Trump

Exciting adventures in meat space.
User avatar
Sly Boots
MILF
 
Posts: 12577
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: Trump

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:33 pm

eVoL wrote:This might be the best thing yet!

"Apparently sick of what he refers to as the 'Fake News' media, Donald Trump has set up as a 'real news' show to list his achievements as president. The show, hosted on Facebook, is fronted by Mr Trump's daughter-in-law, Lara Trump."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08 ... -law-list/


Welcome to North Kor-... I mean, America.
My face is tired.

User avatar
Sly Boots
MILF
 
Posts: 12577
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: Trump

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Transcripts of Trump's conversations with the Mexican and Australian prime ministers:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 68375ca5e4

Some of that is frankly incredible.
My face is tired.

User avatar
PaladinAl
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: London

Re: Trump

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:25 pm

What's awkward is I pretty much 100% agree with his fiscal policies. Also not really wrong to say that majority of really harmful drugs are coming in from Mexican cartels. I mean, the epidemic of heroin is mostly black tar stuff made in Mexico (I think, research was done ages ago) and narcoterrorism is A Thing whether we wish to believe it or not. Don't think it's criminal gangs truly orchestrating it, I figure it's some bourgeois shady types of the deep state kind that allow it to happen because it's easier than outright coming and killing us poor folk when we'll happily do it ourselves with our drugs. I mean, parts of London are rife with gangs selling drugs; Croydon and East London around Bermondsey spring to mind. Used to be really bad in this area. Also: Reagan totally caused the crack epidemic so no one tell me to go don my tinfoil hat :P

Enrique, you and I have to knock it out – you and I have to knock the hell out of them. Listen, I know how tough these guys are – our military will knock them out like you never thought of, we will work to help you knock them out because your country does not want that. Your citizens are being killed all over the place, your police officers are being shot in the head, and your children are being killed. And we will knock them out.


We feel fear when people speak with such passion however with all the problems in the world I sort of think he's got the right idea. I mean, he was instrumental in the urban renewal of New York in the late 70s and early 80s so he's not thick - it's an act. Seen it all before with GW Bush Jr and Boris Johnson. Heck, BoJo is the master of it the lying snake. And look what it did to London, people voting him in thinking he's down with the common man when he's a Bullingdon Club fop like most Tories.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

User avatar
Snowy
Metal as Fuck
 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:41 pm
Location: Ballhang

Re: Trump

Postby Snowy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Sorry Al, Trump is mad as a march hare!
Image
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

User avatar
PaladinAl
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: London

Re: Trump

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:53 pm

Yeah and you claim to be liberal while making light of mental health issues to insult someone you disagree with. Honestly bloody tired of that considering I have Asperger's and depresson and anxiety disorder to see people go "DURRR TRUMP IS A MENTAL I DON'T LIKE MENTALS by the way I'm totally not a bigot unlike Trump" :lol:

Now hold still while I grab you by the pussy.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

User avatar
Raid
Duke of Preys-World
 
Posts: 24833
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:48 pm
Location: Ding!

Re: Trump

Postby Raid » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:24 pm

PaladinAl wrote:BoJo is the master of it the lying snake. And look what it did to London, people voting him in thinking he's down with the common man

I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever have considered Boris Johnson a man of the people; he had some popularity from Have I Got News For You perhaps, but he's never been anything but a toff.

And regardless of how you express it, I genuinely believe Trump has psychiatric issues. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a real illness, and I absolutely do not think he should be President of the United States.

User avatar
PaladinAl
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: London

Re: Trump

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Raid wrote:
PaladinAl wrote:BoJo is the master of it the lying snake. And look what it did to London, people voting him in thinking he's down with the common man

I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever have considered Boris Johnson a man of the people; he had some popularity from Have I Got News For You perhaps, but he's never been anything but a toff.

And regardless of how you express it, I genuinely believe Trump has psychiatric issues. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a real illness, and I absolutely do not think he should be President of the United States.


Yeah? Where does that stop with how you view people such as myself with psychiatric issues? Should I be forcibly unemployed? Or just not a "leader"? Could I be a manager or do you view our kind to be so subhuman you would wish us paraded in zoos?

Bloody love how the current political climate is exposing just how underhandedly bigoted the middle classes of Britain are :lol:

It's also darling how none of your lot can make a point, just insult the guy by making up medical conditions because you don't like him. Just... Jog on. Stick to going on your long haul holidays to third world countries where you pretend to be all cultured while living like a king for a pittance due to exploitation.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

User avatar
Raid
Duke of Preys-World
 
Posts: 24833
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:48 pm
Location: Ding!

Re: Trump

Postby Raid » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:10 pm

PaladinAl wrote:Yeah? Where does that stop with how you view people such as myself with psychiatric issues? Should I be forcibly unemployed? Or just not a "leader"? Could I be a manager or do you view our kind to be so subhuman you would wish us paraded in zoos?

Look, you're not the only one with anxiety and depression issues; I haven't been able to work for the last ten months because of them. Perhaps you ought to think about whether every person on this forum is actually out to attack you, because I'm sure as hell not.

If you genuinely think me a bigot for this, so be it, but NPD can affect your decision making process. In Trump's case, I think it presents as paranoia. I don't think extreme narcissism and paranoia are good qualities for the commander of one of the most powerful militaries on earth, and that is why I think he is an unsuitable man to be president. This is not some tirade against the mentally ill.

User avatar
Mantis
Admin
 
Posts: 26685
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:53 pm
Location: Nobody's Here

Re: Trump

Postby Mantis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:15 pm

It's not a matter of barring people from positions of power if they have mental health issues. Regardless of whatever narcissistic tendancies he may have, the guy is quite clearly not suited for being the leader of a world superpower. Call it a mental illness if you like, I think it's more the case that he simply doesn't have the intellectual prowess to apply the art of statesmanship and be a good leader.

User avatar
Snowy
Metal as Fuck
 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:41 pm
Location: Ballhang

Re: Trump

Postby Snowy » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:12 am

PaladinAl wrote:Yeah and you claim to be liberal while making light of mental health issues to insult someone you disagree with. Honestly bloody tired of that considering I have Asperger's and depresson and anxiety disorder to see people go "DURRR TRUMP IS A MENTAL I DON'T LIKE MENTALS by the way I'm totally not a bigot unlike Trump" :lol:

Now hold still while I grab you by the pussy.


So a little bit about me. My wife is a psychiatric nurse of 30 years experience, and my best friend has borderline personality disorder which is destroying his life, causing him to self-harm and on two occasions now attempt suicide. Being his friend is extremely hard these days due to the disorder, but I am happy to just give and let him take because I understand that he is unwell and needs my help and support. I have first and third hand experience of just how significant mental health issues are, and I do not and would not make light of them nor belittle them.

That is different though to looking at someone and identifying that they have mental health issues. In my view, Trump categorically does.
Image
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

User avatar
Wrathbone
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: Back in Lancaster, NOT THE HOME OF HARIBO!

Re: Trump

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:54 am

Nobody here is mocking or belittling mental health, nor do I think anyone here ever would. I've mentioned before on this forum that I have anxiety and this is one of the few places on the internet or in the real world where I feel completely at ease saying that. The suggestion that anyone here would use an off-hand comment to insult mental health issues rings entirely false.

Putting that aside, mental health issues or not, many of Trump's actions and decisions are bewildering. Taking that transcript as an example, he asks the Mexican PM to stop saying his country won't pay for the wall because he [Trump] wants a better negotiating position. Does that even need elaboration? Isn't it self-evident how laughable and ridiculous his expectations are?
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

User avatar
Animalmother
 
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:46 pm

Re: Trump

Postby Animalmother » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:14 am

Trump is taking a well earned 17 day holiday, the 5th or 6th break he's had in the past 6 months. Being the best must be exhausting. Maybe he's hoping the whole Russian investigation will blow over by the time he comes back.

User avatar
katarn
 
Posts: 8571
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:44 pm

Re: Trump

Postby katarn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Gotta maintain his golf handicap some way. You spend too long between sessions and it quickly goes south.

User avatar
Achtung Englander
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:29 am
Location: Dodi dodi di-do

Re: Trump

Postby Achtung Englander » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:51 am

Raid wrote:
PaladinAl wrote:, but NPD can affect your decision making process. .


I had to do a double take on that Paly mate - I work for a company called The NPD Group :lol:
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO) / Rochard / RTW 2

User avatar
Achtung Englander
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:29 am
Location: Dodi dodi di-do

Re: Trump

Postby Achtung Englander » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:04 am

Wrathbone wrote:Nobody here is mocking or belittling mental health, nor do I think anyone here ever would. I've mentioned before on this forum that I have anxiety and this is one of the few places on the internet or in the real world where I feel completely at ease saying that. The suggestion that anyone here would use an off-hand comment to insult mental health issues rings entirely false.

Putting that aside, mental health issues or not, many of Trump's actions and decisions are bewildering. Taking that transcript as an example, he asks the Mexican PM to stop saying his country won't pay for the wall because he [Trump] wants a better negotiating position. Does that even need elaboration? Isn't it self-evident how laughable and ridiculous his expectations are?


Being that Trump has prided himself as being a top negotiator and a deal maker, it is not quite bearing fruit in politics. In business you can strike deals very easily if both sides want to make money and there is not a zero sum gain for either side. In politics you need to win hearts and minds through ideas and persuasion of argument, either through history, facts or from the power of an opinion. Trump is lacking in making ground because it seems he does not really believe in anything nor has he the compulsion to argue a case to its completion. Trump supporters are confusing belligerent with competence. He claims all mainstream media is fake because it does suit his agenda, but when he wants the media to help him win a case,they ofcourse are not there, and besides making enemies with the media as a politician is the biggest mistake you can make because that is the one institution (bar the Judicial) that can fight back effectively.

In his first 6 months Trump cannot be called a terrible President or a great President because in 6 months he has quite literally done....nothing.
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO) / Rochard / RTW 2

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Snowy and 4 guests