Destiny [360, PS3, PS4, XBone]

Console Country!
Prey
Admin

Re: Destiny [360, PS3, PS4, XBone] -Game's Oot!

Postby Prey » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Bungie just officially killed off the notorious loot cave.

The Hive of the holy "Treasure Cave" have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Good, boring conversation anyway.

Was reading the dev notes and was buoyed by what I read. They do seem to be taking comments on board and are going to tweak things.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:55 am

Mate got it (split accounts ftw -_-). I played for a little bit and fell asleep. Woke up, servers under ddos and cant log in. Yaldi!

edit: ok, level 9 and heres how you fix Destiny. Delete the Tower, add all its functions to flightmasters/travel terminals (3 for the entire "world" map would be fine) and combine patrol into the main map so youre always on that map and not hitting horrible load times and moderately different instances of the level. Also, when your writer leaves, fucking hire another one dont just give it to Bobby the shoe shine boy.

The Tower is a massive waste of space and time. Wandering from vendor to vendor plus crappy load times just make it a massive useless time synch.

The good: combat mostly feels nice, melee certainly does. Traversal is fun (double jumps and speederbike). It has a much better and more enjoyable feel than Borderlands but the drops seem a whole lot less varied. The instanced multiplayer is actually quite nice, for example I was battling away on my own in a canyon not really paying attention when another group of players tear through on their speederbikes and race off into the distance. No interaction but as a background setter for being other guardians in the world is was kind of cool. Its not a fecking MMO though, calling it such is just a pillow to bite while you take its horribly bland missions.

The annoying: there seems to be random out of level spawns, for example in a Lv6 zone theres a cave that has 4-5 level 11's in it. Nothing else, just a small empty cave. They ofcourse pretty much one shot you at Lv6. Very strange design decision.

Is it worth the money? Nope!
Would it be worth it at £20? Possibly. If you like this sort of thing. Personally I've been of the feeling that I'm done with level grind games. Not including actual RPGs in that, but loot/level grind games I've come to think of as the saddest form of gaming. So many hours wasted getting slightly higher numbers in Diablo 2 ;_;
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Seems like there are a few bugs in the game that let you glitch into areas that will be unlocked with future DLC. On disc story DLC, tut tut.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ansion-dlc

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:22 pm

From the video it appears to just be the director maps rather than the actual zones. So there's nothing playable there.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:59 pm

So you know what the combat in this reminds me most of and why it really quite like it now? Doom. Feels more Doom than Doom 3 actually. Mostly in enemy design and attack patterns; the Knights are a carbon copy of a Baron Of Hell for example, Wizards might as well be Cacodemons, those smaller guys that show up with knights are basically Imps etc... You know what, when in combat in a darkness area its really damn great. Scout rifles and shotty ftw.

I've went from total "meh" to really looking forward to some alone time tomorrow night to hammer into it. Currently Lv9 Hunter, also Lv6 Warlock (my only use with my mate in coop char).

Might have to recant my "not worth the money" thing ¬_¬

My biggest annoyance is you get new boots, the icon shows they are blue boots. You equip and on your char they are brown. FFS.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:25 am

And Crucible is bullshit.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:02 pm

The developers talk about how they are addressing the shortcomings in the game with the first expansion.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... -criticism

I'm sure they are aiming to fix the issues, but I would have thought that doing so in the first expansion is a tall order. A lot of the content would have been locked down before Destiny came out, so I'm not sure how much they can really address with this first expansion.

Content wise it seems it will have another raid, a strike and some story missions as well as loot and some extra PvP stuff. Also the cap increases to 32 which is only two levels which seems a bit low.

EDIT: PS4 players get an extra Strike.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Adalaar
Augmented

Postby Adalaar » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:44 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:The developers talk about how they are addressing the shortcomings in the game with the first expansion.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... -criticism

I'm sure they are aiming to fix the issues, but I would have thought that doing so in the first expansion is a tall order. A lot of the content would have been locked down before Destiny came out, so I'm not sure how much they can really address with this first expansion.

Content wise it seems it will have another raid, a strike and some story missions as well as loot and some extra PvP stuff. Also the cap increases to 32 which is only two levels which seems a bit low.

EDIT: PS4 players get an extra Strike.

PS3 and PS4 both get the strike.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:04 pm

For 15quid. They can get fucked.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:57 am

£19.99 mate according to Eurogamer, or you can pay £4.99 for the Expansion pass which gets you the first two expansions.

Just for a comparison Borderlands Season 2 pass was £19.99 and included four bits of content, each of which had as much if not more content in them than the Destiny Expansions appear to have.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon May 25, 2015 11:18 am

Srcr. Maligree

Re: Destiny [360, PS3, PS4, XBone]

Postby Srcr. Maligree » Mon May 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Destructoid's review calls House of Wolves "a $20 reskin".

http://www.destructoid.com/review-destiny-house-of-wolves-292545.phtml
Steam & Origin: Maligree ~~~ PSN: SrcrMaligree

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon May 25, 2015 7:37 pm

I wish I could understand the mentality of the kind of people sinking 100's of hours into it. There was barely 10hours in there to start with. It must be kids with the "I get a game for my Xmas and I have to make it last" mentality. It cant be grown ass adults..... surely.....

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon May 25, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm with you on that one. I tried playing it co-op through what story there is and whilst the gameplay in itself is fun (it feels like Halo so that's a no brainer) there just wasn't anything else at all to keep you playing. You can feel that MMO esque grind factor pulling you into just doing the same things endlessly in a bid to get slightly better gear and I think that's ultimately what hooks people, exploiting that compulsion.

For me though there just isn't anywhere near enough of a reason to keep hammering away at it, I'm not sure that I'm even going to go back and finish the main story quests to be honest, 15 minute boss battles where you're just standing on the spot gradually depleting an enormous health bar really isn't entertaining. And the multiplayer aspect where everyone can do live random quests together in the same world is stupidly limited in terms of player numbers.

PreviousNext

Return to Consoles & Handhelds