Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2015

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Mantis
Admin

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2015

Postby Mantis » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Let's make it easier to navigate through deals rather than get mixed up with links from last year.

E: Did you delete your post Neth? I was just moving it in.

Nethlyn

Re: Black Friday 2015

Postby Nethlyn » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:29 pm

No problem, post cut and pasted;

American Amazon have kicked off with some sort-of-but-not-really Black Friday stuff, nothing on the UK side, whilst Asda say they're not bothering with the carnage this year just spreading the discounts over the whole season for non-food;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34774483

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34774289

I've got nothing against it but it should be tailored for Britain if they're going to do it at all, the blue cross sale is some century old tradition, just call it Black Cross Friday and it would take off properly and possibly without the fighting and potential earlier postal and courier logjams.

[EDIT] Yeah great minds eh Mantis? :)

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Prometheus going under a tenner for the 3D version was good enough for me, if you can get Exodus in 3D for the same £8 or less I would cave for that and call it a day to be caught up with recent Ridley Scott. This year there's nothing "necessary" and if I bother with a family gift I already know what they're going to get.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Nethlyn wrote:Asda say they're not bothering with the carnage this year just spreading the discounts over the whole season for non-food

Damn shame.

The corporate park I work on is directly opposite a vast Asda in Eastleigh, and the last two years has become a spectator sport, with many of us driving into the car park and breaking out the popcorn while watching the bustling J D Sports/Onesie bedecked oxygen thieves gathering like phlegm outside the doors.

The fighting that then commences when the doors are opened is just hysterical, all to buy an unbranded 50 inch TV. It is a kind of Jeremy Kyle riot, but if it isn't happening this year I will work from home Friday...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:24 pm

:lol:

But you never recorded and shared it for our laughs ya git!
Formerly MrAnnoyed

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:27 pm

You already have LiveLeak available.

EDIT: Wait did I really see someone use the term "oxygen thief" unironically? :lol: =D> :roll: #-o
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Yep - in their cases it is quite literal. Wastes of DNA, they should never have progressed beyond an unsatisfying wank, let alone become human beings.

Did I do something wrong Mr Piggeh?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:13 pm

:D

Any decent tech bargains last year? I'm in the general market for a laptop HDD and whatever the size or capacity you never get much change out of £35-40 or the spindle speed is slower compared to the usual internals.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Bwack Fwiday deals have now started over on Amazon. No earth shattering discounts yet.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:59 pm

I've bought a Philips Hue smart light setup for £120 that should have been £215, so that's nice. Also the Blu Ray Alien Quadrilogy for £12, which works out as £4 per film, which ain't bad.

Thing is, you're buggered if you don't have Prime this year, as all of the best deals are gone before the Prime early access is up.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:12 am

I got the Smart Harmony remote for 40... but if you buy £30 in gift cards they give you 7 quid so really 33 :) I have the older (first) model that was USA only which was great but doesnt work any more, nearly paid 80 for it a few months back. Happy with that!

Would have bought the Kaos KOPro but I caught it with 1min left and missed it.

Also got battery pack of some crazy high mah for a tenner. Its way bigger than I was expecting but its really to go in my bag at work as a just incase anyway so no biggie.

Been hoping for a stupid deal on a windows tablet like is on a bunch of droid tablets but not so much yet, best was Linx10 for 130 with keyboard but I was thinking sub £70 for something of whatever screen size as long as it had 2gig ram. If I dont buy one to appease my craving I'll end up getting a Surface Pro 4 and regret the shit out of spending so much :lol:
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:44 am

Snowy wrote:Yep - in their cases it is quite literal. Wastes of DNA, they should never have progressed beyond an unsatisfying wank, let alone become human beings.

Did I do something wrong Mr Piggeh?

If I have to explain why dehumanisation of people not too different from you is then you're just as worthless as they are to you in my eyes; however I would smile and wish you the best your existence has to offer despite your moral failings.

Edgy as fuck etc.

EDIT: Seriously though if you don't see why that sort of phrase is massively toxic and problematic then you probably need to do a bit of reading on the news. Same language used by racists, might be a good thing to get in there early in not using such language used by BNP shites. I mean you're basically calling people subhuman. Think about it for a few minutes. If it helps you develop some kind of prehensile empathy for other human beings like you maybe imagine that you have kids that have to deal with what "Black Friday" is going to become if we continue to promote it in the UK. You wanna be just like the US? Okay. Gonna teach me how to fire a gun? Seems fair.

#-o
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alun_parker1987

Turned out nice again!

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:58 am

Let's just stick with finding good deals on thing we didn't need.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:21 am

Checked Amazon's deals every so often, not seen anything I'm remotely interested in buying. And the discounts are mostly rubbish. 20% off some piece of tat I don't really need? Come back to me when it's 80% off and I might be tempted :lol:
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:29 pm

It seems nobody in the UK is really that bothered about it this year, seeing photos of shopping centres and big stores all over the country that are basically empty. I haven't really bothered shopping around online much to see how bad the deals are but if they're anything like what Overclockers are currently offering I can see why people don't really care; £10-20 off a £200+ item is peanuts.

Still, nice to see the Americans are keeping up standards by brawling with each other in the malls. God bless violent consumerism.

Next

Return to General & Real World