Trump

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Achtung Englander

Trump

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:44 am

OK we need to address this. I confess I really used to like Trump. In the first set of seasons of The Apprentice when it was with normal people Trump actually made some good sense. Although he inherited his millions, he kept on persevering through numerous failed businesses and bankruptcies. His advice was bombastic but a lot made sense.

In the last 3 years I have changed my mind about this guy. He is lost in his own mindset of how important he is. His ego is now taking over every aspect of his personality and running for President he has come out with some outrageous statements to shock and stir the establishment and to appeal to the base sentiments of grass root republicanism.

His latest indignation is a request to Russian secret service to actively hack Clinton's emails. This is from the man who wants to seek the highest office in the Western world and who could be in command of over 20,000 nuclear missiles and have the capability to end the planet as we know it. The joke is now getting serious and I think the laughing has to stop.

We need to talk about Trump.
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO)

Subway Diet

Re: Trump

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:44 am

What can we do?
We can talk about how he's utterly dreadful. That's about it.

Already seen how the "decent, honest working man" can screw a country over out of spite once this year. It seems America has more than enough alienated, angry people who are willing to vote for this guy for no other reason that him pandering to their fears.
End of an Era

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:14 am

To be fair, hacking the Clinton's emails turned up a lot of corruption. But fuck that, #firstwomanpresident is more important.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:35 am

He's living proof that if you shout something loud enough, no matter how stupid or incorrect it may be, many people will start to believe you and drown out everything else. If anyone still doubts that he could actually win, remind yourself that George W. Bush won two elections. And for the people thinking, "yeah, but even if he wins he won't be able to enact half of his crackpot plans", he will still cripple the country trying. This is an incompetent, reprehensible man with an agenda that is as un-ironically close to Team America as is possible. If he wins, the world will be irreparably fucked.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:30 am

Oh he's going to win, in our bubble in the UK we don't quite get how unlikable Hillary Clinton is with a lot of Americans.

We have had years of the media telling us our opinions matter, so much so that nobody is willing to listen to reason anymore and thinks that their opinion is right no mater what evidence is provided to the contrary.

I don't think Trump is as crazy as he makes out though, he is just saying a lot of it because he wants to be President and thinks this is the best way to go about winning. He is also much cleverer than Bush and once in power I expect him to temper his rhetoric and come up with more sane policies. Also just be glad he beat Cruz to the nomination because if you think Trump would be bad, Cruz would have been a lot worse as he actually believes everything he says.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:58 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:I don't think Trump is as crazy as he makes out though, he is just saying a lot of it because he wants to be President and thinks this is the best way to go about winning. He is also much cleverer than Bush and once in power I expect him to temper his rhetoric and come up with more sane policies.

This is possibly the most depressing point, and it was true with Brexit too: that being 'plain-spoken' (but actually just spouting BS loudly) is an effective way to gain popularity and momentum. I'm not sure I believe he's cleverer than Bush, though, as the majority of his business endeavours have been catastrophic failures. He tends to blame-shift these failures or deny them entirely - in fact he's taken brazen lying in the face of plain facts to a whole new level. Maybe he even believes some of what he says. Perhaps he'll get to the end of his term, watch the country around him burning to the ground and declare it a glorious success with full conviction.

Also on the subject of Bush, he was pretty much a figurehead with a team of people around him who effectively ran the country. Trump will get stuck in, which is not good. I can't imagine him taking much salient advice from people who know what they're talking about if he gets an idea of his own and runs with it.

Photos!

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:53 am

actually I get the impression he is not really interested in the job because so far we have had zero talk on policy. I mean zero...except maybe that fact he is gunning to bomb Iran. He has a lot of rhetoric - America, Great, Wall and Great (again) being his key words but he not mentioned anything in the way of actual policy

It will all boil down to those 3 presidential debates when Clinton and Trump go head to head. Trump may even win by default with pissed off Democrats not turning up to vote because of Saunders and the fact their candidate was jilted by the party process

Politics here and there has never felt so divided with the fringes and the crazies now feeling bombastic because they have a mouthpiece in mainstream politics.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:49 am

Oh, he has some policies, it's just that they're the sort of simplistic nonsense that a child might come up with, only without the whimsical idealism. From the horse's mouth:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Photos!

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:58 am

so far most of those policies indicate taking money from the poor to the rich. I only read 2

mexico wall - stopping personal wire transfers or deducting an amount from transfers. Nice one there Mr. so called Billionaire, making those at the bottom rung of society even poorer

obamacare - scrap it and replace it with....nothing, just more freedoms for insurance companies. How compassionate

You know what if the Americans vote for him - good luck - it's their country and they have no one to blame except themselves when it all goes tits up

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:12 am

The most astounding line I read was under second amendment rights:

The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own.

:shock:

Photos!

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:21 am

If Trump believes giving everyone guns levels the playing field and to defend themselves from those who will do them harm, than what is the Trump justification from taking Iran's right to have the biggest gun of them all. Surely they are levelling that playing field with Israel which is rumoured to have over 400 nuclear missiles - enough to destroy the middle east 10 times over (including themselves btw !)

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:56 am

Achtung Englander wrote:If Trump believes giving everyone guns levels the playing field and to defend themselves from those who will do them harm, than what is the Trump justification from taking Iran's right to have the biggest gun of them all. Surely they are levelling that playing field with Israel which is rumoured to have over 400 nuclear missiles - enough to destroy the middle east 10 times over (including themselves btw !)

Cant argue with any off that.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:23 pm

I honestly don't even care anymore. If he becomes president I'm sure America will go to shit, but the world will keep spinning.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:18 pm

If he does become president and decides to invade somewhere, he'll have to do it alone as no-one in Europe will join in this time. He might even have a job getting his own military to back him.

In the meantime there's still a sliver of hope he won't get elected.

JasonHimm

Postby JasonHimm » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:20 pm

I won't vote for him. I think he's a flipping moron and I can't wait for him to just go away.

Next

Return to General & Real World