R.I.P Terry Wogan

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Jez

Re: R.I.P Terry Wogan

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:54 am

Fuckin hell sly :(

Really hope you get the result you want on that mate.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:34 am

Jez wrote:Fuckin hell sly :(

Really hope you get the result you want on that mate.

Thanks Jez. Not the right place for it, obviously, but keeping fingers crossed.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:19 pm

What do you do out of curiosity?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Jez wrote:What do you do out of curiosity?

Freelance writer, mostly work for an agency that produces internal company magazines, had a regular gig for the past seven years that is basically a salary, but there's a chance it's going to go, may find out this week, maybe next. There's basically nothing else out there either, most of the people I know elsewhere are looking for ways into other things.
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Hope things work out for you Sly. You know you have the full support of everyone here.

I just happend to have Radio 2 on while doing a spot of decorating when the subject of Sir Terry came up and they received a call from a very emotional 71 year old man who could barely compose himself enough to talk and even compared the passing of Tel with that of Princess Diana. Within a minute or so I had the biggest lump in my throat and my eyes welling up listening to him explaning what he meant to him to the radio host, it was as if he'd lost a close family member. Even though I always knew Terry was a national treasure I genuinely was taken a back listening to this utterly inconsolable guest saying Terry gave him reason to get out of bed each morning and even the radio host was completely caught of guard and didn't know what to do as this man broke down time and time again over the phone. Bloody hell it was heartbreaking to hear it really was and just thinking about it now is starting me off all over again.

And breathe Dave, breathe.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:10 am

Hope it all goes well for you Sly :)

Terry was a real legend. He made Eurovision watchable for crying out loud! And was never shy of taking the piss out of himself on sets with comedians and was in a couple with late Kenny Everett :(
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:48 am

on the same day Wogan died, one actor whose memory will always be with me for being in one of the most funniest TV episodes ever, Frank Finlay in The Witchsmeller Pursuivant

Also bye Terry. I used to see all the time when I was 11. His son went to the same school as me until I begged my parents I wanted to leave it for another (and better) one. Went from a private school to a comprehensive and where I struggled under the private system, I did a lot better under the comprehensive simply because the teachers were so much better. Go figure.
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:31 am

Sly Boots wrote:A bit devastated by this.

This year has got off to a bloody awful start, and that's even before finding out next week whether I'm even going to have an income any more.

When I was made redundant a few years ago, they told me in the run up to Christmas. Their timing wasn't appreciated.

If it doesnt go well, I hope you find something quickly.
Just once I want radiation to turn something into a giant fluffy bunny, instead of the Grand Poobah of all Mirelurks.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Edwin wrote:He made Eurovision watchable.

19 Eurovision Moments To Remember Terry Wogan By

http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/can-we-please-watch-the-commercials#.xmMdbQ43k

“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.”

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:33 pm

“Hold on. Be strong. Just cling to the wreckage. It will be over soon.”

:lol:
My face is tired.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:49 pm

“It’s been a wonderful, wonderful evening. I mean, not musically of course, but in terms of spectacle…” :lol: =D>

“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.”

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:on the same day Wogan died, one actor whose memory will always be with me for being in one of the most funniest TV episodes ever, Frank Finlay in The Witchsmeller Pursuivant

Also bye Terry. I used to see all the time when I was 11. His son went to the same school as me until I begged my parents I wanted to leave it for another (and better) one. Went from a private school to a comprehensive and where I struggled under the private system, I did a lot better under the comprehensive simply because the teachers were so much better. Go figure.

Those clips are fantastic! Pissing myself here =D>

"AND A MAN...THAT PROPAGATES........POOODLLESSSSSS!"

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:45 pm

glad you liked it Jez. I have seen that episode god knows how many times since the first time I saw it back in '82. That Philips VHS tape must have been worn dry with the amount of times I used to rewind and watch

fun days
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:21 pm

Blackadder 1 was always my favourite of the series, and the Witchsmeller Pursuivant episode was one of the very best.

"Blebleblebleble burn the witch!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch the first part..."
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Previous

Return to General & Real World