talked with customer support. The got me 35 quid off. Semi-win?
End of an Era

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:56 am

Finally, I can get back to Bloodborne.
End of an Era

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:49 pm

How's Bloodborne going Subby? Going to get back into it myself soon. Coming back to it for a quick blast after spending the last couple of days with the Nioh demo has actually been quite relaxing. Bloodborne is fast, but it's far more forgiving than Nioh.

And on that topic, anyone who likes the Souls series should definitely look into getting this. It is essentially Demon Souls set in ancient Japan, it borrows so much unashamedly from Souls but puts a fantastic twist of Japanese mythology on top. There's a far higher skill ceiling too because of how the stamina/Ki recharge and stance system works. Really fantastic, if a little overly harsh at times with the way enemies can home in on you as they swing, but then this is being developed by Team Ninja so you'd expect a certain level of insane difficulty. Going in as a Souls veteran I am still finding it pretty damn challenging.

The demo ends today and I think the full release is next week. Definitely recommended.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:46 pm

I've tried the Nioh demo and I like some of the systems they have, but I'm not a fan of using them in very tight corridors.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:06 pm

That's the main challenge I'm having with it too. The corridors are useful against multiple regular foes but I'm really finding it hard to fight the larger Yokai with so little room to dodge, particularly when their attacks always seem to track your movement so well.

I love the vibe of this game and the Japanese folklore enough that I will most certainly be buying it even if it does eventually make me pull my hair out though.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 am

Made some progress in Bloodborne, but kind of slowed down when having to deal with a forest full of snake piles.

Instead, plated through Infinite Warfare, Ratchet & Clank and just finished up Uncharted. Then played the Nioh demo over the weekend.

There's a lot that I like about the game but, man, I feel like I'm completely out of my depths with it. Not sure if I just need to learn the game, or if I'm too cack-handed to ever "get good" at it. Put in a couple of hours and I was nowhere near beating the mission.

Well, I'll probably get it in the end. But with an already packed start to the year, I'll probably dig into it later. I'm sure by them people will have come up with builds and advice on weapons.
That's the shameful way I'm playing through Bloodborne.
End of an Era

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:23 am

So, Uncharted 4. That was... alright. I mean, it was good and it looked expensive as hell. I just felt like the tone and gameplay was a bit off, you know?

On a technical level, I was getting frustrated. The no-risk climbing sections and sluggish aiming were a bit of a drag (I discovered the setting for Lock-On aiming right near the end of the game and suddenly was having a really good time with it). But, man, some of the set pieces, am I right? They've upped the game of running toward the camera like nobodies business.

The story was a little too... what's a kind way of putting it? I'm not opposed to trying to tell "grown up" stories, but it felt like a lot of the navel-gazing and such dragged down on the adventure aspects. Being dragged behind a speeding convoy while feeling apprehensive about the state of his marriage is a strange angle to go with for a blockbuster video game. I respect the hell out of it for trying, but it felt like a swing and a miss. As if it was something that shouldn't have been bolted onto Uncharted, but then I wonder if there's a space for this kind of grounded action adventure games? I'll tell you what, though, that Star Wars game from EA with Amy Hennig seems a lot more appealing now.

Came away thinking that I'm glad it exists and I'm glad people got something out of it, but I found it weaker than the sum of it's parts.

-

Well, picked up a copy of Gravity Rush 2 with my Uncharted trade-in money. A bit silly, as I'm not quite ready to start playing it yet and don't want to build up a back-log.

For now, though, I'm just pottering about with Resogun again while gearing up for the next game. Haha. It's a strange one, but the remake of Shadow of the Beast was among the exclusives that made me jump on getting a PS4. I understand it's a basic side-scrolling brawler, but I was digging the trippy fantasy art aesthetics... and burly, half naked monster dudes beating up each other ain't bad either. :-k
End of an Era

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:56 am

I couldn't get past the dumbness of uncharted 4. Like when you fins a super secret entrance and do a long series of puzzles and difficult climbing for a window to show you a fucking 100foot statue on the damn beach with a spyglass showing where to go! Literally the first place anyone would go to on the island! Happens a bunch of other slightly less egregious times too.

Also, Sam was shit. Still probably the second best in the series. Uncharted 1 might be rough, but it's still the best. Best told story with no forced grandeur. It's so much less flabby than the rest. 1>4=3>GA>2.

Glad that's them done with the series

PreviousNext

Return to Consoles & Handhelds