The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Tichinde

Re: The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Postby Tichinde » Tue May 08, 2018 8:16 pm

There is the thing where they've been away on holiday for 3 weeks and it's got rain potential in the next few days before they are due home.
It's not a regular thing, just a favour :)
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue May 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Today's favour is tomorrow's chore. :) :)

But seriously, what a lovely son.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Wed May 09, 2018 7:24 am

Awwwww too kind.

Also, arse officially kicked last night. Did 45 minutes of yoga, shed an estimated 510 calories.
It's the first time in weeks that I've managed to maintain my heartrate during exercise in any meaningful way so quite pleased with that.

Just checked the t-shirt I was wearing (it's draped over the bath to dry out) and it's still damp so good works all round I feel :D

Sad part is I have to do it again today ¬¬
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 am

Get BeatSabre in VR. That, according to my fitbit, is an aerobic exercise. Played for about 40 minutes a day and used on average 450 calories. Sweating like a nun in a strip club afterwards.

It's like Zumba on steroids

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 pm

So wondering if this needs a new thread or not (give the word it shall be done).

I need to get a good sub £500 mountain bike. Probably a hard tail (no back suspension). Any pros here or any recommendations welcome :D

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Been a while since anyone's checked in here chaps. What's been happening with everyone?

Still trucking along nicely or does the month gap between posts in this thread smell suspiciously like cakes and McDonalds? :-k

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:29 pm

It does sound like slacking.
Mine is mostly down to work interfering with my workout buddy's time, leaving me going home and eventually not bothering to do anything for the day :(

And a Maccys breakfast isn't a sin :P

Heeeeeeeey

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:30 am

This will probably be a self-indulgent moan, but to be frank I'm going through a rough patch with regards to wellbeing. Despite unusual levels of stress from various sources over the last few weeks I've been trying to eat healthily again, and yet I'm currently in the early stages of a gout flare up. #-o I'm convinced this one has been triggered by stress (it's not just diet, all ye judgey types! :lol: ) - on top of a crazy level of work issues I've got garden problems exacerbated by my neighbours trying to sell (so I'm basically a dick for not getting on top of it, although they've said nothing), a weird sewage smell in the bathroom this week which I think is a drain problem, and a consistent lack of sleep due to the weather and anxiety (which fuels depression, which fuels more anxiety, which makes sleeping and getting on top of things harder, etc). I'm kind of a hot mess right now.

My current plan is this:

"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:22 am

Jesus WB. That's sounds like quite the plateful you've got on your hands there mate.

As hard as it is you can only really do one thing at a time. Try not to let things get on top of you like that. I know its easier said than done, but one step at a time. The other problems might as well not exist until you sort the first one out.

Forget the neighbour thing from what you say that doesn't seem to be an immediate problem at the moment. Bung a load of bleach down the bog, get some sink and plughole unblocker and fire that down your sink and bath/shower drains. Then put that to the back of your mind for the time being.

At the end of the day its all trivial nonsense if you don't keep on top of your health, see the doctor if need be and take it easy. Don't be so harsh on yourself man. It'll all be alright in the end just make sure you're there at the end too.

All the best mate.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Cheers mate, it'll all get sorted I know, it's just an unfortunate alignment of several problems all at once. I've never taken time off work for stress or anything like that, but it's getting to the point where a couple of weeks resting and getting on top of things would be a godsend. If only I had any spare annual leave! My manager is on holiday next week so I may take the opportunity to work from home more and take it a bit easier. It's a stupid fact of modern life that we all say health comes first, but when it comes to it most of us still put health at the bottom of a pile of things that don't matter all that much.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Previous

Return to General & Real World