London Tower Block 'Major Incident'

Exciting adventures in meat space.
PaladinAl

Re: London Tower Block 'Major Incident'

Postby PaladinAl » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:46 pm

They'll be first up against the wall when the revolution comes, don't worry :wink:
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:05 pm

So anyway to shed some light on this issue from the perspective of a working class Londoner: we all knew something like this would happen, hence the reaction to this. It's been the elephant in the room for the entirety of Boris Johnson's reign since his idea was to gentrify London on the cheap in a sort of weird want to turn London into Los Angeles. And it has worked, I mean we've got the LA violent gang crime now so I guess we can feel good about that. I for one love the moped gangs, they remind me of Akira. Anyway. London has been building pretty much nothing but luxury properties for the past eight years and those are quite often going to foreign investors, mostly from China and Saudi Arabia. They tend to go for different areas, the Saudis tend to stick around Kensington and Mayfair while the Chinese appear to all be in the penthouses near me going towards Chelsea. Said areas have those ghastly social housing high rise tenements which have, frankly, looked like arse for years. No one bloody likes looking at them. You see them sticking out like a sore thumb when you're on the train and all I can think is "thank God I don't live in that human filing cabinet". And this finally became an issue of importance when the big money started rolling in so they put up this cladding that has failed numerous fire safety tests - but it looks good so who gives a shit if some poor people burn, right?

So the years go by, Boris gets ousted but the Tory legacy is still there. More crime on the streets because screw funding safety, right? I live in a gated community and am protected by G4S, why would I care? More people using food banks, more people on the streets, more health and safety violations - but who cares if we're attracting the super rich? Give it ten years we'll be at the Children of Men point of checkpoints. They'll wall off Croydon first I reckon. Or I hope, place is a shithole.
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:55 pm

So wait are you still a white supremacist far righter or not?
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Do you actually have a point to make or are you just going to shirk debate for being an insulting myopic bigot?

Do I have to produce a Powerpoint Presentation for you to be able to understand anything? Christ on a bike.

"White supremacist" yeah sure I'll be thinking of that when I'm talking to one of my oldest mates that is a Muslim. He manages to talk on the level about politics and religion, we even make the odd crusades joke; why can't white middle class straight men like you engage in debate? Are you thick? Like, seriously, I won't hold it against you if you have certain learning difficulties that mean you can't handle opposite opinions, I personally have Aspergers which apparently means I can't deal with empathy; handily I've learned over the years by reading up on philosophy. Maybe you should try reading up on politics and philosophy before insulting someone that has offered a reasonable angle on a pertinent issue in an area about 45 minutes walk from their home, hmm?

EDIT: Also fuck me "white supremacist"? Really? I find some of my economic views align with UKIP and suddenly I'm a jackboot wearing Nazi? Who the fuck do you think you are? Civic nationalist, dickhead, I'm proud of Britain and our wonderful cultures. For me that is Wordsworth, Byron, Shakespeare, Yeats, Kipling, Blake, Burns and Thomas. George Formby. The spirit of Londoners during the Blitz. Being plucky and inventive. Just because you have no identity beyond your middle class faux Yankee consumerism don't bloody well assume I'm some lager swilling yahoo wearing an England shirt frothing at the mouth about "MUH EVIL MUSLIMS" yeah?

EDIT2: Also just realised the stupidity of being called out as a racist by some twat with Jeremy Clarkson as their avatar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:55 pm

PaladinAl wrote:EDIT2: Also just realised the stupidity of being called out as a racist by some twat with Jeremy Clarkson as their avatar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As much as I'd like to stay out of this conversation, I must say that point did raise a chuckle.

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Yeah you go back to finding your psychology diploma and counselor's licence so you can back up your diagnoses of politician's mental problems :wink:
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Keep banter levels within reasonable parameters please chaps.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:08 am

Gee you just know everything about everyone don't you.

And don't blame me if what you write on this forum on the odd occasion you turn up gives people the wrong impression about you :)

and also I just realised the stupidity of being called out on having a Jeremy Clarkson avatar by someone with a crusader as theirs :lol:

Oranje Head

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:14 am

Well I have a Shinigami as my avatar and I swear that if this argument continues in the direction it is heading that you will all be going in my notebook.

You cannot judge someone based on a snapshot of their persona that they show in an online forum. So don't. No calling each other white supremacists or constant references to whatever class you seem to think they fall within that you dislike so much.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:17 am

Damn weebs ¬_¬

Oranje Head

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:22 am

PaladinAl wrote:why can't white middle class straight men like you engage in debate?

Why can't you engage anyone in a debate without resorting to insulting them? I'll happily discuss views that differ wildly from my own, but based on your posts on this forum there's really no point debating anything with you because all you send back is vitriol. Are you just trolling? I really can't tell anymore. If you are then fine, but if you're not then maybe tone things down so people can actually converse with you.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:46 am

Thing is I'm not even on the opposing side, I agree with what he said, I just remember his last visit to the forum had a different tone.

Oranje Head

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:04 am

PaladinAl wrote:Yeah I'm getting somewhat more right wing but I don't care. The actions of the black bloc anarchists in rioting about Trump in the US have made me see certain groups as threats to sovereignty and security. Heck, I'd go as far as saying groups like AntiFa and Black Lives Matter are enemies of the state and should be dealt with accordingly.

I thought the same as Phil I have to say - the comment above would suggest it.

Thank fuck I just have a black metal avatar though, although, erm, does that mean I burn churches? :lol:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Eny

Postby Eny » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Four candles.... ¬_¬
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Previous

Return to General & Real World