Destiny [360, PS3, PS4, XBone]

Console Country!
DjchunKfunK

Re: Destiny [360, PS3, PS4, XBone] -Game's Oot!

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Subway Diet wrote:I've been watching a stream of guys running the raid. It looks brutal, draining and very, very difficult.
There was that bloke from Bungie who was on twitter essentially saying that the reviewers didn't hang about at the level cap long enough to fully appreciate the game. I can't help but wonder if this is the end-game content he were talking about?
I mean, it's cool that they've put something in there that's so demanding for only the best players, but I'm hesitant to think the press would have taken to it at all.

Anyone complaining about stuff like that needs to take a hard look at what games are supposed to be about. Someone shouldn't have to slog through hours of content before the reach the 'real' game.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Sounds like a pretty prevalent design choice that many 'MMO' devs are guilty of.

I think it would have been fine if they'd added in a variety of extra maps and fleshed out the story within the game so it didn't come across as so cliché and like all the voice actors can't be arsed. I appreciate a good story more than anything else in my games, and I'm equally as partial to one that is hidden away with very little exposition and that the players have to unearth themselves; but it looks like Bungie dropped the ball big time on actually making anyone within the game itself even remotely enticing or likable.

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Mantis wrote:Could get this with a PS4 bundle for £259 right now.

Where is it as that price?

My bad, I've got £70s worth of vouchers to use. Amazon are currently doing the bundle for the lowest price I've seen so far though, £329.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Subway Diet wrote:I've been watching a stream of guys running the raid. It looks brutal, draining and very, very difficult.
There was that bloke from Bungie who was on twitter essentially saying that the reviewers didn't hang about at the level cap long enough to fully appreciate the game. I can't help but wonder if this is the end-game content he were talking about?
I mean, it's cool that they've put something in there that's so demanding for only the best players, but I'm hesitant to think the press would have taken to it at all.

The level cap takes about 6-8 hours worth of play to reach and you can get to it by doing all the story missions and some strikes. It's hardly a slog.

The raids were always reported as hard I think. It's like running a WoW raid the first day it's unlocked with the bare minimum of gear, it /will/ be difficult and it will take time for people to get it done.

I'd be more disappointed if they'd blasted through it on the day of release.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Mantis wrote:Sounds like a pretty prevalent design choice that many 'MMO' devs are guilty of.

I think it would have been fine if they'd added in a variety of extra maps and fleshed out the story within the game so it didn't come across as so cliché and like all the voice actors can't be arsed. I appreciate a good story more than anything else in my games, and I'm equally as partial to one that is hidden away with very little exposition and that the players have to unearth themselves; but it looks like Bungie dropped the ball big time on actually making anyone within the game itself even remotely enticing or likable.

In your opinion :wink:

I really like the world and the characters I've met, but I agree they could use fleshing out. As I said earlier the stupidest thing they did was putting the Grimoire "off site", there's so much info there which you can hook into but it's a bugger to get to so most won't bother...

Oranje Head

Adalaar
Augmented

Postby Adalaar » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Quietman wrote:
Mantis wrote:Sounds like a pretty prevalent design choice that many 'MMO' devs are guilty of.

In your opinion :wink:

I really like the world and the characters I've met, but I agree they could use fleshing out. As I said earlier the stupidest thing they did was putting the Grimoire "off site", there's so much info there which you can hook into but it's a bugger to get to so most won't bother...

I did try and access it as I was very interested in seeing what cards I have and they do have a fair bit of info on them.But the site is buggy and as slow as hell.I will go back though and try again as it may have been a launch glitch.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm

I recommend the app, it's still kinda slow but easier to peruse whilst on't sofa

Oranje Head

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Are you saying that Bungie set out to make the game interesting only once you hit the level cap?

As for MMOs I would say that most modern MMOs try to make the progress to the level cap involving and enjoyable. Plus Bungie have said over and over that they don't consider this an MMO and I don't think it is really, so the comparison doesn't work.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:32 pm

They may have made it /more/ interesting once you hit level cap, as these games often are, but the journey is incredibly quick and fun.

Oranje Head

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:59 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:

Are you saying that Bungie set out to make the game interesting only once you hit the level cap?

I doubt any developer sets out to intentionally make that the case, but you've got to imagine it's a pretty easy trap to fall into when you're making an online game with a heavy emphasis on longevity and endgame content. It's not strictly an MMO game but it still follows a similar formula.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 am

Surprise, surprise Eurogamer have given Destiny their patented 8/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... iny-review

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:31 am

Formerly MrAnnoyed

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:46 am

Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:04 pm

The Angry Joe review is brilliant. I've not seen him totally lose it like that for a while. He's right though, so much inexcusable stuff that was clearly not thought through properly. :lol:

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Still watching it here, my son is less than impressed.

Damn Peter D song stuck in my head.

I AM DONE WITH THIS GAME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Prey wrote:Image

i was expecting at the bottom there to be :

Edge 11/10 AMAZING GAME. BEST THING EVAR.

PreviousNext

Return to Consoles & Handhelds