Westminster attack

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Jez

Re: Westminster attack

Postby Jez » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Coincidence had me in the place where the soldier Lee Rigby was killed on Monday.

I might be getting the news wrong but was the stabbing incident separate to the car crashing thing on the bridge or were they the same thing?

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:18 pm

The car looks to be driven by the attacker who then managed to leg it to parliament.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:18 pm

The same thing I think. The driver came in across the bridge, hit a few people and then crashed into the fence surrounding Westminster before trying to run through security with a knife.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Jez wrote:Coincidence had me in the place where the soldier Lee Rigby was killed on Monday.

I might be getting the news wrong but was the stabbing incident separate to the car crashing thing on the bridge or were they the same thing?

Same thing, Jez. He drove along the bridge hitting pedestrians, stopped outside Parliament and run up to a police officer and stabbed him. Was shot as he approached a second officer.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:56 pm

I'd imagine he will be one of the dead then. Can't secure against this kind of thing sadly. Sounds like a random nutter.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Jez wrote:I'd imagine he will be one of the dead then. Can't secure against this kind of thing sadly. Sounds like a random nutter.

Yup, four dead now, the attacker, the police officer and two civilians.
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 am

Ramming a vehicle into a group of people seems to be the new thing. Fuck, how do you counter that?

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:00 am

Bollards. Trees. Bins. Etc anything to break up the pavement areas.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:53 am

Hey chaps. Awful day yesterday my thoughts go out to all of those who were involved.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Attacker has been identified:

3.33pm 15:33

Khalid Masood was known to police but not subject of surveillance
Masood, aged 52, was born in Kent and detectives believe he was most recently living in the West Midlands. Masood was also known by a number of aliases, police said in a statement

Scotland Yard said Masood was not the subject of any current investigations and there was no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terrorist attack.

However, he was known to police and has a range of previous convictions for assaults, including GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences.

His first conviction was in November 1983 for criminal damage and his last conviction was in December 2003 for possession of a knife.

He has not been convicted for any terrorism offences.

Anyone with any information about Masood can call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline 0800 789 321.

3.29pm 15:29

Westminster attacker named as Khalid Masood
Police have named the attacker as Khalid Masood. He was 52, born in Kent and detectives believe he was most recently living in the West Midlands.

Have seen headlines relating to the victims, but can't bring myself to read the full stories, it's just gut-wrenching. Husband of an American couple taking their dream holiday to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary, young mum of two out doing the school run... I just can't even.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Random nutter Edwin really despite the "claim" of the atrocity by the isis fuckwits.

Shame he didn't live, sucking veg soup in a max security prison while shitting himself for 3rd time that day.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:58 pm

ISIS claiming responsibility for the attack if true just proves what true cowards they actually are. Running people over in a car on a fucking bridge. Spineless.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah. I agree. The aim is to destabilise things to the point where we attack people of race and religion so further attacks they commit are justified.

That makes life difficult because the general way around bullies is to not rise to it. But don't do anything you look to not care, do something about you look like an asshole in someone's eyes and the cycle repeat.

Don't rise to it I say. It's not worth it.

Ps. I don't wish to make this a debate so let me know and I'll take this off if you want.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:15 pm

My understanding is that ISIS aren't directly responsible in the sense that they didn't order the attack, but the culprit was a follower of their extremism who took it upon himself to act. Nothing has been confirmed yet but that's one of the explanations I saw reported earlier.

Regardless, I agree with Rossell, letting this incident wind us up and fuel the hatred simmering under the surface of many in this country towards Muslim's is a mistake. It's a tragedy for sure, but we can't allow it to contribute to the right wing agenda of particular characters. I saw a quote from Farage on US TV (could have been radio) earlier saying that this was an example of why Trump's Muslim ban is a good thing, completely ignoring the fact that the guy who did this was born in Kent and is a UK national.

Anybody who abhors this kind of awful violence should stand together, regardless of nationality or gender.

Eny

Postby Eny » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 pm

This guy was a British national, with a history of violent behaviour, a hater first and foremost. What ideology he framed that with is immaterial, he was a malevolent soul and acted accordingly, loosely associated, just like the majority of ISIS sympathisers, to extremist views. There are white Brits who wish the same on sections of our society just as much.

If you aren't for love, you are part of the problem against it.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World