I Said Hey, What's Going On?

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Medicine Man

I Said Hey, What's Going On?

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:01 pm

As I'm way out of the loop with you all these days how about you fill me in on the excruciating minutiae of your daily lives since I've been gone?

As a card carrying nosey parker this lack of intimate information on you all is very troubling and I'm in danger of losing my hard earned stalker badge at next weeks meeting.

So spill it! What you all been up to?

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: I Said Hey, What's Going On?

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:59 pm

We all became incredibly secretive :lol:.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Training for South Sudan here, off there in new year for about 6 to 9 months. My wife is starting a doctorate and our soon to be 3 year old son continues to put both of us through the 5 prohibited characteristics for the treatment of prisoners of war. I want him to be put on trial in the Hague for war crimes. That's being funny but he is actually in contravention of them which is just fuckin ironic.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:26 am

Mostly streaming games on twitch myself and playing wow with a bunch of indie games and being silent here :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:49 am

On my last day of two weeks holiday here, feeling relaxed but I know it won't last to the end of Monday.

Went to Croatia on my hols, and it was absolutely brilliant - all inclusive adult-only resort, beautiful location, cocktail bar, total relaxation right by the sea.

What's not to like about having a view like this every evening while attentive staff keep the mojitos coming?

Image[/url]
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 am

Really just getting my life into a proper routine and trying to break my stagnation. Jobs going well, new car which is really enjoyable, weight loss has levelled out now but considering local gym options, best part is I can now wear Xl clothes which opens up more choice. As another thread of mine says I got a 10 day stay in new york state to trapse around the city and also attend a wedding.

So a bit boring. It's a bit crazy in other places but we're surviving. Love the view snowy.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:02 am

Wow, what rich and varied lives you are all leading. I'm very jealous or is it envious? :-k

Either way you're all doing a fabulous job of being humans. Keep it up!

I'm sitting at the PC in my pants. Well I say sitting, its more of a squat since I sit on a yoga ball. Get that image out your head. :D

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:17 am

Snowy wrote:On my last day of two weeks holiday here, feeling relaxed but I know it won't last to the end of Monday.

Went to Croatia on my hols, and it was absolutely brilliant - all inclusive adult-only resort, beautiful location, cocktail bar, total relaxation right by the sea.

Which area are you in? We did Croatia last year, 3 nights in Dubrovnik and then a ferry up to Hvar for 5 nights. It's easily one of my favourite places that I've ever visited, particularly Hvar as we rented a boat and spent one of our days just sailing around all the little islands and swimming in all the hidden coves.

Paul

Postby Paul » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 am

Got married / had kids. Still working in IT but starting to move more in the direction of operations / project management. Still love my cars; now drive a C220 estate, because kids.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:47 am

Rossell wrote:Really just getting my life into a proper routine and trying to break my stagnation. Jobs going well, new car which is really enjoyable, weight loss has levelled out now but considering local gym options, best part is I can now wear Xl clothes which opens up more choice. As another thread of mine says I got a 10 day stay in new york state to trapse around the city and also attend a wedding.

So a bit boring. It's a bit crazy in other places but we're surviving. Love the view snowy.

What car you bought Rossell?

Mantis wrote:
Snowy wrote:On my last day of two weeks holiday here, feeling relaxed but I know it won't last to the end of Monday.

Which area are you in? We did Croatia last year, 3 nights in Dubrovnik and then a ferry up to Hvar for 5 nights. It's easily one of my favourite places that I've ever visited, particularly Hvar as we rented a boat and spent one of our days just sailing around all the little islands and swimming in all the hidden coves.

We were in Makarska, about 90 miles up the coast from Split. We did absolutely fuck all for a week, which was exactly what I needed.

Paul wrote:Got married / had kids. Still working in IT but starting to move more in the direction of operations / project management. Still love my cars; now drive a C220 estate, because kids.

Don't do it Paul :D

Still driving my tuned up Focus ST, because love of cars and no kids (or because mid-life crisis, maybe all three)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:12 am

What car you bought Rossell?

A new-ish Ford Fiesta. One of the 1 litre Ecoboost engines with some low miles (about 15k, now up to 23k after nearly a year). The cars in a cracking condition and the engine is just beautiful, and surprisingly rapid.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm back in Northern California as of this past August. Relationship with the doctor down in Arizona didn't work out after all :( We sure look happy in our photos, as many people mention - and we were. But there's too much hurt there now, with her secret life that she had going on all the while saying I was the 'love of her life' (#3 or 4, as it turns out).

So, I'd left my daughters, friends, lovely city, best paying job ever, every stick of furniture I've ever owned, to go down there two years ago. Now I'm starting all over, quite literally: had 85 cents in my bank account by the time I made it here. I'm closer geographically speaking to my youngest girl, she's 13 now, and we're both happy to be spending more time together. My stepdaughter Kate, the Russian one some of you may remember, she's still not speaking to me, which breaks my heart still :( But her mother says that she may come around, and give her more time. That's all I can hope for.

I've got a decent job here, still working in psychiatric nursing. I took the summer and half this semester off from my graduate studies, so I'm looking at a Master's in Nursing come summer 2019. I don't know how I'll manage full time work and clinicals and flying to Spokane, Washington several times a year for practicums, but it seems that I've won every challenge life has put before me thus far, and will worry about it next year when I'm facing it head-on. I've got a new bass, a five string fretless Warwick that as made in 1998, so a nice new sound and playing style for me to learn. I'm living in Santa Cruz which is a beach community, home of surfing in the US, with beautiful cliffs and scenery, lots of hiking available, and good food/beer/wineries all around me. So, things are looking up, slowly, after what was easily the worst summer of my life with the break-up. That's a long, sad story that may never be told - I think I'd rather pretend it was a sad, lonely dream.

So, that's an update for you! :D

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Sorry to hear that Soli, world is full of dicks. Hopefully you can get back on the feet with the financials and the rest comes back into the sight line as time goes on.

Did this all happen last summer? This bird was a doctor and all?..a medical doctor? Got to wonder about her empathy when she can carry on like a bellend like this. Oh well karma and all that... its a thing.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Wow Todd that's a hell of lot to have to go through. Wishing you all the very best bud as life starts over once more.
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Crikey. All the best in putting your life back together again Soli. Sounds like you're off to decent start already though. Keep on keeping on man.

Next

Return to General & Real World