NYC Terror Attack

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Prey
Admin

NYC Terror Attack

Postby Prey » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:18 am

An ISIS sympathiser drove a rented truck down a busy cycle lane in New York killing five Argentine friends who were visiting the country and cycling together close to the World Trade Center. 8 lost their lives in all with others injured.

Eight people were killed and 11 injured when the driver of the truck hit people on a cycle path in Lower Manhattan.

A 29-year-old man, reported to be an Uzbek immigrant, was shot and injured by police as he left the vehicle.

US President Donald Trump has ordered the Department of Homeland Security to "step up" vetting measures in the wake of the attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41827435

Cowards.

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: NYC Terror Attack

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 am

I don't even know what to say any more. I'm just horrified by the state of the world right now on a near-daily basis.
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:31 am

Sly Boots wrote:I don't even know what to say any more. I'm just horrified by the state of the world right now on a near-daily basis.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:49 am

Indeed - while I am horrified by the attack, I am equally horrified that all it does it play to Trump's equally vile agenda, which in turn will cause greater division, which in turn will increase the likelihood of such attacks.

Sickening.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Sly Boots wrote:I don't even know what to say any more. I'm just horrified by the state of the world right now on a near-daily basis.

Honestly I react with mild indifference these days and it makes me hate myself a little, but how else should I react? These sorts of attacks are so common that if I get myself worked up every time one happens, then I just end up (more) depressed about the state of the world. The Manchester bombing this year was a special case because it's a) close to where I live, and b) someone I know was actually there, but the London attacks, Paris, Berlin, now New York... I just think to myself "Oh, another one" and move on.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Aye once again tis sickening, however I'm quite impressed by new yorkers resolve to get on with it like 'we had 9/11 you can't do any worse' and getting on with life.

Had a friend over there whose reported in safe and I'll be there a week today so no doubt extra security at jfk :evil:

Return to General & Real World