eVoL

Re: Dust 514 (PS3)

Postby eVoL » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Adalaar
Augmented

Postby Adalaar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:50 pm

You gotta be a paid subscriber...i'm offering one to who ever needs it.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 pm

I would like that key if it's still going, mate.

I really hope this game works out to be as amazing as the concept makes it seem.

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 am

I played the Beta of this, I really enjoyed it, but I found it quite complicated in setting up vehicle and dropsuit fittings. I couldn't find the right skill to call in vehicle drops either. This will take a while to get used to, but I love the idea of it. Cant wait for it to be released.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 am

Yeah its just CCP being CCP. Eve is just like that but 10 times more so.

I just discovered you can use mouse and keyboard too, have to hive that a go. Unfortunately I twatted both my USB keyboards and only have a PS2 one now ;_;

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:15 pm

PED7-4GN5-D29N
3PAD-GANR-PPJ6

Beta codes

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:04 am

Beta open to PS Plus subscribers tomorrow...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/ ... m-tomorrow

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Connection to Eve just went live.... interesting times...

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Anyone playing this then? hear its pretty good from the chat on EVE

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Its decent but it feels like one of those off Battlefield clones or even Planetside. Since the start of the beta its came on leaps and bounds and CCP are definitely good at iterating on an idea till it works so it can only get better.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:16 am

Im really curious to see what the effects on the parent game will be. I maxed out the 2 main planetary interaction skills some time ago and im hoping that it might pay dividends down the road. The limited ...very limited crossover between the two games is bound to increase and markets will surely be affected.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Yeah, well currently the markets are separate with good reason I suppose (first thing I did when the servers connected was add my Dust toon as a friend in Eve to try and give him lots of isk :lol: ) but have said they will link after the Dust economy sorts itself out. I do have a FW alt that I use to make isk on when 0.0 is a bit too hot and its neat seeing that the Dust wars are having an effect on the systems but your right that its very detached. I'm not even sure if we can issue Dust contracts yet. I used to have the planetary skills on an alt (now sold) but it was SO SO boring. I wish they'd make it more like a mini Civ. With or without turn based battles(troops on the ground could alter the ratio of players per side in dust), just make the building interesting and make your want to tend to it every day.

One thing sorely missing is the ability use Incarna to make characters instead of generic marines, even if they look like generic marines on the battlefield. Oh and upgrade Incarna in Eve too because all the characters look like slight variations of 4 dolls now, old ugly engine had more diversity.... but thats another matter ¬_¬ Hats and a few facemasks would do!

The one issue I have with it is that it would be SO much better on PC. I love my consoles and tend to prefer most shooters on the controller now for comfort but Dust is so very complex (perhaps unnecessarily so) that all the menus are cluttered and confusing and hard to navigate.... and when an Eve player is saying that you know somethings up. I'm reasonably sure it will find its way to PC within a year of the 1.0 release - especially if the architecture of the PS4 means they need to rebuild most of it from the ground up to keep it relevant.

By the by, you can plug a mouse and keyboard into Dust. I just havent tried it yet because its rather inconvenient.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Id "almost" buy a reconditioned PS3 for this but i figure it'll make the transition one day to PC - it seems very counter intuitive that they couldnt negotiate whatever deal with whoever to bring the game onto it parents native platform.

Oh well.

So what do you think eVol - you seeing any future trends in the dust market that might be extrapolated into the market on the main game?

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm starting to get into this more now. It feels better with each iteration and it feels like its moved just enough beyond that horrible Quake Wars feel for me to enjoy it now. I wish they would like the markets though so I can isk cheat ¬_¬

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:03 am

Ok, plug in your mouse and keyboard and play this thing! No way was this built for a console first. On controller its sluggish feeling but on m&k its tight and fluid. Its a good game on controller but I think its verging on a great game with mouse!

PreviousNext

Return to Consoles & Handhelds