Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016

Postby Raid » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:48 am

The Amazon Logistics drivers are pretty good where I live; they always deliver to our shed as requested (for which they have to go through our full-height, unlocked garden gate) when we don't answer the door. Yes, the variance in delivery times can be a little annoying, but isn't that the same with every low-end courier?

Eny

Postby Eny » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Quietman wrote:So Amazon have decided to present all their deals in a grid, even the timed ones, meaning that easily seeing what was coming up and what is on sale RIGHT NOW is so much more difficult.

Fucking Amazon, love the site but god their design is awful.

You can select 'active' in the 'availability' group, on the left hand menu, to filter out everything else.

I too rarely have a problem with Amazon Logistics - I actually prefer them to Yodel and Hermes, who always seem to have problems finding (read 'not even bothering to attempt to deliver to') my address. Logistics almost always deliver in the mid-late afternoon, and on a weekend too, even when I use super-saver delivery.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:17 am

Amazon are always fine with me too - granted their delivery drivers do tend to ring the doorbell then immediately head off to put the parcel behind our wheeliebin without waiting for anyone to answer, but they tend to be decent.

I have bought some fripperies this year, an echo and dot for my increasingly smart-house, as well as Phillips Hue lighting which is just lovely, if insanely expensive for coloured lighting!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:59 am

I take it you're aware that the Echo devices can control your Hue lighting? Being able to command your living room to turn the lights on makes you feel like you're living on a starship.

At present though the control is limited as Alexa can't control individual lights and it can't set colours. You can set some colour schemes up ahead of time using the Yonomi skill, and use the command "Alexa activate [scheme name]". This will be easier when Amazon UK sort out the IFTTT support.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:56 pm

I've rarely had an issue with Amazon Logistics, had two parcels go missing, but both times have had them replaced or refunded.

Grabbed myself an Xbox One S with Forza Horizon 3, Fifa 17 and Tomb Raider as a Christmas present. Also picked up the Master Chief Collection for around £4 from CD Keys to go with it. Something to look forward to on Christmas Day.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Previous

Return to General & Real World