Trump

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Subway Diet

Re: Trump

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:30 am

They shouldn't worry. Trump is here so he can start winning wars again! :roll:

Sure, NK will try and destroy as much of Asia as it can a it thrashes about, but so long as the Americans win, it's all good.
End of an Era

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:34 am

Even my Trump bingo card doesn't have "start a nuclear war within 3 months". :?
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Kim Jong-Un's missiles are all bits of painted wood with bendy bits and are all clearly a fake show of force because he is actually shitting his pants. According to the worlds press that is.

But what if they are not?

Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:41 am

I think the chances of them having a missile that could reliably reach the US are slim, but to hit South Korea all they need is a catapult. They apparently have working nuclear devices (less powerful than the ones dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but still... nuclear), so the immediate threat if the US does something rash is that Seoul and the US bases in SK will get severely hit while Kim Jong-Un goes to his bunker and waits out the reprisal.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 am

I wonder if there would be a nuclear reprisal. I could imagine the US sending in massive air and ground forces possibly even alongside the Chinese and other south east asian forces. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:53 am

Prey wrote:Kim Jong-Un's missiles are all bits of painted wood with bendy bits and are all clearly a fake show of force because he is actually shitting his pants. According to the worlds press that is.

But what if they are not?

Obviously we only get what we're told, but I think it's safe to say that North Korea will be under the most intense surveillance by a number of major powers. We probably know what's going on better than their politicians do.

And no, I doubt we'd ever need to resort to nuclear attacks ourselves; the civilian casualties would be too high and frankly I doubt we'd need anything more than a handful of smart bombs to knock out any major threats.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:48 am

All parties involved need to obviously seriously exercise some restraint before it all goes too far and there's no turning back. Right now it's all playground inspired pre-bragging rights prior to any actual actions being taken directly.

A top-ranking U.S. military official on the Korean peninsula said the biggest concern is that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will "miscalculate" his chances of winning any military fight against the U.S. and its ally, South Korea.

“Our biggest concern is that he's going to miscalculate. That's always our concern,” Lt. Gen. Thomas W. Bergeson, the number two U.S. military officer in South Korea told ABC News’ Martha Raddatz on "This Week" Sunday.

“We want to make it crystal clear to the North Koreans' leadership that this would be a completely futile endeavor were he to challenge this strong, ironclad bilateral alliance,” Bergeson said in an interview at the U.S. Osan Air Base in South Korea.

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biggest- ... d=46826814
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:40 pm

I get the feeling the biggest threat would be the competition between the US, Russia and China as to who gets to go in and level the place.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Dunno tough fight that one on a conventional basis. Million odd troops. Even a battle hardened US after ww2 struggled during the Korean war. Not sure the queue for that one is particularly long.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:28 pm

I suspect we wouldn't be putting boots on the ground, at least not until the military infrastructure was blown to hell. As far as I'm aware North Korea relies on outdated and poorly maintained Soviet era technology that a careful US or Russia would just steamroller.

The trouble really is that it'd be a humanitarian crisis. We'd undoubtedly make taking out the leadership a priority, and one they're dealt with, there are 24 million North Koreans who may wish to escape their abject poverty.

Eny

Postby Eny » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:51 pm

24 million BRAINWASHED North Koreans...no less.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:54 pm

I'd imagine a swift reunification and period of rebuilding and repurposing would take place. It sounds really awful and I baulk at saying it, but a war to reunify that peninsula is probably a good thing. South would gain cheap labour and raw industry the north gets brought into the 21st century. Now the question is whether China would let any of that happen.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 pm

I think China are getting a bit fed up of NK themselves tbh.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:07 pm

in that I agree - I am sure deep down China wouldn't mind finishing with NK once and for all. China ideologically are not with NK. What they are scared of is millions of NK refugees flooding into their borders - maybe like the whole country.

At the end of the day China had years to figure out that fucking country and they just left it. They need to sort it out more so then America because any war in that region will completely fuck up their economy and a collapsed economy usually results with a civil war.

The world now has never been in need on a hot line since 1984. I would not say we are on the verge of the first use of a nuclear weapon since 1945 but we are definitely heading in that direction

2017 may go down in the history books as the year it all came to boil

and you cannot blame this on Obama as much as Trump would like to do.

Put yourself as President. Really - what would you do ?. That fat fuck in NK is several plates short of a dining set.

This really should be a UN issue. In fact where the fuck is the UN. What a fucking useless organisation
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Saints Row 3 / Valiant Hearts (XBO) / Rochard / RTW 2

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Trump has also endorsed Erdogan's dictatorship of Turkey while every other rational leader has condemned it. Funny how history just keeps repeating itself.

I could see China launching a few cruise missiles at NK if they think shit will get out of hand. They could probably squish the NK army in no time.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World