The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Tichinde

The Preys-World Health & Well-Being Thread

Postby Tichinde » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:54 am

Keep seeing lots of discussion in various other threads about weight loss successes, so lets get them all in one place, as a beacon of slimming for everyone.
Or something like that.

So back in 2014-2015, a friend of mine got into doing DDPY (or YRG as it was known).
It's yoga with cardio in a nutshell. He saw success with it, and now our entire friend group does it.

It's shocking how easily weight gain can sneak up on you. I was a chubby child that grew into a 15 stone bean stalk giant of a teenager.
It must have been when I went to University that the weight gain started, relationship gain, lots of beer, etc etc.
Left university, got a job, a new relationship, more gain, more beer, late night eating....so that's '98 through 2006.
So here is me in Australia in 2013.
The thing that really spins me out about that picture is how giant my hands are...
Around that time I was around 18.5 stone (117.4kg). Never considered myself "fat". I'm 6'5, I hide my fat in height, it's totally fine #-o

These days I am closer to 15 stone (95.2kg). All because I do 45-60 minutes of exercise 4 or 5 times a week.
I am stronger than I've been for some time, my back doesn't ache when I walk for extended periods, I'm more flexible, my 44" waist jeans went to a charity shop, the list of benefits goes on.

Now no story would be complete without an after picture (preferably holding out the waist band of my old trousers), but I genuinely do not have a recent photo.
I'll get one sorted out :)

So, personal goals would be maintenance. My weight does seem to have plateaued (which I'm fine with) and I'm not in this to get shredded, I am enjoying the challenge and the health benefits but what I enjoy most about working out is spending time with my friends while we do it.
That being said a 6-pack could be amusing, but I think that would demand a change in diet and I'm not ready to give up beer and pizza just yet :roll:

Share away lads. What have you lost, what have you gained, and where are you taking it? :)
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Mantis
Admin

Re: The Preys-world weight loss thread

Postby Mantis » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:24 am

Think I got up to about 78kg by the time I'd finished university in 2012. Shaved a couple of kg off over the years following that, but in 2016 I went nuts for running and did about 30km a week down by the river near my flat. I got down to about 66kg at my lowest weight I think, then when 2017 came round I started hitting weights at the gym four or five times a week. I had to pack it in for a bit in August after I injured myself and have been a bit lazy with it all since then, but I'm back up to 70kg now thanks to muscle build-up and have never felt as fit as I currently do.

I eat pretty healthy, so it's not all exercise. Cutting out processed sugars is absolutely key if you want to trim body fat. It does wonders for your self confidence when you've got a bit of muscle definition though.

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks for making this thread! Congrats on all the weight loss guys!

Over the last 4 years my weight has gone up and down quite a lot. I'm 6 ft 3 for reference. In early 2014 I was at my lightest ever adult weight, at 87kg (top left pic, taken in Japan). Then I got into a relationship and slowly gained weight up to about 104.5kg in 2016. After that I decided to make a change, and basically just ate a bit less, generally trying to keep to around 2000kcal a day. Sometimes went to the gym, but not consistently. I eventually plateaued last year at about 97kg, then towards the end of 2017 I started counting calories again and the weight dropped right off at the start of this year. I'm about 89kg now, with the picture from last week in Rome. I'm hoping to get to about 85kg eventually, as hopefully I will have less of the old abdomen fat at that point. Need to get back to the gym too.

Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:24 pm

I've no doubt said it in numerous threads all over the shop, but you all have my sincerest congratulations for any weight loss you have achieved over the years. Bravo to the lot of you!

I wonder how many people we could make out of our combined weight loss? Someone should keep a track of that in the OP.

I know myself how hard it is and how difficult it can be to change ingrained habits and behaviour. I went from around 110kg at my heaviest down to 70kg before settling somewhere around 75kg at the moment. At 6'2'' I am more than happy with that.

Compared to how I was, what I ate and what I did, I am now a completely different person. Queue the unflattering photos. Quick warning to anyone eating there is flesh involved hence the spoiler tags, sorry.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

There aren't very many photos of me (fortunately) so I don't believe that's me at my heaviest, but it is certainly me at my unhappiest. I'm probably in the region of 105kg-ish, it was taken in Wales in 2013. The other is me indulging in a spot of wild swimming at Loch Long last summer. Colder, but happier in many ways.

Oh and for whoever is keeping track, that's 35kg to add to the PW People Builder total. I think we may be close to making a Mantis already! :D

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:58 pm

I'm a portly 14st 11lb at 5'11", which is a stone down from 6 months ago, purely through minor adjustments to my diet. I've plateaued now and honestly I don't feel any great need to push the weight loss further. This is the weight I naturally gravitate towards and that suits me just fine.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:17 pm

I love reading about this stuff, people making a decision to better themselves and achieving it. Well done, boys.

I don't have many photos of me at my worst for obvious reasons, but here's one I took at 120kg just so I could keep looking at it in a "look at the fucking state of you, man, sort it out" sort of way. I'll stick to face pics since I don't really fancy showing off the goods.

Fatso 120kg mode below. Not sure what the purple lighting was about.

And the "after", but more like a during since there's still a bit to go, 88kg one. Also I've never been one for smiling.

Listen to me. Traitor.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Haven't really got any pictures of proof, but started losing weight start of July last year after weighing in at 17 stone 12, now down to 15 stone 10 height ref 6ft 5 inches.

And well done to all you guys who have managed it :D

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:46 pm

BoggyB wrote:And the "after", but more like a during since there's still a bit to go, 88kg one. Also I've never been one for smiling.

Look at those sweet cheekbones. And that jaw line, hoochie mama! :D

Keep it up Boggy!

One thing about losing weight that nobody warned me about is how bloody cold it is now. All that sweet insulation, gone.

Pew-Pew

Postby Pew-Pew » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:28 pm

You look a lot better! No more chubby cheeks.
Prey wrote: plus i rally want to jukmp on my wife but she ssleep.

i might ha ve to giver her a moo o rtwo

-_-

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:32 pm

It's mad how weight comes off your face.
It's just skull and a bit of skin, yet will be one of the first places other people notice it about you.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Fuck sake am I the shortest person here?
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Probably....
:P

Heeeeeeeey

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:52 am

Could talk about my weight loss as if it was an accomplishment. Only, you know, it came about from having an anxiety disorder and eating very little.

Not exactly helpful or healthy. 8-[
End of an Era

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:36 am

Sorry to hear that. How are you getting on with it?
Listen to me. Traitor.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:32 am

Well, things are slowly getting better. Well, two steps forward, one step back at times.

Sorry for mentioning it. The thread is meant to be about getting healthy, and this grossly miscalculated attempt at "humour" backfired. :?

Haha. But really. Congrats to everyone here making a proper go of it!
End of an Era

Next

Return to General & Real World