The PWF Bar - Gaping Void of the Internet - Ménage à Trois

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: The PWF Bar - Gaping Void of the Internet - Ménage à Tro

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:29 am

Spent the last couple of hours trawling the internet looking for info. Found his sister's twitter... looks like he went missing, last seen in Eastbourne, suffered with depression, then just a post about the funeral. You don't want to leap to conclusions, but not hard to fill in the blanks really. There was a CCTV still of him passing through Clapham rail station on his way to the coast... it's an odd feeling, looking at probably the last photo of one of your closest childhood friends :(
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:40 am

Very sad aye. I have pretty much lost all contact with my friends from back home since I moved here 20 odd years ago. Lot of water under the bridges but I'm not sure what I'd think if I'd read something like that about one of the them.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Sorry to hear that Sly.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks guys. Been a very introspective couple of days. A lot of memories stirred up that I'd long forgotten. Some guilt too, wondering if things might have been different had we not lost touch. Strange times.
My face is tired.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:02 am

Mate, I think we're getting to the inevitable days when we're old enough to start seeing our childhood friends and schoolmates start to pass. I remember when a few of my dads old mates died over the years, you never think it happens to you. At least you remember him, which is good :)

There's fox in my back garden doing that weird scream thing they do, but I reckon its a juvenile as its sounds like a child crying. It puts the shits up you at 3 in the fucking morning I can fucking tell you..

This except more high pitched. And at 3 in the fucking morning.

The Edwin...

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:47 am

Sly Boots wrote:So, board/card games then... I just bought Arkham Horror to give a go with Mrs Boots, after seeing a few rave reviews for it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Outlet/Arkha ... ham+horror

Struggling with man-flu at the moment so after reading some of the instructions, set it to one side until my brain can handle learning a complex new game.

But, has anyone played this? Thoughts?

This is really good, by the way. Played the first part of a three-scenario campaign last night with the missus. The odds are stacked against the players, so because we wanted a fun rather than attritional experience we played the easy version, and even then there were a few moments of 'oh for FUCK sake, what now?!" :lol:

An example would be when we were facing the scenario boss - who on our first try a week back when we were learning the rules and mucking up a bit drove my character insane and minced my wife's character - and doing rather better this time we understood more what we were doing, each round we kept unleashing wave after wave of additional enemies that were whittling us gradually down. However, we did beat it in the end and it was good fun overall.

I think people here would like it. Trying to rack my brains to think how I could get a forum game going, but coming up blank :(

Nice non-spoilery vid of it here:

My face is tired.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Found a load of "collectable" crap in the attic, including Dr Who trading cards and Tintin payphone cards. Loads of them are being flogged on ebay with no bidders which proves just how collectable they are. Nobody knows where any of it came from, but according to the dates on the cards they were bought some time after 1996. I think they survived for so long because they were hidden under bin bags full of TYs #-o
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:17 pm

If I hear someone say another pancake day joke today, I'll batter 'em.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Rossell wrote:If I hear someone say another pancake day joke today, I'll batter 'em.

I see what you did there... =D> :)
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Eny

Postby Eny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:37 pm

What a crépe pun....¬_¬
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Fuck me, its March already :?

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Spring shall be springing soon! Can't wait to get the garden sorted and start having weekend barbecues again. Always perks mum right up having some meat and Prosecco in the garden, even if she moans about going outside for a while beforehand.

Also nearly finished setting up my catering business; had a slight spanner put in the works that the client I had been interacting with over packaging has turned out to be a bit bloody useless but I'm on schedule. It's just sort of screwing my sales forecast at the moment. On that note: doing accounts and stuff is actually quite fun, it's like balancing the books in Sim City except this shit matters. Feeling really chuffed about the work I've done so far, already done a couple of partnership deals for PR, got some guy that's doing an expedition in April in aid of wounded soldiers wanting a kilo for the trip, that'll be a good earner and great PR potential considering I'm aiming my business to have social enterprise features. Probably scout a few local venues in the next week or two for some sales opportunities, some great new places opening up in my area. Even got a cute looking Americana Western bar that is touting itself as an arts venue! Gentrification is awesome.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Hope you find a niche there mate. What sort of things do you do?

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Halal beef jerky in aid of Palestine innit.

Nah, just artisan beef jerky. God I hate using that word. But I have to. Marketing speak. Dreary as fuck.

EDIT: Yeah should've mentioned what I do in the previous post because I just saw about me providing "a kilo for a mate" and it makes me sound like Pablo Escobar :lol:
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 pm

Don't forget, clocks go forward tonight.
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World