Vaping, then

Exciting adventures in meat space.
Jez

Re: Vaping, then

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Thanks for tips Ian. Ill try again when ive finished sulking i guess.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Like I say matey, happy to have a blether over Skype and walk you through it.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 pm

It might be needed aye. Think I'm maybe struggling with knowing how much cotton to get in there and where. I'm assuming that the leak is coming from through to air flow holes under the coils. If so then I'm curious how you prevent that at all. I seen a video by a fella called Vic (vaping with Vic yt channel) he seems to fill up the juice area using about half the fluff to cover the juice intake on the side then uses the other half to completely cover the gaps on top where the cotton enters the juice well.

Don't know I've read literally all manner of contradicting advice on these coils in the last 2 days. Still annoyed and i have life rubbish to sort so i wont be in any mood for more failure with it. ill wait until some quiet moment (if such a thing exists) at the weekend. Thanks for offer still Ian, i may yet take you up on it if the fabled quiet moment moons align.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:06 pm

If you get all your gubbins together mate, I can walk you through building a fresh deck inside of 10 mins. I am pretty flexible time-wise due to no kiddiewinks, so just let me know when, evenings or weekends both fine.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:39 pm

I got some time this evening to try again, I followed what seemed like logical advice on wicking that was on the vaping with Vic channel. There's a lot of contradictory advice on this out there which tells me there isnt really a standard way to-do this. The one thing that seems common is to get enough in there that it "blocks" all juice access onto the deck as much as possible. I think that i hadn't made enough of an effort to prevent this before mainly because i wasn't understanding where it could have been leaking from.
SO FAR so good at moment. I'm going to leave it overnight charging the battery and see if there's a pool of juice then.

Thanks or the continued offer mate, you are a diamond. I just hope this works as I love the flavour and the cloud chuck from the tank.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 am

My pleasure mate - and yes there is no substitute.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:28 am

No leaks overnight. Might have got the idea, just a matter of refinement now.

Just filled the kitchen with vapour from 3 puffs, and the flavour is bonkers, missus not so pleased might have to relegate myself to the freezing cold conservatory.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:13 am

Nice one, building your own decks just a matter of getting it nailed to avoid leaks. You will still get some leakage around the base, but keeping a tissue in your pocket just part of being a vaper :)

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:32 pm

How long do you usually get out of your cotton Ian? I know its a bit piece of string but just rough idea.

Previous

Return to General & Real World