Summer of Sweat 2016

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Prey
Admin

Summer of Sweat 2016

Postby Prey » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:00 am

Here we go again then -

Back to long ass sleepless nights covered in your own sweat. Kids screaming at the top of their lungs as if it is still the middle of the day until gone 10pm. 100 knocks on the door a day asking if my kids are playing out starting at 8am every single morning. Going out and buying the best mobile cooling fan I can find to keep me feeling moderately sane. Neighbours playing horrible music at ridiculous sounding levels and no matter how high you turn up the tv there's no escaping it still. Not being able to enter a room for hours because your windows are all open and a huge bee/wasp somehow found its way in there and now refuses to leave. Drinking more liquids than your body can physically handle. Dropping all the graphical settings in games because your graphics card is cooking itself slowly and you still wish to game just as much as you did in Winter. Tackling the yearly garden chores only for you to cut through a brand new hedge trimmer wire within the first five minutes of use (actually happened yesterday and is a new record for us) Being forever pestered into doing silly summer only tasks such as water fights, blowing up the outdoor pool that takes six hours to fill, family garden picnics and barbecues you just cannot be arsed with and overall just generally feeling agitated and restless because it's just too damn hot and everyone else is loving it but yo...JUST LEAVE IT OK I WILL DO IT IN A MINUTE I SAID!!!!!

I hate Summer already and it's only been a day or so. What are your summer pet hates? I know I should enjoy it deep down and I'm a complete grumpy git for posting this but hey I'm a heavy rain everyone indoors and cool weather kinda guy. :mrgreen:

Animalmother

Re: Summer of Sweat 2016

Postby Animalmother » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:12 am

I was in New Castle for a few days last week, fucking Baltic it was! We kept making 'It's cold north o The Wall' references.

Not being able to sleep is my worst thing about summer. And the flies, I really hate flies.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:33 pm

I used to get really bad hayfever but a couple of years ago I started taking allergy tablets and it more or less doesn't bother me anymore. That was the worst part about summer.

Other than that I like the long, bright days and the walking around in less clothes. The students across the road from my flat all clear out during summer so it's actually quieter around my area than the rest of the year and I live quite high up so when I open the windows I get lovely cool breezes. Inevitably we get days where it totally pisses it down but is still warm outside, which is lovely too.

The only thing that really bothers me now is overly humid days because our office turns into a microwave.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:18 pm

Automatically put on jeans to go for a walk earlier.

Should have chosen shorts..... :(
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:19 pm

Fuckin love summer.

Or deep winter.

Hate in between especially late autumn where it's just nothing weather.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Summer is the best. Thankfully I have a nice cool flat which is north/south facing and has high ceilings. Sucks in the winter, but means it doesn't get too hot in the summer.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Summer is shit. Bunch of fannyheeds polluting the lovely parks with fucking disposable barbeques, leaving their junk at their arse. Summer brings out the worst people. Every other season is better.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Summer dislikes:

1. Afforementioned wasp invasion.

2. What eVoL said -- particularly the ones who look like they live at the gym and have tattoos on every spare inch of flesh. Which seems to be pretty much EVERYONE. Where do all these people come from?

3. Needing to change one's shirt twice a day.
Bear welcome in your eye, your hand, your tongue.
Look like th' innocent flower, but be the serpent under ’t.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Summer is definitely here, I saw a shirtless chav wandering around Asda and everything.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:19 am

Had an awful time trying to sleep last night even with the bedroom fan on and the window wide open wearing just a pair of boxers I must have spent a good three hours trying to get to sleep in utter vain.

Word is it's only for two more days though after which temps will drop, thank god.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:32 am

It's only 24 degrees! Don't be such a wimp. -_-

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:45 am

Indeed mantis :)

Try 45 degrees in Iraq. Bloody hell it is.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:24 pm

USB desk fan. Changed my life.
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Can confirm Edwin's observations, summer is definitely here. Walked past a Wetherspoon's earlier on and saw a small group of late-middle aged men all sat topless drinking pints.

Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Living in Scotland means you get the pleasant warmth without the unbearable heat. Still need to change my shirt twice a day though...but that's mostly because of all the walking I do (I don't own a car).
Bear welcome in your eye, your hand, your tongue.
Look like th' innocent flower, but be the serpent under ’t.

Next

Return to General & Real World