Christmas is Awesome

Exciting adventures in meat space.
PaladinAl

Re: Christmas is Awesome

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:39 pm

At least Enya plays her actual songs when she appears live :wink:

I bet she'd even turn up on time for an award!

Also the Lidl fancy Stilton in a little cute pot is amazing. Just had some with some pickled onions to help the first whiskeys go down. Lovely.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

katarn

Postby katarn » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:19 pm

I hope everyone's christmas preparations are going well. I've got all my pressies wrapped and ready, although I have a touch of the lurgy developing at the moment which isn't great timing. I wouldn't describe myself as a christmassy person in general, but I try to always make the minimum effort for smooth festivities.

Anyway, a song from Chewie to see you on your merry way:

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:16 pm

I've had the worst cough for the last week or so, glands in my throat are swollen and it kinda hurts to swallow. Might go to the docs if it carries on. Still, not dampening my spirits. Got an immense amount of snack food for the weekend. Also well looking forward to presents mostly because I know mum got me Akira on blu-ray and I've not seen that film in years.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:52 am

Tesco's was mental at 7.00 this morning. By 12.00 there'll be fist-fights in the aisles over the last bag of sprouts. it's one day ffs. :lol:
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:56 am

Dr@gon-UK wrote:Tesco's was mental at 7.00 this morning. By 12.00 there'll be fist-fights in the aisles over the last bag of sprouts. it's one day ffs. :lol:

We did it all online this year and had our stuff delivered a few days ago. Did the Christmas madness in a supermarket once, never again.
My face is tired.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:41 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Dr@gon-UK wrote:Tesco's was mental at 7.00 this morning. By 12.00 there'll be fist-fights in the aisles over the last bag of sprouts. it's one day ffs. :lol:

We did it all online this year and had our stuff delivered a few days ago. Did the Christmas madness in a supermarket once, never again.

Same here mate, online ftw. I only went down for fresh bread and compulsory Xmas morning croissants.
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:12 am

We have new polish neighbours who bought the house next door so as you can imagine we've put up with weeks of constant banging and drilling etc due to the house needing to be completely redone after falling into a state of major disrepair over the last 14 years with its previous single owner. Now a few nights ago it got to about 10:45pm and they were so damn noisy just two days after moving in I kinda admittedly and somewhat shamefully lost my shit and went banging on their door and asked the barely speaking english woman to please stop all the noise, we've had enough. Feeling rather justified I walked away and didn't think on it too much.

Anyway coming home from school yesterday I noticed they had placed a solitary shiny star on the small tree outside their new english home and if I didn't already regret my late night temper tantrum I felt like a right Edwin walking past it right then. This family has just moved into this country with two small children, barely speak any english and there's me giving them the welcome from hell just because they are still settling in.

Upon seeing that single star and what it represents I immediately diverted from my own path and gave a gentle knock on their door, the grandma soon answered (I don't know why polish always move in their grandmas but this is the third polish family moved in round here with grandma in tow) and as our eyes met I did my very best with my friendliest possible Dave voice to apologise for going off on the mother the night before. As per she got the youngest lad from the polish family who seemingly always speaks fucking perfect english to translate everything I had said and she just gave me the sweetest smile and simply said "Merry Christmas, it's ok - we are sorry too". It was then I realised although the house has been nicely refurbished within compared to the shit hole it was previously they literally have fuck all furniture or well anything in there whatsoever right now, just a few bean bags to sit on thrown around the living room.

Anyway I just woke up not long ago and found not one but two new Christmas cards pushed through the letterbox and what do you know it's only Christmas best wishes from the new polish neighbours and not only that but the other card is from yet another nearby polish family we've barely even spoken to since they moved in some three years ago from further up the street...

Christmas man. You gotta love it.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Nope, a bit of Frank Sinatra is where it's at

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Currently munching crispy bacon off the top of the turkey, heartburn has never been SO worth it. \:D/

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Prey, please tell that little Polish chaps name was Tiny Timski and he had a crutch and spoke with a cockney accent...

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Working my way through a bottle vodka streaming wow doing mythics plus as tank and getting ready for the kdis up tomororow for there pressies then sleep!
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Prey's story is more a tale of how you should just generally not be a dick to your neighbours more so than anything else. Christmas or not. :P

Our family has a tradition of getting takeaway on Christmas Eve. It was to be Dominos this year. Stuffed and enjoying a nice bottle of red now.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:32 am

End of an Era

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:28 am

Happy Christmas Preys people. At work today, but its going to be a quiet one. Then christmas dinner with parents tonight.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:22 am

Indeed Happy Xmas All. I have to supervise the opening of the world's supply of oil turned to plastic in 5 mins. I hear little feet getting up.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World