The Quiet Few

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Edwin
the cunt

Re: The Quiet Few

Postby Edwin » Sat May 28, 2016 8:26 am

Prey wrote: After 13 long years I'd like to see any forum or board that hasn't dwindled somewhat since it first began as it's very much a natural occurrence and to me personally a truly quiet forum is one that hasn't had that many posts in several days - we still average a couple of hundred posts per day.

Not always. Preys-World and 4chan are the same age, with a couple of months. You decide if having millions of posts a day is a good thing ¬_¬
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Sat May 28, 2016 9:51 am

Achtung Englander wrote:how do you mean Steam has died off for you ?

Ah right missed this reply, the one game I'm playing properly isn't installed on both PCs I use all the time so I'd been logging into Steam maybe half the time I used to. That won't change for another month with the job.

However I did just watch someone on Youtube playing Dead Air and was reminded of the good times so tempting to reinstall L4D2 and blaze through those original maps again.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Sat May 28, 2016 10:01 am

Prey wrote:If however you do log in and think to yourself "hey I could probably do more to make the place a bit more active" don't just sit there and think it, sit there and bloody well do it. That's all I will ever ask of any of you because that's all I ever ask of myself when I log in each and every day.

Tweeted about the forum today when some smartarse on YT implied I'd never been part of any online community, turns out the forum has handily been running longer than either of them were on Youtube but whatever, if we have old members coming back that's as good as new ones now (maybe better) for me anyway.

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Sat May 28, 2016 10:11 am

BoggyB wrote:
Prey wrote:Secretly I still very much loathe you too Boggy. <3

Et tu, buddy.

NEITHER OF THESE THINGS ARE TRUE! :evil:

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sat May 28, 2016 12:51 pm

I cant believe after all these years, we are all still here.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Burberry Knight

Postby Burberry Knight » Sat May 28, 2016 9:09 pm

Prey wrote:Thanks for that Burberry Knight. It means a lot man honestly.

No problem at all, mate. It's good to see you posting again these days :)

I often intend to post about something and then forget by the time I am at my computer, mostly due to being pretty busy and/or knackered. It is good to see so many long term folks still around to this day, or even in some cases returning! I've read the forum for almost a decade, but it became even more of a regular thing when I signed up back in '09.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sun May 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Nethlyn wrote:
Prey wrote:If however you do log in and think to yourself "hey I could probably do more to make the place a bit more active" don't just sit there and think it, sit there and bloody well do it. That's all I will ever ask of any of you because that's all I ever ask of myself when I log in each and every day.

Tweeted about the forum today when some smartarse on YT implied I'd never been part of any online community, turns out the forum has handily been running longer than either of them were on Youtube but whatever, if we have old members coming back that's as good as new ones now (maybe better) for me anyway.

The.. bu.. what?!
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Sun May 29, 2016 7:45 pm

[EDIT Hang on Phil, I didn't mean you it was someone completely different], despite having more ideas re the forum etc (which I have to PM you about in fact) I've accepted that people will join if they want to join and then lurk without posting if they want to lurk. I don't have any control over that, is all I meant, though I probably should've worded it better.

Almeister

Postby Almeister » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Edwin wrote:
Prey wrote: After 13 long years I'd like to see any forum or board that hasn't dwindled somewhat since it first began as it's very much a natural occurrence and to me personally a truly quiet forum is one that hasn't had that many posts in several days - we still average a couple of hundred posts per day.

Not always. Preys-World and 4chan are the same age, with a couple of months. You decide if having millions of posts a day is a good thing ¬_¬

Huh... that's an interesting factoid! Weird.

Also, hi Dave! :D

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:12 am

Almeister wrote:
Also, hi Dave! :D

Ello thar Al! How is it going man? :)

Almeister

Postby Almeister » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 pm

Prey wrote:Ello thar Al! How is it going man? :)

Alright mate, nice to be back and seeing how so many of the old guard have kept on trucking... with the same avatars and sigs no less, hehe. I really miss my old applachia phBB theme, but other than that feels very homely!

How about you? Are you still doing your sick illustrations?

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:54 pm

I had a few spare minutes at work and had a look at the <forgotten name of website - something like way back when machine. It basically has cached pages from yonks ago that you can browse>. Had a look at preys world back in 2003. Not much has changed. :)

Previous

Return to General & Real World