Destiny [360, PS3, PS4, XBone]

Console Country!
eVoL

Re: Destiny [360, PS3, PS4, XBone]

Postby eVoL » Mon May 25, 2015 8:33 pm

Apparently the games all about the raids but since the minimum for a raid is 24 and the grind while going above 20 is horrible Ive never done one and I probably never will. Oh and there is no "story" and theres no good boss battles so I'd use my time more wisely if I was you.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue May 26, 2015 9:47 am

Are there still more types of currency than missions in the game?

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue May 26, 2015 9:48 am

I believe this adds another one or two...

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue May 26, 2015 9:57 am

Currencies or missions?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 26, 2015 10:39 am

The thing about Destiny is that those who defend it say two things.

Firstly that it is all about playing with people and if you are playing it on your own then you are playing it wrong.

Secondly it gets good once you hit the level cap.

Now both these things may be true, but neither of them are acceptable in my opinion. What is doubly bizarre is that those using these reasons to defend the game have in the past slated games for having exactly the same issues (I'm looking at you Brad Shoemaker).
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Tue May 26, 2015 5:04 pm

I love the ideas behind the world and the, admittedly scarce and hard to access, lore - but as much as I loved it on release I completely agree that it is FAR too grindy. Spending as much time as you do to defeat a single end of dungeon boss (by, as you say, pretty much just popping out to shoot them in the weakpoint before running away from the pinpoint targetted AoE attack the boss no doubt has) only to receive feck all loot, with nothing to really distinguish them all except looks in many cases, is just... boring.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Is the lore that you have to go to their stupid website to read about actually worth the time though? Because all I've gotten so far from everything in game is the most slap dash, half arsed cliché known to man. Combined with Dinklage's god awful dialogue it really is only worth experiencing in co-op just to laugh at.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 pm

I'd be interested in playing what people said they played a year or so before release which sounded like a completely different game.
Quietman wrote:I love the ideas behind the world and the, admittedly scarce and hard to access, lore - but as much as I loved it on release I completely agree that it is FAR too grindy. Spending as much time as you do to defeat a single end of dungeon boss (by, as you say, pretty much just popping out to shoot them in the weakpoint before running away from the pinpoint targetted AoE attack the boss no doubt has) only to receive feck all loot, with nothing to really distinguish them all except looks in many cases, is just... boring.

Did you grind up to do the raid?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Well this Taken King sounds like a right mess. So it's £39.99 for the digital download which is nearly as much as the base game, but doesn't include anywhere near as much content. Then there is the retail edition which is £54.99 and includes the base game and the two other expansions. Finally there is the Collector's Edition at £74.99 which has the added extras of physical collectibles, some in-game items and three emotes. People seem to be pretty annoyed that the only way you can get the emotes is via the Collectors Edition. Sounds a bit silly to me, but then I guess you have to be have something a bit wrong with you to like the game in the first place. Am I right? :P

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 am

So after Luke Smith gave an interview with Eurogamer about the controversy over The Taken King and basically gave people a big FU, it seems he has been asked to apologise and Bungie are now offering the Collectors Edition content to players for $20.

I am Luke Smith, Creative Director on Destiny: The Taken King.
Many, many years ago, I wrote to you each week in this spot. We talked about Battle Rifles, we talked about stuff we weren't going to talk about, and at some point I did a horrible hand-drawing of an upcoming map and teased you with it in the Weekly Update.
Anyone who knows me knows I can be sarcastic, anyone who remembers podcasts I've done knows that I can be pretty blunt, and anyone who's watched me in a ViDoc knows I'm pretty unpolished.
However, most of you don't know me.
Reading my interview with Eurogamer and imagining it came from some random developer of a game I love - that random developer looks like an Asshat.
But that Asshat was me - and those words rightfully anger you.
I'm sorry.
My words made it sound as if Bungie doesn't care about their most loyal fans.
We do care. We are listening. And we will make it right.
Here's what we're doing about the Collector's Edition of Destiny: The Taken King...

I found the whole interview rather funny as Luke Smith used to be a news editor on 1UP before he went to Bungie and there he was being a dick and refusing to answer questions, doing what he no doubt had done to him in his previous career.

Anyway for the $20(UK price yet to be announced) you get three class emotes, three armour shaders and three exotic class items with XP bonuses. Sounds like a bargain.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:54 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:Anyway for the $20(UK price yet to be announced) you get three class emotes, three armour shaders and three exotic class items with XP bonuses. Sounds like a bargain.

Looks like Luke isn't the only one who can be sarcastic. :D

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Well it is a bargain compared to Hearthstone's alternative heroes. :)

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:18 am

Taken King comes out today. I expect a lot of retconning in reviews, talking about how the game is finally where it should have been at launch, forgetting the fact that they all praised it when the base game came out.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:27 am

I seriously doubt its anywhere near where it should have been at launch even with all expansions included.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:55 pm

It's so hard to find out if Destiny is now a decent game. Every review I have read is by someone who liked the original game and has been playing ever since so any changes made for the better they are obviously going to like. What I want are views from people who didn't like the original game.

PreviousNext

Return to Consoles & Handhelds