Politics 101

Exciting adventures in meat space.
User avatar
PaladinAl
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: London

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:20 am

You know how some people on Reddit wish for a ban on linking to articles by the Daily Mail for their "biased journalism"*? I don't feel that way about links to the Guardian even if it's beneath toilet paper because at the end of the day, I relish differing opinions. Even those from the odious fairy Owen Jones. Heck, I especially love a good bit of OJ, he's hilarious these days. I bet he'd mellow the fuck out if he could just get a decent working class boyfriend like me :lol:

*all journalism is biased, it's part of the nature of it, they're writing to persuade rather than inform most of the time
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

User avatar
Raid
Duke of Preys-World
 
Posts: 25007
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:48 pm
Location: Ding!

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby Raid » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:14 pm

PaladinAl wrote:, I relish differing opinions. Even those from the odious fairy Owen Jones

I don't know much about Owen Jones, but unless there's a reason you're using the term "fairy" other than as a general homophobic slur, you're not exactly helping people to see your side of your argument.

User avatar
PaladinAl
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:33 pm
Location: London

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:22 pm

Raid wrote:
PaladinAl wrote:, I relish differing opinions. Even those from the odious fairy Owen Jones

I don't know much about Owen Jones, but unless there's a reason you're using the term "fairy" other than as a general homophobic slur, you're not exactly helping people to see your side of your argument.


I'm bisexual and I'll use whatever term to describe him as I like, thanks. Am I going to be accused of homophobia if I refer to him as a traitor to the queer community as well - which he is?

He's a hypocrite that has a secret hate-boner for the working class and he silences opinions he disagrees with.

Oh and I've read one of his books (Chavs) and have another ready on my shelf (The Establishment) so I'm definitely in a position to criticise him. If anything you shouldn't be "seeing my side of the argument" but rather accepting new information that clearly passed under your radar.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

User avatar
DjchunKfunK
 
Posts: 24231
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:52 pm

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Just because you are bisexual doesn't mean you are free to use on this forum what is widely regarded as a homophobic slur mate. You can get your point across without having to resort to that kind of language.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

User avatar
DjchunKfunK
 
Posts: 24231
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:52 pm

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Lots of 'Have Cake and Eat It' stuff coming from May in this speech today.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

User avatar
Achtung Englander
 
Posts: 7262
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:29 am
Location: Dodi dodi di-do

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:19 pm

anyone here from Europe will have their right to stay here respected. So with a ticking clock anyone who wants to get in will most likely think now is the best chance. So the impact could be an increase in migration to the UK for the foreseeable future
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

User avatar
DjchunKfunK
 
Posts: 24231
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:52 pm

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Not sure how she managed to keep a straight face when she started talking about how we are more united now. Talk about strengthening the Union was also laughable when Sturgeon has said membership of the single market is a red line for Scotland.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

User avatar
Jez
 
Posts: 11524
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:35 am
Location: worcestershire

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby Jez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Sturgeon...bluff.

User avatar
Jez
 
Posts: 11524
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:35 am
Location: worcestershire

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby Jez » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 pm

I liked Mays speech. It struck the right tone towards Europe. Hand of friendship, cooperation and all that good stuff but a warning not to punish the people of the UK for choosing to leave. Whether or not the reality in Europe will be the former or the latter well time tells. I suspect they'll still go with the latter in any attempt to try to dissuade other countries from leaving the grand scheme.

User avatar
Jez
 
Posts: 11524
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:35 am
Location: worcestershire

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby Jez » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 am

Someone had a trim? :)

User avatar
DjchunKfunK
 
Posts: 24231
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:52 pm

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 am

I mean it was less hand of friendship and more do what I want or else. May along with Hammond speaking at the weekend have strongly hinted that if we don't get a good deal we will become some sort of offshore low tax haven.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

User avatar
Edwin
the cunt
 
Posts: 24624
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:57 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby Edwin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 pm

That is probably part of the plan regardless of the deal we get, corporation tax is probably going to go down and stay down even if Labour win an election.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

User avatar
Jez
 
Posts: 11524
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:35 am
Location: worcestershire

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby Jez » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Labour just don't have a clue how to approach any of this beyond pretending they are effective opposition and opposing things.

User avatar
DjchunKfunK
 
Posts: 24231
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:52 pm

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:05 am

Probably because Corbyn is at odds with a large part of his party over Europe. So he broadly agrees with what the Tories are doing, but has to look like he is opposed to some stuff in principle for the sake of his party. He's not the best at PMQs, neither is May, but to be honest even the best orator would have struggled to challenge May on Brexit yesterday considering the stances they both take.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

User avatar
Sly Boots
MILF
 
Posts: 12851
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: 23rd June EU Referendum

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:37 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:I mean it was less hand of friendship and more do what I want or else. May along with Hammond speaking at the weekend have strongly hinted that if we don't get a good deal we will become some sort of offshore low tax haven.


What did Clarkson make of it all?
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests