Podcasts!

Exciting adventures in meat space.
DjchunKfunK

Re: Podcasts!

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Another good Giantbomb podcast this week with Vinnie in charge. I think they should just let him take over from Jeff.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:43 pm

*looks at feed*

Holy fuck Bombcast! What the crap must that cost in bandwidth? :lol:
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Been listening my way through Steve Gaynor's Tone Control podcasts this week. Pretty good stuff. A bit like Parkinson for nerds. :D

https://www.idlethumbs.net/tonecontrol/episodes

Just finished the Clint Hocking one and all have been excellent so far.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Wed May 14, 2014 9:14 pm

So many podcasts to listen to! Went back through the topic and downloaded a shit ton of your suggestions. Listened to GameWank last night and whilst it's funny, it makes me slightly sad they only do 5 or so a year. OLL is on the download as well.

Hoping this migraine fucks off between now and the weekend but in case it doesn't I have plenty of podcasts to keep me occupied.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Thu May 15, 2014 7:37 am

The only one I really listen to is the videogamertv one. I could listen to those guys chat bollocks forever.
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:58 pm

Another couple to chuck into the mix.

Designer Notes: A new podcast from Civ IV designer Soren Johnson. Sure the audio is a little rough, but he's only just started and the content is great! First guest is ex-Blizzard chap Rob Pardo. Lots of yakking baout Stracraft and Warcraft and that.

https://www.idlethumbs.net/designernotes

Serial: A spin-off from This American Life, it's 6 episodes deep just now with number 7 due out on Thursday.

Serial will follow one story - a true story - over the course of a whole season. We'll follow the plot and characters wherever they take us and we won’t know what happens at the end of the story until we get there, not long before you get there with us.

Currently about a juicy bit of murder action in Baltimore, it's pretty gripping stuff and who doesn't love a good murder? :)

http://serialpodcast.org/

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:16 am

I don't know if anyone else on here ever listened to The Lazlow Show, basically a very random radio/podcast from Lazlow Jones of the GTA games (he's an actual real person..). One of the main members of the show called Big Wayne, died at the weekend of a heart attack. Sad as fuck about this as the guy was a fucking hoot and a genuine character. They did about about 50 odd shows over 8 years and each one is gold. Been following it from the start and I guess its now finished. Damn :cry:

This is basically how it was

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 am

Does anyone in hear still listen to the Giantbombcast? I've found it has steadily been going down hill recently, ever since Vinne left, and has got worse since Brad took over officially as host. I think one of the main reasons is that he is terrible at bringing the conversation back round to games and the tangents they have been going on recently have just not been that interesting or funny. The Bombcast has always had a penchant for going off topic, but it appears to have become more prevalent recently. I think it might also be because Brad talks a lot more now that he is host and most of what he has to say I find to be complete garbage.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:41 am

I like Dan.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:45 am

I still listen and I agree. It's a shadow of it's former self. It's mostly filled with the man-baby ramblings of Dan (he's soooo zany!!11). Drew seems to be an alright kind of guy, but is far too much on the periphery of things IMO. I agree with the Vinny comment also and Dave Schneider, although he was never really a regular, is sorely missed too.

Maybe its just the mood I'm in after listening to this weeks episode, but adults living like children just isn't entertaining to me. If it wasn't the main gaming podcast these days it would be hovering close to the chop tbh. I put up with it because its long and fills a lot of time in my working week.

Scrappy

Postby Scrappy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:02 am

Disagree completely. Think the recent GB casts are some of the best they've done. Everyone who is involved is great IMO. Dan is a man child sometimes and some of his opinions are freaking awful, but for the most part I've really enjoyed listening. I don't know what changed, but I was ready to give up on it a couple of months ago (just after Ryan died) and now I'm listening to everything. Maybe it's buyers remorse after I bought a sub to their premium stuff, but I think it's been very, very good. I do wish they'd focus more on games and and talk about more in depth stuff, but I have Idle Thumbs and Chris Remo for that stuff.

I still miss Vinnie and Dave being on the show, and of course Ryan, but I still love it.

Also, Gamerwank is back and is fantastic.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:28 am

#milliondick

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Dan isn't bad. I do think it comes down to Brad for me, at times he talks with such authority about stuff he knows nothing about.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Welcome to every podcast ever.

NG

Postby NG » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:59 am

Came across this from following one ofthe Shacktac (Arma 3) players (Xenon). I wanted to listen to a few podcasts before posting this to see if they're consistent with scheduling as well as approving (can't think of a better word) their podcast content to see if it something others would like to listen to. Fellow gamers like ourselves talking about games.

EDIT : Added Podcast #5
EDIT : Use http://www.listentoyoutube.com if you want to get an audio version for any Youtube podcast.

PreviousNext

Return to General & Real World