Sony Playstation Computer Consoles By Sony

Console Country!
Prey
Admin

Re: Sony Playstation Computer Consoles By Sony

Postby Prey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Watched my son play the Monster Hunter World beta last night and I gotta say I wasn't all that impressed as it came over as an Evolve like chaseathon as he and two other guys must have spent a good 20 minutes or more just hacking away at a trex style monster only to run out of time. One guy got so bored he left the match. Zero health bars on the monsters just makes it look so bloody laborious in nature and the only good bit was when another monster suddenly appeared and started tackling the rex - that's only when both monsters weren't constantly clipping through scenery with heads missing etc. The graphics while pretty lush in places especially with the vegetation, monster skin and water/particle effects sadly it also suffered some terrible pop in with a tiny draw distance which saw shadows and grass constantly pop into view. Was a tad distracting. The most impressive thing I noticed was how the rex's feet adapted to all manner of terrain in a very convincing fashion and the one time Brandon managed to actually get on to the rex and started damaging it although everything he tried seemed to do minimal damage and with no hp bar no one had any idea how long it had left.

Apart from that couldn't help but cross it off my must buy list to a mmm maybe for next year. Perhaps Dauntless will be more my thing.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Dauntless is pretty similar as it is taking Monster Hunter as it's base, I've also read that it's very grindy and not that fun to play.

I enjoyed what I played of Monster Hunter, I know the type of game it is going to be and a demo where you are dropped into the middle of a saved game is going to be confusing. I think you are doing it a big disservice to compare it to Evolve thought Dave. :)
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:35 pm

PS Plus for January, Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Telltales Batman.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:12 pm

More interested in psycho pass on vita tbh :)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:13 pm

PS Plus for February...

Knack, PS4
RiME, PS4
Spelunker HD, PS3
Mugen Souls Z, PS3
Exiles End, PS Vita
Grand Kingdom, PS Vita (Also available on PS4)

Previous

Return to Consoles & Handhelds