The PWF Bar - Gaping Void of the Internet - Ménage à Trois

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Tichinde

Re: The PWF Bar - Gaping Void of the Internet - Ménage à Tro

Postby Tichinde » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:39 am

I am so tired right now.
Got the keys to the new house, ran everything up there on Thursday, spent yesterday painting and cleaning.
Today is round two of painting and cleaning.
My back and shoulders are not looking forward to this...

On the other hand, new house!!!! :D
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 am

Nice mate.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Do you guys realise that PWF turned 14 years old last month? That's pretty insane when you think about it.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Surely is mate. Well done.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:24 pm

Another few years and I'll have spent half my life as a member here.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Terrifying.

What are we doing for the 15th? Some kind of celebration is in order no?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm up for meeting up with y'all folks, now that I've popped my cherry with Snowy (so to speak).

In other news, we've accepted an offer on our house and had an offer accepted on one we liked the look of. So looks like we could be moving soon (or as soon as these things generally take), which will be nice.

It means uprooting the kids from their school and friends they've made, but at 4 and 6 we feel it's better to do it now as it only gets harder the older they get.

Eep.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:57 pm

A meet is a nice idea i think also. I'm not sure when i could commit to it with busy busy busy until mid next year though.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Things are getting a wee bit blowy here, there's a hurricane working it's way up the country :/

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Everyone woke up with an ominous Red Sun looming down this morning but don't worry it's not judgement day it's all down to the sand particles caught up in the storm from the Sahara, apparently. There's a haunting calm outside right now with an odd coloured tinge in the air which just looks kind of freaky.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:11 pm

It's days like these that I like to remind the wife that her mocking of my bug-out bag means that she is not entitled to access its contents when Armageddon comes.

She rue the day she poured scorn on my water purification tablets and emergency whistle.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:57 am

Good morning/evening everyone.

I have been debating on whether to make this post for a long time as the subject of the post is fairly important to me right now but then I concluded that ultimately this is the quickest way to do it so to speak. “Pull the Plaster off in one go” as they say.

So recently I have been unwell. It started at about the tail end of July when I started getting out of breath very easily. This was also eventually joined by mild chest pains, nausea and dizziness. After consulting with a doctor and talking a couple of blood tests we concluding it was likely a type of anti depressant I was taking. So we switched to another type we went from there. The issue persisted so this time we went with a chest x ray.
Shortly after this I was contacted by my doctor and I was told that I have an enlarged (or swollen) heart. Long story short as my heart is bigger (for reasons yet unknown) its having to work harder to do its thing which subsequently mean the slightest physical excursion from myself (this can range from talking whilst walking or simply walking across the yard to say hello to Mum and Dad) can cause me to get breathless and very disorientated. It doesn’t sound like much but if I had to describe it sufficiently I would ask you to recall the last time you were completely and totally out of breath. To the point of vomiting, coughing, choking and passing out all at once, and that point where you think “shit I can’t catch my breath”. If you have suffered such a thing imagine feeling that just by walking up some stairs or lifting something heavy.
Of course being the anxious type doesn’t really help. Being sat at your desk at work and suddenly dwelling on something from your past some 20 years ago that causes you to breathe like a jack russel in a locked during a British summer is not something I am really enjoying.

So yeah, 34 and a heart condition of sorts.

When I said to my German teacher when I was 12 “I want to be just like Homer Simpson” this is not what I had in mind.

Now, the grim bit aside everything that needs to happen is happening. I have been referred to Doctors at Papworth (Google them to understand why that is such an awesome thing) who will eventually have a consultation with me to discuss the condition and hopefully what happens next. I have taken steps within my day to day life to make sure I don’t struggle physically needlessly and generally speaking have slowed things down a lot which has helped no end.

Also as my appetite has also dwindled slightly I have lost just over 2 stone. So that’s a nice treat also.

So yeah, I thought I would use this worrying health news to touch base with the boys from the “world” and re connect with your lovely bunch of bananas.

I sincerely hope you are all well and happy.
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Shit. That's not so good Tank. It sounds similar to something my young nephew went through a few years back. If its any consolation he was only 8 or 9 at the time so this kind of shit can strike at any age or time I suppose.

Wishing you all the best in your recovery which I have no doubt you will do in the end. It's just a shitty thing to have to go through in the first place. Stay strong and positive fella.

On the plus side the weight loss is always a bonus. And I'm sure you could work that big heart diagnosis into some quality chat-up patter.

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Sorry to hear about this, Tank. Hope you and the docs find a way to manage it and get you back healthy again.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Sorry to hear Tank, hopefully you can make the necessary adjustments to your life and get the medical help necessary to allow you to lead a normal and long life.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World