The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: The Preys-world weight loss thread

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:36 am

Edwin wrote:Fuck sake am I the shortest person here?

I'm 5'8, so possibly not...
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:47 am

Subway Diet wrote:Well, things are slowly getting better. Well, two steps forward, one step back at times.

Sorry for mentioning it. The thread is meant to be about getting healthy, and this grossly miscalculated attempt at "humour" backfired. :?

Haha. But really. Congrats to everyone here making a proper go of it!

Getting healthy is getting healthy regardless of what end of the spectrum you're coming from.

Keep at it Subby.

If it's any consolation I laughed so not too miscalculated. :)

Weight loss pro tip - the best purchase I ever made when losing weight wasn't an excercise bike, dumb bells or even a gym membership. It was smaller dinner plates.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:52 am

I'm 5'10/11 and I'm about 14 stone (36 waist size) so I do consider myself overweight right now although my calorie intake per day is nigh on minuscule and far below the recommended 2000 a day as I have a pretty unhealthy relationship with food and often go all day without even thinking about eating. If I cook for the family you can almost be certain I won't have anything myself as cooking actually puts me off the meal I'm making, yes I'm that bad at cooking.

I do however drink an unhealthy amount of water and can gulp my way through a 5 litre bottle in a little over a day which I know is bad for me I just love the fresh taste of it so much. I guess I have always had what others would consider an issue with proper food and as such can end up binging my way through an entire bags of cheap crisps (the Roysters steak bubble kind) like there's no tomorrow devouring up to 10 packs in a single sitting. :oops: I never eat breakfast but I do have a bowl of soup nigh on religiously every single day of either vegetable or tomato variety and I only ever eat brown seeded bread with it.

I used to go walking for hours every single day or at least an hour when I could but now I'm lucky to do that once a week but I do have days out on the bikes planned with the family when they all break up within the next week so that's a start I guess. I have a set of weights sat in my bedroom but haven't touched them in years.

Gaming is my bodies curse but ultimately also my mind's blessing.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:13 am

6' 2" and 94kgs.

I'm tubby though in the wrong places due to middle age spread. Haven't had as much time to do fitness as I used to. Would like to lose a few kilos in the right places.

Overall not too bothered but it can only get worse :)

katarn

Postby katarn » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:44 am

I already touched on my weight journey in Boggy's thread, but it was sort of the opposite problem for me.

Currently I'm 6ft and 12 stone, with a bit of mini-belly due to not-great diet. But when I was a teenager I was underweight - at age 18-20 I was still as low as 9 stone. Although it didn't reach danger-levels, it did have a negative effect on my personality. I was forever wearing baggy clothes to hide my skeletal physique and used to hate the summer months.

After seeing GPs, and NHS dietary experts, I gradually got a food plan going and learnt how to take in more calories - even though I never had an appetite, so it was hard.

Back in the day, I used to get lots of comments like "Hah, I wish I had that problem!" when they didn't realise how serious it actually is.

I'm 40 years old, and I still have a leftover body-image problem, despite my weight being back within healthy limits.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:48 pm

I'd like to get in on this, as a form of inspiration. I've had some real ups & downs the last several years and it shows.

I'll be 50 years old this coming August :o :| I'm 5'8" and about 180lbs at the moment.

Before:
Spoiler: show
Summer of 2013. Strong, but needing to lose a bunch of fat:

After:
November 2015. Lost 20lbs during my first six weeks in Arizona. Pic is down in Solomon Islands, on my medical mission trip (hence the savage tan):

Present day:
November 2017, at the gym (sorry for the intense IG filtering). Trying to get back in shape after a stunningly horrible summer last year - ate a few dozen pizzas, drank a few dozen bottles of wine, and spent days at a time with two hours or less of sleep due to severe anxiety.

I want to get this weight back off for a few reasons. My face looked better, for sure. I felt better in my clothes, since I flat out refuse to buy new, fat-guy clothing :oops: And my blood pressure was fantastic - and this is the most important part, by far, because I want to live a nice long time, without chronic illness if at all possible. I'm on a bp medication now, which annoys the heck outta me.

I created these bad habits last year, knowing that this would all happen but couldn't stop myself. The stress of having to start my life completely over (I had .85c in the bank when I finally got back to California), having lost everything, and not knowing where I would even be working or living was an almost indescribable set of feelings. I'm doing a bit better now but still falling into the wine & bad food trip every time something stresses me even a tiny bit. The problem with the food & alcohol substitutions I've made for healthy living is that they are so satisfying at the time - I totally get food addiction, for sure. I can see how easy it would be to take off down that road and never return.

Looking forward to seeing posts here :)

My signature is like a time capsule from the Wild West of the internet :o

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Subway Diet wrote:Well, things are slowly getting better. Well, two steps forward, one step back at times.

Sorry for mentioning it. The thread is meant to be about getting healthy, and this grossly miscalculated attempt at "humour" backfired. :?

Haha. But really. Congrats to everyone here making a proper go of it!

It counts, if you're in positive forward figures, post about it.
If you slip, post about it.
There's no wrong post here in my opinion.

If you achieve, you know the replies will be congratulatory.
If you don't, you're going to get encouragement (Probably...).

I have just realised that my yoga mat is at home, so will be working out alone tonight.
I also had lunch at Greggs today so really should throw myself at it a bit harder tonight ¬¬
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:28 pm

I can relate to refusing to buy fat guy clothes, Solitaire! I'd end the day with a red belt ring around my gut because I didn't want to admit I'd gone from 38 inch to 40.

And Subway, sorry if I missed the joke, but post whatever you want/need to. Maybe this could be a generic Gettin' Healthy thread.
Listen to me. Traitor.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:48 pm

That before pic is a belter Soli!

Keeping the weight off is a massive challenge, especially when life gets in the way,but by the looks of things you've gotten there before so I have no doubt you'll be able to get back there again.

Eating is magic! I'd probably say its my hobby, but I tend to saviour my meals now rather than breathe them in. They are genuinely something I look forward to in a sensible manner rather than gorging myself from a trough in hedonistic manner. :D

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Medicine Man wrote:. They are genuinely something I look forward to in a sensible manner rather than gorging myself from a trough in hedonistic manner. :D

You don't have kids do you. :lol:

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Prey wrote:I'm 5'10/11 and I'm about 14 stone (36 waist size) so I do consider myself overweight right now although my calorie intake per day is nigh on minuscule and far below the recommended 2000 a day as I have a pretty unhealthy relationship with food and often go all day without even thinking about eating. If I cook for the family you can almost be certain I won't have anything myself as cooking actually puts me off the meal I'm making, yes I'm that bad at cooking.

I do however drink an unhealthy amount of water and can gulp my way through a 5 litre bottle in a little over a day which I know is bad for me I just love the fresh taste of it so much. I guess I have always had what others would consider an issue with proper food and as such can end up binging my way through an entire bags of cheap crisps (the Roysters steak bubble kind) like there's no tomorrow devouring up to 10 packs in a single sitting. :oops: I never eat breakfast but I do have a bowl of soup nigh on religiously every single day of either vegetable or tomato variety and I only ever eat brown seeded bread with it.

I used to go walking for hours every single day or at least an hour when I could but now I'm lucky to do that once a week but I do have days out on the bikes planned with the family when they all break up within the next week so that's a start I guess. I have a set of weights sat in my bedroom but haven't touched them in years.

Gaming is my bodies curse but ultimately also my mind's blessing.

How do you manage to still be overweight if you barely eat anything all day? Maybe you should try tracking what you eat (honestly) and see what it comes out to. Eating ten of those bags of crisps is probably 2000kcal or more! I don't mean this in a hostile way, it just doesn't add up.

I've noticed that weight loss for most people is more about just eating a bit less rather than trying to compensate a lot with exercise and stuff - you don't burn that many calories unless it's long and intense. Most of my weight loss was just eating less.
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Pew-Pew wrote:I've noticed that weight loss for most people is more about just eating a bit less rather than trying to compensate a lot with exercise and stuff - you don't burn that many calories unless it's long and intense. Most of my weight loss was just eating less.

Anything from 450 to 800 in 30 minutes to an hour.
Of yoga.
:)
In an average week I burn a full days compliment of calories.

Now about that Greggs...... :lol:
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Medicine Man

Re: The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 pm

The benefit to having a Greggs is it usually gives you chronic diarrhoea afterwards so it all balances out. Swings and roundabouts. :D

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:46 am

Similarly, we have a godawful curry takeaway in Lancaster called Urban Spice which is like having an enema. I can’t conceive how they remain in business. They must be a mafia front or something.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:06 am

'Urban Spice' :lol:

It could almost be a euphemism. "Oft I think I might have a touch of the Urban Spice"

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World