The Leaders Debate & the General Election in General

Exciting adventures in meat space.
gpa-gone-west

Re: The Leaders Debate & the General Election in General

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed May 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Quietman wrote:Spineless, loud pricks who don't have the courage of their convictions and would stick two fingers up at the public rather than do a word they promised to.

Unlike any other party thats got into office recently? and you think all the other promises given by the other parties would have been adhered to? And no, I am not a UKIP supported, its just they all spout shite during an election and then get into office and realise there aint never enough money to do what they promise.
Just once I want radiation to turn something into a giant fluffy bunny, instead of the Grand Poobah of all Mirelurks.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed May 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Your point being? Everybody knows that most career politicians these days aren't worth their salt. UKIP are undoubtedly the worst of a bad bunch though, with their thinly veiled racist policies, appealing to the basest fears of nationalism and spouting nonsense populist policies which attract plenty of attention but ultimately have no substance. The quicker they fade into irrelevance the better.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Wed May 13, 2015 7:55 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:Any damage they have done to their reputation by not letting him resign will be miniscule compared to what would have happened if they had let him go. If he had gone and they had elected someone else then I could see them slipping into irrelevance. With Farge as leader he keeps the party in the media's eye and eventually people will forget how he resigned and then became leader again. Tactically this is the best thing UKIP could have done. Also the worst thing they could have done from my perspective. I was looking forward to them fading back into the shadows.

Polls on remaining part of the EU heavily favour staying in. After the referendum they won't have much to campaign about.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 pm

gpa-gone-west wrote:
Quietman wrote:Spineless, loud pricks who don't have the courage of their convictions and would stick two fingers up at the public rather than do a word they promised to.

Unlike any other party thats got into office recently? and you think all the other promises given by the other parties would have been adhered to? And no, I am not a UKIP supported, its just they all spout shite during an election and then get into office and realise there aint never enough money to do what they promise.

It's shameless really but the main reason the Tories got the night in their favour was pure fear. Fear that labour would get propped up by the SNP. If I heard ol dave say that once more in the run up I heard it fifty times. Red ed tried to say it wouldn't happen but ultimately dave made his case and ed didn't and fear of the SNP plus distrust and fear over labours economic prowess won the day.

I detest the SNP (sorry lee your a pal an all) but they are fucking poison with what they want to do. Call out UKIP for whatever but the SNP are a far more disruptive force in the parliament the next 5 years with them are going to be interesting for sure in any case.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu May 14, 2015 12:09 am

I think it's more that Labour just had no trust from anyone. I only found out about the Moses bit with the tablet and the law to punish folk for criticising Islam recently and fuck me you have to be mental to think that was going to sit well with any potential voter or their own supporters. One cock up to another that let the Tories walk in and it's not like the Tories weren't doing shit either but jeez make yourself better looking than them at least.

Labour did themselves in same as Lib dems.

Oh Jez does this mean you're gonnae shoot me on site in Elite now for my whiskey :shock: :lol:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu May 14, 2015 7:19 am

The lib dems lost out because a lot of their policies before 2010 were unrealistic and once they were in power most of them had to be dropped. The same would have happened to the SNP, Greens and UKIP.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu May 14, 2015 7:41 am

Edwin wrote:
DjchunKfunK wrote:Any damage they have done to their reputation by not letting him resign will be miniscule compared to what would have happened if they had let him go. If he had gone and they had elected someone else then I could see them slipping into irrelevance. With Farge as leader he keeps the party in the media's eye and eventually people will forget how he resigned and then became leader again. Tactically this is the best thing UKIP could have done. Also the worst thing they could have done from my perspective. I was looking forward to them fading back into the shadows.

Polls on remaining part of the EU heavily favour staying in. After the referendum they won't have much to campaign about.

It's not quite that simple because a large majority are also in favour of changes being made to our relationship with the EU. So if Cameron is unable to get any significant changes made to the EU Treaty you could see support for staying in an unreformed EU drop.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu May 14, 2015 8:56 am

I'd also say not to trust polls as they are usually worded for whatever way someone wants the answer to be.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu May 14, 2015 10:26 am

Did you see that episode of Yes, Minister too?

Lee

Postby Lee » Thu May 14, 2015 10:55 am

Yep as a kid on old recorded VHS tapes ;)

That show was way ahead of it's time or just shows that nothing really changes.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Thu May 14, 2015 12:17 pm

I think in regards to the EU we have a lot of people in this country that are saying they don't want to be part of the EU but when it comes to voting, they'll stay in favour of keeping us in. I think it's a loud minority that want us out completely.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Sun May 17, 2015 4:02 am

“...inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.”

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sun May 17, 2015 3:23 pm

Sigur Ros wrote:I think in regards to the EU we have a lot of people in this country that are saying they don't want to be part of the EU but when it comes to voting, they'll stay in favour of keeping us in. I think it's a loud minority that want us out completely.

I think there's a lot of people who don't understand what the EU does beyond the tabloid scaremongering and hyperbole and so fall into line with them out of ignorance.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun May 17, 2015 3:40 pm

We have far more sovereignty from the EU than is typically portrayed. The coalition organised a full review into whether it conflicts with our national interest at all in multiple areas a couple of years ago. The results ended up being pretty favourable of our membership so the government brushed the whole thing under the rug and didn't publicise the paper.

Here it is; https://www.gov.uk/review-of-the-balance-of-competences

Nethlyn

Postby Nethlyn » Sat May 23, 2015 8:30 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... on-autopsy

Think the last one he did was about the referendum, but funny so far.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World