The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Postby Raid » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:24 pm

BoggyB wrote:7 consecutive days of taking in 1500 calories a day and the total reduction on the scale is.......0.

Sometimes I think someone's taking the piss out of me.

I know from experience that you can't really trust that but still.

Do you know what your calorie expenditure is? I regularly do days where I'm consuming about that much, but I'm also burning between 4000 and 5000. Even five days in a row of that and I'll maybe lose one or two pounds despite there being a calorie deficit of around 17,500.

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:44 pm

You sure about those burn numbers Raid? Like I said before, most of the estimates are complete BS for that kind of thing. If those numbers were true you are just starving yourself.

It could be some water weight that is hanging around, Boggy. Give it another week and see what happens.
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:56 pm

That's what my Fitbit is telling me. Yes, I assume they're not incredibly accurate, but ballpark is close enough for me. I don't feel like I'm starving myself (I'm still 17 stone, I have the fat reserves), although I know I'm being a bit aggressive with it.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:38 pm

What the hell are you doing to be shedding 4000 calories a day? O_O
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

=D> =D> =D>
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Tichinde wrote:What the hell are you doing to be shedding 4000 calories a day? O_O

Just going to work. I walk 25 minutes either way, and I'm on my feet for the majority of time I'm there.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:29 pm

I've never considered that, but obviously living in general burns calories :)
When you said 4000, I immediately assumed by way of exercise. Wild to think that you can use that many just by being stood up.

Heeeeeeeey

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:25 am

Pew-Pew wrote:It could be some water weight that is hanging around, Boggy. Give it another week and see what happens.

Yep yep, just water. Dropped 2lbs overnight so all is going to plan.

I've consistently lost just about 2lb a week for the last 5 weeks so I can pretty much tell the exact date I'll hit my (new) 12.5 stone target if I maintain the deficit. It just happens to be on my 32nd birthday next month. : )

Here's part of my graph showing how all over the place it is when you weigh in daily. It's worth doing though just for curiosities sake.

14 stone 4 on the left, 13 stone 7 on the right so 11lbs overall (woo, maths). See if you can spot the easter weekend without looking at the date.

Listen to me. Traitor.

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:51 am

Raid wrote:That's what my Fitbit is telling me. Yes, I assume they're not incredibly accurate, but ballpark is close enough for me. I don't feel like I'm starving myself (I'm still 17 stone, I have the fat reserves), although I know I'm being a bit aggressive with it.

Yeah, mine used to tell me I'd burn crazy high amounts like that. I don't think it is anywhere near being accurate - I think I found the general rule on a busy day was to assume it was 2/3 of what it actually said!
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:23 am

Might as well jump in and maybe make me more culpable!

So I decided to join the gym when I broke 19st last year. Down to around 17ish in the new year then a bunch of family stuff happened and everything went out the window for a few months which was very dumb but my mind was on other things. Didn't feel like I had gained much in that period but I went back to 18st 5. Now I'm back down to around 17st 6 and feel a lot more in the groove than I have before. Its great when you can see yourself getting better like going from barely being able to do 5mins on the elliptical at first to being able to do 45mins on it without having a heartattack.

I'm not really calorie counting, I don't feel my meals are that bad but I could do with cutting some bread out. My two main things are going to the guy at least 4 times a week for at least an hour a time and as of two weeks ago I cut out coffee completely. Worst headache Ive ever had but I needed to get off it. I cover all of Scotland for work and convinced myself I needed to be hopped up on coffee to not crash and die. I was drinking maybe 2-3 litres of the stuff a day and that inevitably opened the door to "a wee biscuit" or "a wee sweety" - theyre just wee, they dont add up..... right? The plan is no coffee for a month and after that only when we go out for something to eat because if I have coffee in the house that shits getting drunk!

My job can be pretty active, I spend at least 90mins a day walking the dog, going to the gym 60+mins most days and I park my car 1.8miles from my flat where there are no parking restrictions. The gym app says I'm in the athlete range ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ). So we'll see how that combined with the cutting out of the coffee and snacks does and go from there. If I then need to calcount to get to where I need to be I'll do it then.

13.5st is probably my overall goal but Id be over the moon with anything under 15.

One weird thing, Ive been heavier than a lot of you but Ive never went above a 38 waist, I think I must have a weird body shape. Something else to worry about! 8) Maybe I'm just dense. Wait..... thats not good either.... :x
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:35 am

Good stuff! We'll get that PW calendar shoot yet.
Listen to me. Traitor.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:52 am

WOW eVoL! Well done on the weight loss so far. Sounds like you've really got your shit together. Although honestly I wouldn't expect anything less from an athlete. :D

The parallels in your story and mine are quite startling. I never really thought I ate badly at meal times at the time, it was always the 'wee biscuits' and 'wee sweeties' like you say that did the damage. Although more often than not those wee treats would ultimately end up being the whole pack or the whole multi bag or the whole slab or more often than not the whole everything altogether. I had the same problem with caffeine and fizzy drinks.

I spent a lot of time in the car for my work too and would end up unable to go anywhere unless I had a big bag of minstrels or maltesers on hand. Most of the time I had both because well they're on offer so it makes sense to have both right? Late nights didn't help either as Monday to Friday I would swing by Dominos on the way home just because. All that garbage coupled with the obligitory Chinese on the weekend and it's really a miracle I'm still alive. Unsurprisingly the weight practically dropped off me just cutting all that shit out alone. It was the last 3 or so stone that required the sweat.

Obviously I suffer from low self esteem, but really there is no better cure for that than the sense of satisfaction you can derive from achieving something tangible and weight loss was that for me. So rather than being ashamed of what I was and what I had done to myself I am proud of myself for what I have and what I continue to achieve.

I would love nothing more than for everyone on here striving to becoming a healthier person to experience that same sense of pride in themselves too.

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Does anyone else who's lost a load of weight ever forget they've done it?

Mentally I still think of myself as a fat bloke, which I am to an extent but you know what I mean, and I get really self conscious when wandering around in a t-shirt because it still feels to me like I've got a huge gut sticking out. I'm hoping that figures itself out soon.
Listen to me. Traitor.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Medicine Man wrote:The parallels in your story and mine are quite startling. I never really thought I ate badly at meal times at the time, it was always the 'wee biscuits' and 'wee sweeties' like you say that did the damage. Although more often than not those wee treats would ultimately end up being the whole pack or the whole multi bag or the whole slab or more often than not the whole everything altogether. I had the same problem with caffeine and fizzy drinks.

Totally, the amount of Tesco’s big dark chocolate and peppermint bars I finished off is embarrassing! Without coffee I don’t really even like chocolate so it all comes back to the coffee. Damn I miss coffee though! When I switched my diet to vegan a wheen of years back I figured then that the weight would fall off because vegans are all skinny white girls but man is it easy to be a fat ass vegan! :lol:

It’s pretty heartening to hear people’s similar stories <3
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World