The PWF Bar - Gaping Void of the Internet - Ménage à Trois

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Jez

Re: The PWF Bar - Gaping Void of the Internet - Ménage à Tro

Postby Jez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Terrible before xmas. Pain in the ass thing to happen.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Christmas doesn't really factor in for us, but it's the time of year for it because some people keep presents beneath the tree, and thieves see that as an easy target.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Just had a conversation with the insurer regarding the burglary; we're getting everything replaced, and it's on its way. I'm actually getting a much newer Surface Pro than the one that was stolen, I think it's 3 generations of processors more recent, and the drone is being replaced with the same model but as a bundle that comes with an extra £150 worth of batteries. It's all new stuff, I was actually expecting refurbs but by the sound of it the guy's just been on the PC World website and found stuff with the closest value to what we originally paid. Everything that couldn't be replaced we're getting the original cash price for, although weirdly they chose to replace a copy of CoD:FW that I paid a fiver for (and they had the receipt for it) with the value of CoD:WWII in the form of an Argos voucher.

Genuinely the thing I've actually been saddest about is losing the save games on the Switch. My Zelda shrine completion, my Mario moons, my poor Stardew Valley chickens. ;_;

So yeah, I recommend PaymentShield's contents insurance.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Very nice result really in end then goodo

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:02 pm

So what you're saying is that if Nintendo had implemented cloud saving with their games then you'd probably be quite happy to have been burgled in the end? -_-

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Did a Xmas pub crawl last night, I now feel like hammered shit. I would not recommend it :(

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 am

Mantis wrote:So what you're saying is that if Nintendo had implemented cloud saving with their games then you'd probably be quite happy to have been burgled in the end? -_-

It's odd to think that just for a change, I'm the one profiting from human misery. Admitedly it's my own misery, so I don't feel like a horrible person. In fairness there's a £100 excess on the insurance, and we had a number of small items with no receipts (largely my backpack and wallet) that we couldn't claim for, so I think we're still going to be down overall.

katarn

Postby katarn » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Yeah, I guess even if you got everything back it still wouldn't compensate for the actual shock of it happening.

At least it's some small comfort.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:03 pm

We were told numerous times yesterday that the two laptops and the Switch wouldn't turn up before the 2nd. They turned up today, along with the PS4. It's like second christmas.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:31 pm

Y'know, I have a fairly dim view of the world as a whole these days. Between my ongoing struggle with depression, major political and world events, the continued existence of Katie Hopkins and so on, I sometimes find it difficult to see good things happening. Since we were burgled, we've had a number of kind gestures that have really helped lift our moods, including a couple from people here. I'm not going to go into more detail than that, I think those involved know how much it has meant to us.

It's nice to see the world through more positive eyes every now and then.

Previous

Return to General & Real World