Re: Vaping, then

Postby Jez » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:21 am

Ha :)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Jez wrote:So vaping.

I haven't smoked a proper ciggie in 4 weeks now. Went with a proper battery pack and glassomiser with some really nice liquids.

Delighted with it. Don't really miss real cigs at all now so that's a win.

Nice one mate - it really is the zero-willpower way to kick the weed.

I upgraded again myself recently, now using a P4U IPV4 mod, which goes up to 150W and allows running of temperature controlled nickel and titanium coils. Getting my sub-ohm kick with temp control is ace, no dry hits any more and billowing clouds :)

Have to say though, titanium coils are a no-no in my book. First off, titanium oxide from overheated titanium is massively carcinogenic plus titanium itself goes up like magnesium if it gets too hot. Neither should be a problem running a temperature controlled rig, but I also use a dripper at home which runs on watts rather than the temperature controlled joules, and it would only take me forgetting to switch between the two once for nasty contamination and/or brilliant white fire, which is just too much risk.

Current favourite juices:
Cuttwood Boss Reserve - tasted cereal, honey, milk and banana (this one is the daddy)
Beard Vapes #51 - Vanilla custard with a dash of custard
Charlie's Chalk Dust Peanut Butter & Jesus - Peanut butter and jelly
Clutch Vapors Hat trick - Raspberry Creme Brulee
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:02 pm

You like the cakey type flavours. I'm quite into the fruit type ones.

My all day one is currently from Apollo called kiwi watermelon. Really smooth and not a hint of chemical aftertaste lovely fruity refreshing flavour.

I must try a cake type one though at some point. That first you listed could be a trier.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Wouldn't mind going to a vape convention sometime. It's nice to try new flavours but I have loads of 10ml bottles lying around that I've used once didn't like etc. A full on convention where there's a bit of trial stuff going on would really attract.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:18 pm

My local vape shop go to a lot of them - will keep an ear to the ground on any forthcoming ones, be a good day out to hook up at one I reckon :)

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 pm

With a bit of google fu i discovered that we just missed probably the best one on the UK circuit. Vapefest. Shrewsbury. Real festival atmosphere to it rather than a stuffy convention in say the NEC or something. It was on last weekend i think.

Would happily do a meet up though at something like this.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:46 am

It was, and my vape shop went - was chatting to them about it the other day.

Apparently for the 2-dayers, day 1 is the day to go as folks run out of stock and bugger off :)

In other news, bought myself a lovely Coil Master RDA kit yesterday. I often use a Plume Veil dripper and can make my own coils for my Subtank. The kit is really nice, neat little package with all the usual tools (snips, tweezers, screwdrivers etc) plus an ohm meter and best of all the Coil Master coil tool.

Anyone who makes their own coils will be used to the endless little tweaks and squeezes needed to get a coil just right, as well as the struggle to get two matching coils for any twin coil affair they might need. If they are not identical, they will not heat at the same speed meaning less vapour and the annoyance of knowing your build is substandard. This little tool is fucking brilliant, lets you make perfect tight coils first time every time, all identical. Simple little idea, great execution.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Sure I read someone's opinion of Vapefest last wekeend as having been total arse.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:34 pm

Real enthusiast set up there Ian. Not sure I have either the technical gumption or willpower to deal with that. I use an eleaf istick standard battery pack with a K1 aspire and bvc coils.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:24 am

It is nowhere near as complex as it might appear Jez, and I quite enjoy building my own decks. Does require a little outlay to begin with, but...clouds :)

Tich, that ties in with what my buddies from my vape shop said. Apparently the Saturday was great, but loads of the stallholders sold all their stock on the Saturday so packed up and went home, making the Sunday a complete washout.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:13 am

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Wicked the RBA deck that comes with the subtank mini the other day.
Much cloud, much flavour, quite impressed.
Tears through juice like no ones business though :)

Time to make coils and rebuild the OCC heads too...
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:53 am

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Tichinde wrote:Wicked the RBA deck that comes with the subtank mini the other day.
Much cloud, much flavour, quite impressed.
Tears through juice like no ones business though :)

Time to make coils and rebuild the OCC heads too...

You get used to rebuilding your deck, and get faster over time. I can do a twin-coil deck rebuild for my Plumeveil dripper in the space of about 5 minutes, although that is using the Coilmaster coil-winder, which is an absolute godsend.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:15 am

I don't vape. Don't even smoke, but damn Snowy. Your post of that dudes YouTube channel has sent me into a Vaping video blackhole. Been watching SO many of them.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World