Come and play fantasy football with me!

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Sly Boots
MILF

Come and play fantasy football with me!

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:03 am

I hope it's ok to post this here, just wanted to try and drum up a bit more interest as I don't think the sports sub-forum gets a lot of traffic these days. This can be deleted, archived or whatever in a couple of weeks if it's a bother :)

Anyway, come play fantasy football! Quite a few peeps from here did so last season, and there's two weeks to enter a team for this year's competition. Even if you know nothing about fitba you can just ask the site to auto-select everything for you.

And at this point you're practically guaranteed a podium finish :lol:

Details here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31338
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Come and play fantasy football with me!

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:06 am

Literally no-one? :cry:
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:57 am

I'll probably build a team at some point this week. The little things they keep adding to the Official Premier League one are slowly killing any enjoyment I get out of it. I got screwed over by the stupid triple captain this year and the more stuff they add like that the more they make it about luck and the less appealing it is to me.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

katarn

Postby katarn » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:47 pm

Yeah, sorry. I don't really follow the PL anywhere near as much as I did 3 or 4 years ago. There was a time when I could genuinely make some informed decisions with a fantasy team, which made it more engaging to play. But I'm a bit too far out the loop these days.

Although, if you ran a basic weekly score predictor (like we used to do on the old PCG/CVG forum, with Lawro's predictions along side them, geez remember that?) I'd probably bung in a post each week and take part. It's a much simpler proposition. But I don't really fancy running it myself.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:57 pm

I don't even have the staying power to take part in one of those all season long, let alone organise it :lol:
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Holy shit, I just went and found that Euro 2012 Score Predictor I ran for the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29101

How awesome was that forum competition? Probably one of my finest moments on PW. I'm pretty amazing when I put my mind to it.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Maybe I could organise a prize as an incentive here for whoever wins the league? Or, as there are people from another forum I post on, whoever finishes top out of the PWF posters taking part?

Given that it would be next May it's hard to know (game-wise) what might be appealing, but potentially something like buying a £10 Steam game of the winner's choice and gifting it to them?
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:51 pm

I will try to remember to do this tomorrow at work mate.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:43 pm

Ok, I'm going on hols tomorrow and won't be back until the season has already started - so this is the last reminder!

One more week to add a team for those who intend to (and the more the merrier, really, makes it more fun for everyone else if there's more people to compete against), after that you'll miss the first week of points.

11am 13th August is the deadline for entries!
My face is tired.

Return to General & Real World