Exciting adventures in meat space.
chun

Re: Members of old PWF Thread

Postby chun » Mon May 02, 2016 9:14 am

Yo

BoggyB

Postby BoggyB » Mon May 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Blimey, I've just noticed you're back, Doug. I'm not sure I can handle this wave of nostalgia. :D
Listen to me. Traitor.

Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Hello chun and BoggyB! Glad to see you again!

Chun, you were one of the Brothers of Metal, were you not? It's been so long now I've completely forgotten what the Brothers of Metal actually were. I remember we had our own forum at one stage. Some pretty awesome people were in it and many of them signed up here. Sadly, it seems they're no longer posting.
Bear welcome in your eye, your hand, your tongue.
Look like th' innocent flower, but be the serpent under ’t.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Tue May 03, 2016 5:08 am

BoM? Sounds a lot like one of the old Counterstrike clans that were on here for a bit. What I remember most is buying an Athlon 64 off you Doug since you were upgrading every three weeks back in the day :D good to have you back, hope you stick around.
Youtube Channel Currently Offline https://www.youtube.com/ channel/ UCImKjJptbRwGw0nHMykzeqg
Blog: http://kensmoviereview.wordpress.com

Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Tue May 03, 2016 5:55 am

Nethlyn wrote:BoM? Sounds a lot like one of the old Counterstrike clans that were on here for a bit.

Sounds about right; but I'm pretty sure I had stopped playing Counterstrike by the time I was a part of that gang. I think it was possibly a Counterstrike clan/metal appreciation society combo. I was just there for the metal.

Nethlyn wrote:What I remember most is buying an Athlon 64 off you Doug since you were upgrading every three weeks back in the day :D good to have you back, hope you stick around.

Ha! I was upgrading an awful lot back then indeed! I vaguely remember selling you that.

Nowadays I only buy small-form-factor net-tops. I've not "built" a PC since 2008.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue May 03, 2016 8:35 am

Ha, BoM! Viddy and I started that and it had surprisingly long legs after both of us had forgotten all about it :D
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri May 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Okay, I am now convinced that there were indeed TWO York meets. I remember this now because of the clothes I was wearing.

I was trawling through the Archive of Dust and I discovered this post made by myself:

Stormbringer (in May 2006) wrote:Just ordered a Gone Jackals T-shirt! One of the last remaining, apparantly. I feel special.

I was wearing that shirt at the first York gathering, which I think took place only a month or two later (maybe the June or July of that year).

This was the best York meet. I still don't remember anyone else attending except myself, Viddy and Prey, but I know there was at least another. Was it Plant, perhaps? In any case, I remember having a nice time.

The second gathering happened in 2007 and that indeed was the one with Owen, Bev, Me and Ross. Maybe another? We had organised a second York meet because of the success of the first one. It was okay, but it really didn't live up to its predecessor. I was wearing a leather jacket on that day, which is what made me remember it being a different event.

Wizard Of Odd

Postby Wizard Of Odd » Fri May 13, 2016 6:50 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
#m wrote:I'm amazed this place is till going. I remembered an old thread that was posted on Wizards Forum with spag bol recipes in it and went to look for it, found it deader than a dead thing. Don't suppose anyone knows what ever happened there and when? Same goes for where ever the hell PCGF ended up being thrown. CVG seems to have long gone and PCGamer.com seems to no longer have a forum. Other than TheTales which seems pretty quiet is this the last home of people who met on PCGF?

Sekrit is still going, but has moved to Slack rather than using a typical forum. A fair few names on that list Prey posted are still active over there.

Wizards Forum is still going strong. Close to 12 years I think now. We had to move because of some crazy real life shit that happened, but it still exists and is fairly active.

Also, hi.

Wizard Of Odd

Postby Wizard Of Odd » Fri May 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Stormbringer wrote:Hello chun and BoggyB! Glad to see you again!

Chun, you were one of the Brothers of Metal, were you not? It's been so long now I've completely forgotten what the Brothers of Metal actually were. I remember we had our own forum at one stage. Some pretty awesome people were in it and many of them signed up here. Sadly, it seems they're no longer posting.

I was in BoM! I made two awesome custom sprays, one based on Appetite for Destruction and one on The Number Of The Beast haha! Used to love playing in that CS:S league with everyone.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri May 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Another BoM member here, but on Guild Wars if memory serves.

Doug, was it you sold me a Finntroll tshirt way back when? If so, I still own it and wear it :D
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri May 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Snowy wrote:Doug, was it you sold me a Finntroll tshirt way back when? If so, I still own it and wear it :D

Possibly...

Was it this one?

Almeister

Postby Almeister » Wed May 18, 2016 12:20 am

Evening chaps, I'm not dead at least ¬_¬

Reading the last couple of pages, man, it's good to see such colloquial use of the ¬_¬ smiley again - as well as seeing most of the old guard are still around. That really does bring me back some PW feels :D

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Wed May 18, 2016 8:44 am

Stormbringer wrote:
Snowy wrote:Doug, was it you sold me a Finntroll tshirt way back when? If so, I still own it and wear it :D

Possibly...

Was it this one?

I used to own this t-shirt. It got too small for me, though. ¬___¬

Almeister wrote:Evening chaps, I'm not dead at least ¬_¬

Reading the last couple of pages, man, it's good to see such colloquial use of the ¬_¬ smiley again - as well as seeing most of the old guard are still around. That really does bring me back some PW feels :D

Welcome back!

Almeister

Postby Almeister » Wed May 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Gibby wrote:Welcome back!

Thanks dude :) Life been treating you well?

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Thu May 19, 2016 8:15 am

It sure it! How about you?

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World