The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:24 am

Did I ever post up a picture of the new curry place that opened up around our way called 'Anu's Kitchen'?

I've still never plucked up the necessary courage to order anything from there :lol:
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:50 am

dont think so mate :) please enlighten us

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:01 am

Jez wrote:dont think so mate :) please enlighten us

That was it really!

First we saw of it was a flier popped through out letterbox, which asked people to come to the opening of Anu's or something alarming like that. :lol:

I still point it out to my mates when they pop over for a visit. One day. One day I will partake of the Anu's...
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:08 am

Let us know when you go for it, and if we don't hear back within 24 hours we'll assume the worst. :lol:

Incidentally, Urban Spice has possibly the worst Tripadvisor restaurant page I've ever found (and contributed to in the form of the photos me and a friend took after drunk-purchasing from there after a night out, which ended badly):

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... gland.html

I'll stop derailing the thread now. TL;DR, if you want to remain healthy, avoid Urban Spice.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:11 am

Wrathbone wrote:Incidentally, Urban Spice has possibly the worst Tripadvisor restaurant page I've ever found (and contributed to in the form of the photos me and a friend took after drunk-purchasing from there after a night out, which ended badly):

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... gland.html

I'll stop derailing the thread now. TL;DR, if you want to remain healthy, avoid Urban Spice.

Jesus... I've been in some terrible takeaways in my time but I think that one has them all beat :o
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:29 am

The number of people in those reviews who went back a 2nd time. :lol:

Pew-Pew

Re: The Preys-world weight loss thread

Postby Pew-Pew » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Tichinde wrote:
Pew-Pew wrote:I've noticed that weight loss for most people is more about just eating a bit less rather than trying to compensate a lot with exercise and stuff - you don't burn that many calories unless it's long and intense. Most of my weight loss was just eating less.

Anything from 450 to 800 in 30 minutes to an hour.
Of yoga.
:)
In an average week I burn a full days compliment of calories.

Now about that Greggs...... :lol:

I'm not sure I believe those numbers, especially for something like yoga unless it's super intense! If you were doing sprints for an hour... maybe. TBH most estimates of calorie burn from exercise seem to be BS. Especially ones just based on heart rate. I remember wearing my fitbit and it telling me I had burned 4500kcal in a day (BMR + exercise) when I went on a long walk. It was probably 3000 in reality.
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Wrathbone wrote:I'll stop derailing the thread now. TL;DR, if you want to remain healthy, avoid Urban Spice.

I'd never tried them before (can't say I had any inclination to - it always looked like a post-club place to me), so I suppose I probably won't now. It does amuse me that the jacket potato van in the town centre is the top reviewed eatery in Lancaster though. Still, I'm not eating a great many takeaways these days...

...because I'm losing weight! Fairly quickly so far; started mid-january and have lost a stone and a half. Granted, I started off at 18.5, so even the small amount of exercise I'm now doing (20 minutes either way walking to work, on my feet for a good portion of the day) has quite a big effect as it takes a lot of energy to haul all of me around, so I'm not expecting to be able to keep this pace up for long.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:01 am

A stone and half! Woo! Well done Raid that's a huge amount of weight! Congrats.

And I'm sure you'll be able to keep up just fine, the more weight you lose the less of a load on your body so it should get easier the longer you keep going. You just have to keep going.

Tichinde

Re: The Preys-world weight loss thread

Postby Tichinde » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:36 am

Pew-Pew wrote:I'm not sure I believe those numbers, especially for something like yoga unless it's super intense! If you were doing sprints for an hour... maybe. TBH most estimates of calorie burn from exercise seem to be BS. Especially ones just based on heart rate.

General consensus is proper chest band hrms are far more accurate than anything that sits on your wrist.
And yeah, DDPY is not just stretches and relaxing.
I don't think there's a routine in it that hasn't left me sweating like I've been for a hard sprint.

Nicely done Raid, starting to do something is often the hardest part so you're over the hump as it were :)
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:42 pm

I have no idea what DDPY is, but it sounds moderately kinky. :)

When I was raking through the old photos the other day I stumbled across a few pics that I took when I hit my goal. I used Wii Fit of all things to track my weight-loss progress, I thought it was great at the time, woo graphs and miis and stupid gurning faces...

ImageImage

Look at me! I'm living proof of Nintendo's oft-maligned lifestyle vision. No vitality sensor though.

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am

7 consecutive days of taking in 1500 calories a day and the total reduction on the scale is.......0.

Sometimes I think someone's taking the piss out of me.

I know from experience that you can't really trust that but still.
Listen to me. Traitor.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Don't be disheartened Boggy, I know everybody's different, but I tend to find it takes 2 weeks before any dietary/excercise change would show on the scales.

Power on to next week my friend, you can do it!

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

I've just started a low-calorie, keto-based crash diet, since I'm headed to Hawaii in two weeks for my next assignment. I'm keeping a running tab on my intake, avoiding any alcohol for this time, and basically trying to go into monk-mode. Gonna try my best to get to the gym as well, to do some treadmill and high-rep weights.

So mad at myself now. A year and a half ago I was looking and feeling amazing. Now, I'm winded after walking quickly and my blood pressure is so high I'm taking a medication for it :( I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, as the last two years have been the worst of my life, but damn. I'll be 50 years old this coming August (I might have mentioned that a few times already :o) and don't want to go into my next half-century feeling this way and being on medication!

My signature is like a time capsule from the Wild West of the internet :o

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:11 pm

You can get back there again Soli and monk mode sounds like the very way do it. :D

Keep at it mate and enjoy Hawaii!

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World