Tanks great collection of wonderful!

Exciting adventures in meat space.
arqueturus

Re: Tanks great collection of wonderful!

Postby arqueturus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Prey wrote:That Dredd is amazing. Jelly.

Do you have anything else or are considering buying anything else from the 2000AD camp at all? Rogue? ABC? Slaine? Etc? Always wanted a Joe Pineapples myself...

Ooo, is that a Simon Bisley Joe Pineapples? Loved his ABC Warriors.

Tank

Postby Tank » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Prey wrote:That Dredd is amazing. Jelly.

Do you have anything else or are considering buying anything else from the 2000AD camp at all? Rogue? ABC? Slaine? Etc? Always wanted a Joe Pineapples myself...

Truth told Dave as much as I adored 2000AD and its menagerie of maniacs, I have only really ever collected Dredd stuff. That being said, 3A have hinted at a 1/6 scale Strontium Dog which I would not say no to have on my shelf.

Jez wrote:You being fan tank you must have some jaws stuff eh?

I do indeed my boy. Jaws "stuff" is in relative short supply though truth told. There are some beautiful maquettes available but they are well into 4 figures and feel a bit flat for my liking. These though, whilst being painfully "cool retro", I can on this occasion make an exception.

Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Tank

Postby Tank » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:48 pm

A double feature tonight folks. This piece is one I have wanted since 2003 (I saw it on play.com of all bloody places). Finally got it and its beyond beautiful. The sculpt is perfect and the pose is incredible. Top drawer stuff the whole way.

Art Asylum / Diamond Select "The Thing" - This Man, This Monster... (1/6 Scale give or take)

Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Tank

Postby Tank » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Also, just a little look at the collection of wonderful so far...

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 pm

Indiana Jones one looks good.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri May 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Some new pieces...

NECA Aliens 1/4 Alien Warrior

Just over 2ft tall for those curious.

3A Judge Dredd and Lawmaster

Hot Toys WW2 Captain America (Rescue Version)

Mezco Lawmaster and Dredd

Judge Dredd Resin Model Kit

As a side note this model kit was released onto the Garage kit scene in 2014. Finding the kit is hard enough and it was always one of those items where I thought "one day...maybe". However, I recently found a guy selling this kit both constructed and painted to an incredible high standard. Turns out he used to work for BBCs model making department. Best part was it cost me half what the kit would have cost. What a bargain and what a beautiful piece. One of a kind too in terms of its paint job.

Captain America Shield and Stormtrooper Helmet

Hot Toys Sandtrooper

Hot Toys Scout Trooper

Tank

Postby Tank » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Is that a bear's arse under there or something :)

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Jez wrote:Is that a bear's arse under there or something :)

Kinda looks like Tank just sniffed one. Which, admittedly, is pretty much what I think most Dredd artists are going for.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:28 pm

A few lovely bits and pieces for the collection. Still being in not fit shape to work my collecting has sadly had to simmer down for a while, but its still a great passion for me and even when not adding to the "hoard" whats here really makes me smile. When I was younger Dredd stuff was so hard to find and even then it was nothing like this. Even today its not easy to find but what can be found it beautiful. I haven't done much in 2017 but adding a Judges Helmet, Mk 1 Lawgiver and Dredd Uniform Badge to my shelves has still felt like a great achievement to me.

The 12 year old version of me would be chuffed to bits.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Wow, that lawgiver, nice. I used to spend ages drawing lawgivers from 200AD all over my school books.

Previous

Return to General & Real World